Old
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I remember when Mercedes were the fastest in testing last season
You mean Kimi isn't automatically the 2012 WDC now??????

Old
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
Another year of Red Bull domination ahead..
Hope so.

Vettel going for the full season sweep.

Old
02-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujorulesdtown90 View Post
I think the lotus is awesome, maybe it's just because it's my team, haha.
I think the black and gold colour scheme is just blocking your senses.

Atleast it's mildly better looking than Ferrari's.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Finnpin
Jenni V

I'm loving the gold and black colors of Lotus...just like in Senna's Lotus time

As a kid I watched F1 little bit in the 80's but my bigger fanism really started in 1991 when Mika Häkkinen started driving with Lotus and now 20 years later I root Lotus (Kimi) again

though my F1 fanism has ended quite a bit in the last few years...Kimi can only bring back my fanism LOL...I just hope the car is good enough that he can get few podium places this season.

Old
02-08-2012, 03:10 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
You mean Kimi isn't automatically the 2012 WDC now??????
Haha, scrap the season, just give the title to Kimi!

I'll be interested to see how he does though, I doubt Lotus will be jumping ahead of a couple of teams into the top 4 though, unless they take massive leaps.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Finnpin
Jenni V

Quote:
I'll be interested to see how he does though, I doubt Lotus will be jumping ahead of a couple of teams into the top 4 though, unless they take massive leaps.
But they could do it...they have all the tools and if the new car E20 is success who knows... but you never know. Kimi liked the first impression of the car but we'll see more when the pre-season testings goes on.

Biggest challenge for Kimi might be the new tyres...you have to save them and Kimi usually likes to go flatout.

Edit. and this was nice to hear, even it doesn't mean much but still:

Ted Kravitz (Sky Sports F1):
"Kimi says Lotus has pace, his best time today not low fuel run."

Last edited by Finnpin: 02-08-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
Haha, scrap the season, just give the title to Kimi!

They had it in the beginning of the season last year, but that was because they spent it all on developing the car in the off-season, and had no where to turn for in-season advancements (so as the other teams advanced around them, they stayed put). Their radical exhaust also ended up being a novelty which did little more than push water around a wet track.

If they take the same route this year, Kimi could win a GP or 2 but will end up driving the thing off the circuit trying to keep up later on. With at least one better driver in their midst this season, hopefully they will have a more balanced approach.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

First time in 2 years that I'm excited about the F1!

All because of Kimi.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
First time in 2 years that I'm excited about the F1!

All because of Kimi.
I hope he becomes a legitimate threat to get onto the podium. A great comeback story is always welcomed aswell. Schumy has been ok, but has left alot to be desired. He's just driving because he loves it.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
They had it in the beginning of the season last year, but that was because they spent it all on developing the car in the off-season, and had no where to turn for in-season advancements (so as the other teams advanced around them, they stayed put). Their radical exhaust also ended up being a novelty which did little more than push water around a wet track.

If they take the same route this year, Kimi could win a GP or 2 but will end up driving the thing off the circuit trying to keep up later on. With at least one better driver in their midst this season, hopefully they will have a more balanced approach.
I can't see Kimi winning any races this season tbh, maybe a podium or two if he's lucky. they'd have to leap frog Mercedes AND Ferrari at a minimum, even then Ferrari only won 1 race last season and they have a bigger budget + better basis for a car right now I'd say. Not to mention he has been out of F1 for a long time, you don't just walk into a car and find your top speed straight away, but it will be interesting regardless, hell it took Schumi a year just to find a particular competitive speed and he's one of the all time greats, albeit in his 40's.

It takes more then 1 off-season to leap frog teams and Lotus/Renault haven't had a real 'competitive season' since 2008, maybe even earlier then that. Can't see them turning around a horrible car into a Grand Prix winner in one off-season, took Red Bull a long time to establish themselves. Lotus/Renault were right up the top of the test times last season as well. If I was Lotus/Renault I'd be happy just to become a team that almost always places in the top 10 for the coming season.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
I can't see Kimi winning any races this season tbh, maybe a podium or two if he's lucky. they'd have to leap frog Mercedes AND Ferrari at a minimum, even then Ferrari only won 1 race last season and they have a bigger budget + better basis for a car right now I'd say. Not to mention he has been out of F1 for a long time, you don't just walk into a car and find your top speed straight away, but it will be interesting regardless, hell it took Schumi a year just to find a particular competitive speed and he's one of the all time greats, albeit in his 40's.

It takes more then 1 off-season to leap frog teams and Lotus/Renault haven't had a real 'competitive season' since 2008, maybe even earlier then that. Can't see them turning around a horrible car into a Grand Prix winner in one off-season, took Red Bull a long time to establish themselves. Lotus/Renault were right up the top of the test times last season as well. If I was Lotus/Renault I'd be happy just to become a team that almost always places in the top 10 for the coming season.
Actually sounds like Ferrari might be attainable as they're struggling: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97453 (granted it's very early, but if they're admitting to it at this point...)

I was just looking at their podiums early on last season as evidence for a potential GP winner from Kimi early this season, but certainly never thought of them as title contenders or anything.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Actually sounds like Ferrari might be attainable as they're struggling: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97453 (granted it's very early, but if they're admitting to it at this point...)

I was just looking at their podiums early on last season as evidence for a potential GP winner from Kimi early this season, but certainly never thought of them as title contenders or anything.
One podium would be a good achievement for Lotus this season, I'd be pretty surprised if they even manage one this season. There is a pretty big gap between 'the big 4' and the rest, I think even Lotus were surprised at their podiums last season.

And tbh outside of the first 2 races, which they were still miles off the lead pace, they haven't shown enough to indicate a potential GP winner, this could change of course. But I don't even think Mercedes are capable of a GP win for the coming season and they are ahead of Lotus at this point, but first race shall be interesting to see, would be a big achievement for Lotus to leapfrog into the big 4.

They remind me of Mercedes after their first season, got a few podiums and people thought perhaps they'd push on for some GP wins, but the car took a step back last season.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:53 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:

By Ferrari's standards, "struggling" means simply not having the fastest car on the track. I'll bet my life Lotus wont even be close to them, nor likely will Mercedes.

McLaren were saying the exact same things last season.

Old
02-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Finnpin
Jenni V

Lotus engineers said they get better feedback from Kimi about the motor than Kubica gave. I've heard so much media writing BS about Kimi in that department also.

Lotus improved their car and Grossjean did great one lap time and they are getting praise of their speed. There is new rules on the table and Lotus seems to be adjusting well in the beginning but other teams will improve.

There is still too much question marks but the waiting for Australia is heating up for sure.

.................................................. ...............................................

Grosjean says Lotus E20 a good car but stays cautious about its pace
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97483

Alonso expects Ferrari beeing better in Barcelona:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97481

Old
02-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Everlong
-

A quick run down of pirelli tires available for this year.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:36 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Old
02-16-2012, 10:19 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Will Buxton, pitlane reporter for SpeedTV in America, tweeted a bunch of cryptic messages about something big... Sent a pic from what looked like an FIA board room in France...will know more tomorrow morning. Very strange.

willbuxton: So then folks watch the news feeds in about 9 hours. Expecting something big.
willbuxton: Actually make it 10 hours. News sure to filter through.
willbuxton: #OutWithTheOld&InWithTheNew(ish)

Old
02-17-2012, 01:47 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Bernie leaving and one of his floozy's taking over?

Old
02-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Cujorulesdtown9
Wearing Clown Shoes

From HERE:

Quote:
The Caterham Formula One team dropped Italian Jarno Trulli on Friday and replaced him with Russian driver Vitaly Petrov.
Happy to see him get another shot!

Old
02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Finnpin
Jenni V

what Russian sponsor Petrov got with him?

Old
02-18-2012, 03:23 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujorulesdtown90 View Post
From HERE:

Happy to see him get another shot!
Hopefully he can go more then 2 races in a row without crashing into someone this time

Old
02-20-2012, 09:40 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Old
02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Lotus in trouble, pulled out of testing for this week due to "chassis problem"

Analysis: Engine mount to blame for Lotus's chassis problems?: