HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paajarvi Recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
  #76
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnTpoint View Post
If MPS gets put back with Belanger then he is doom for failure again. I feel bad for the guy when he's the odd man out and get put with the talent-suck Belanger. Literally no one ever plays good with him.
What's up with all of the Belanger hate? He was a consistent 35p guy in previous years on other teams and then when he joins the Oilers he ends up sucking? Something is up with the coaching.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 07:46 PM
  #77
phaedrusDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
What's up with all of the Belanger hate? He was a consistent 35p guy in previous years on other teams and then when he joins the Oilers he ends up sucking? Something is up with the coaching.
yeah, our coaches aren't giving Belanger the chances he deserves!

phaedrusDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
  #78
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrusDH View Post
yeah, our coaches aren't giving Belanger the chances he deserves!
lol.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:04 PM
  #79
Gobo
What's Your Issue?
 
Gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wild Rose Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Not sure how I feel about this, if they give him time in the top 6, then sure, if its just to tie him down with Eric Belanger, then...

I was really excited to see him and Omark do some damage in OKC.

Let's try

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Paajarvi-Lander-Hemsky
Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
Eager-Belanger-Petrell
I really, really like those lines.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM
  #80
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
I really, really like those lines.
I like them too. But let's face it. With RNH out, there is no chance Horcoff isn't in the top 6.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:11 PM
  #81
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Eberle could carry a line single-handedly. Let's see if his brilliance can draw PRV's talent out again. PRV was productive this time last year.

That is if PRV will be playing with Ebs.
Eberle benefits very much from players that can execute a quick strike cycle puck control game. Paajarvi would be lost trying to execute such a game. He's shown no comfort or confidence with the puck all season here.

It makes no sense to stifle our top line thats been running hot to help a player that isn't going to be topsix here anyway.

Next, to the many comments about Paajarvi being buried with players like Belanger and Jones I would wonder what those players feel about the help that Paajarvi has been offering to any linemates. Lets see, how many assists have linemates gotten off of Paajarvi this year?

Jones and Belanger are prolific compared to MPS. Ben Eagers managed 5more goals than zero on limited 4th line minutes.

Paajarvi dug this hole. Its not up to the team to rewrite the lines to try to get him out of it.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
  #82
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I like them too. But let's face it. With RNH out, there is no chance Horcoff isn't in the top 6.
Paajarvi Lander Hemsky playing above Smyth and Jones?

That might sound like something(awful) on paper. But how on earth do you justify this elevation in line and minutes in the context of team?

The trouble with configurations like this is they dishonor the contributions of players that would be demoted. Smyth may not be scoring right now but he's still getting in the spots, creating screens, and contributing something in topsix.

That second line would be just strange. Thats a topsix line with a cumulative 6goals scored all season.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:45 PM
  #83
Billy Barou
Registered User
 
Billy Barou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Really!?!?!?

You didn't notice that our 5 centers from last game one of them had to play wing? They didn't roll a 5th line in case you thought that was the case. So now RNH goes down we have 4 centers to fill the center position so yes a spot opens up on the wing and coincidentally enough MPS is a winger.

Weird correlation hey.
Zero correlation if you're actually trying to develop a player.

Opens a spot on the wing for Hordichuk.

I'm one of his biggest fans but he needs a lot more work. Let the kid have some consistency and get into a rhythm.

So we bring him back up here to stick him on the 3rd line... what a waste. He was not drafted to be a 3rd line winger! What better place for him to learn to use his size than the AHL?

Billy Barou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
  #84
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Paajarvi Lander Hemsky playing above Smyth and Jones?

That might sound like something(awful) on paper. But how on earth do you justify this elevation in line and minutes in the context of team?

The trouble with configurations like this is they dishonor the contributions of players that would be demoted. Smyth may not be scoring right now but he's still getting in the spots, creating screens, and contributing something in topsix.

That second line would be just strange. Thats a topsix line with a cumulative 6goals scored all season.
I think we very well see those line combinations, but Smyth, Horcoff and Jones would be getting the 2nd line minutes and matching up with the other teams top line.

Horcoff and Smyth play 20+ minutes each because of the PP/Pk time, Jones plays 15 with no PP time, but some pk time.

Lander gets 13 minutes with a bit of Pk time, Paajarvi gets 13 minutes with a bit of PP time, Hemsky gets 17 minutes with lots of PP time

So Paajarvi - Lander - Hemsky would be our #2 scoring line but they wont play the 2nd most minutes out of all the lines in that scenario.

But then again what the heck do I know, besides that Horcoff will lead the team in TOI.

nabob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 10:04 PM
  #85
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
I think we very well see those line combinations, but Smyth, Horcoff and Jones would be getting the 2nd line minutes and matching up with the other teams top line.

Horcoff and Smyth play 20+ minutes each because of the PP/Pk time, Jones plays 15 with no PP time, but some pk time.

Lander gets 13 minutes with a bit of Pk time, Paajarvi gets 13 minutes with a bit of PP time, Hemsky gets 17 minutes with lots of PP time

So Paajarvi - Lander - Hemsky would be our #2 scoring line but they wont play the 2nd most minutes out of all the lines in that scenario.

But then again what the heck do I know, besides that Horcoff will lead the team in TOI.
Yeah, I think you're right.

Drawing up Paajarvi Lander hemsky as the second line is what put me off more than anything. One would think getting Hemsky on a 3rd line and away from checkers might kickstart something.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 11:17 PM
  #86
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I disagree that constantly recalling/assigning him is going to have a negative affect on anything in terms of his development or confidence.

If Nuge is hurt, and Paajarvi is our best player on the farm, then the call-up makes perfect sense to me.
I disagree. Paajarvi has shown that this season that he isn't an NHL ready player. Whether or not he is the best player on OKC is irrelevant. Let the second bet player come rot in the Oilers bottom 6 while Paajarvi continues play big minutes.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:52 AM
  #87
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,610
vCash: 500
I don't like this in the least, kid should be staying down there for now. Unless there's been major improvements in his game since his last recall he should stay in OKC.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:21 AM
  #88
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,261
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Why does Renney insist on angering me again and again? MPS isn't going to get top 6 minutes in Edmonton and he isn't going to develop offensively and that's the only knock we've got on his game.

Even if he was given a top-6 role that means that he'd be on a line with Hemsky and i just don't see them working well together with Hopkins out of the line-up.

SCREW YOU RENNEY.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:13 AM
  #89
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26,151
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Why does Renney insist on angering me again and again? MPS isn't going to get top 6 minutes in Edmonton and he isn't going to develop offensively and that's the only knock we've got on his game.

Even if he was given a top-6 role that means that he'd be on a line with Hemsky and i just don't see them working well together with Hopkins out of the line-up.

SCREW YOU RENNEY.
You want to get made at Renney fine, but keep in mind he isn't the one that finalizes the paperwork for callups. He still has to go through the GM.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:14 AM
  #90
Njoy Oilers
Registered User
 
Njoy Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Alberta.
Posts: 3,340
vCash: 500
I have been pretty quiet regarding Tambo & Renny, when it comes to their future. But, this is starting to make me question my perseverence. The guy DOES NOT need to be up with the big club. This team is grasping at straws if they think he will ever improve by using him as a ping pong ball between the 2 clubs.

While I'm on this rant. Get Sutton back in the lineup for god sake.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
  #91
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
NOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!!!





Jebus Keep Paajarvi's stone hands and soft game far away from these players. Hall complements that line fine.

What would Paajarvi really add to it other than dousing it with stone cold water..
heck keep omark away from paajarvis lack of finish. I am glad omark gets to play with other linemates in ahl now.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
  #92
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
So let's just trade a 20 year old kid for a 3rd round pick then.
Just stop.
isnt that what sens did with filatov, and sens lost the trade.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
  #93
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Whether Prv needs more time in the minors he is our best option down there he is the most responsible defensively of any skater we could call up. Also moving him for a 3rd is nonsense regardless if he ever becomes a top 6 forward I have stated before he can be groomed to become a elite shutdown winger who can chip in here and there, and these types of players are critical to championship teams.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:36 AM
  #94
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Whether Prv needs more time in the minors he is our best option down there he is the most responsible defensively of any skater we could call up. Also moving him for a 3rd is nonsense regardless if he ever becomes a top 6 forward I have stated before he can be groomed to become a elite shutdown winger who can chip in here and there, and these types of players are critical to championship teams.
You see him as a future 3rd liner while I and some others haven't given up hope that he can be a top 6 player. From my point of view we need his offensive confidence to improve before he gets pigeonholed into a 3rd line player.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
  #95
Rawg
CEM
 
Rawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
On a completed related note.. I doubt hordichuk will be resigned.. has anyone noticed him hes like a ghost.. sometimes you catch a glimpse but you cant be sure

Rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
  #96
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
You see him as a future 3rd liner while I and some others haven't given up hope that he can be a top 6 player. From my point of view we need his offensive confidence to improve before he gets pigeonholed into a 3rd line player.
I am not saying he can't be a top 6 but if he continues to show signs he can't, why waste the talents he has how valuable of a player did Guy Carbonneau become after being drafted as a offensive player . I t became eveident he was not going to be that guy in the NHL so they groomed him in a different way utilizing the talents he did have. PRV is going to have a long career in the NHL whether he fills the net or not, and I have been hard on him and right so far about his offensive prowess but his talents as a skater and defensive competent player I have never questioned.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
  #97
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 53,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
I am not saying he can't be a top 6 but if he continues to show signs he can't, why waste the talents he has how valuable of a player did Guy Carbonneau become after being drafted as a offensive player . I t became eveident he was not going to be that guy in the NHL so they groomed him in a different way utilizing the talents he did have. PRV is going to have a long career in the NHL whether he fills the net or not, and I have been hard on him and right so far about his offensive prowess but his talents as a skater and defensive competent player I have never questioned.
My point is that he should be groomed as a top 6 player until he's at least 22 or 23 years of age and then things can be revisited then. That is what he was drafted to be all of 2 1/2 years ago. I don't like him being played in the bottom 6 right now because that does nothing for his confidence offensively.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:22 PM
  #98
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Paajarvi Lander Hemsky playing above Smyth and Jones?

That might sound like something(awful) on paper. But how on earth do you justify this elevation in line and minutes in the context of team?

The trouble with configurations like this is they dishonor the contributions of players that would be demoted. Smyth may not be scoring right now but he's still getting in the spots, creating screens, and contributing something in topsix.

That second line would be just strange. Thats a topsix line with a cumulative 6goals scored all season.
Here ... let me fix things for you:

Smyth-Horcoff-Jones
Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Eager-Belanger-Petrell
Paajarvi-Lander-Hemsky

Ego boost to everyone except Hemsky

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
  #99
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Paajarvi Lander Hemsky playing above Smyth and Jones?

That might sound like something(awful) on paper. But how on earth do you justify this elevation in line and minutes in the context of team?

The trouble with configurations like this is they dishonor the contributions of players that would be demoted. Smyth may not be scoring right now but he's still getting in the spots, creating screens, and contributing something in topsix.

That second line would be just strange. Thats a topsix line with a cumulative 6goals scored all season.
a **** ton of turnovers at both blue lines.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
  #100
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
This team has almost zero backup depth this is why Paajarvi is here again. I really hope he changes his game for the better as I assume he knows what he is doing wrong.

I'm not a Hordichuk fan but understand we have to have this type of player to counter the goons on the other teams.

Tyrolean is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.