HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

OT: Michel Therrien goes BALLISTIC on Pens...

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 08:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Pens respond by losing 6-1 to Columbus

Old
01-11-2006, 09:43 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Pens respond by losing 6-1 to Columbus

Old
01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Mindcircus

I was a big Penguins fan growing up and still am so i feel sorry for the season they are having. Their play is awful. I actually saw the game against Edmonton at my friend's house who has Center Ice. They were getting manhandled. Lots of trash talking back and forth and Edmonton was the only team backing it up.

Close up those legs Fleury.

Old
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
ILuvLA

Fleury also needs to lose those bright yellow pads.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Fleury also needs to lose those bright yellow pads.
Pretty ugly and cool at the same time.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I dont think it'd matter who they had in goal with the swiss cheese playing in front of him.

Everyone knew it at the beginning of the year, except maybe a few of the Pens fans, that the team had no defense. Oh well.

Craig Patrick and MOC could definately write the textbook, "How to not build an NHL franchise in the salary cap era."

Old
01-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Craig Patrick and MOC could definately write the textbook, "How to not build an NHL franchise in the salary cap era."
It could be the companion volume to the Rangers' "How to not build an NHL franchise in the free market era" textbook of a few years ago .

Old
01-12-2006, 10:00 AM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Mad Mike could write the preface for both editions.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:11 AM
roenick66

Was watching the TSN broadcast (MTL vs. COL) last night on Center Ice and between periods back in the studio James Duthie, Darren Pang and Glenn Healy were talking full scale revolt with the Pens. One of them said that he heard a rumor that the players were talking amongst themselves in the dressing room about not taking what Therrien even said to heart. One-half one way and one-half the other. What a mess. I would expect guys to start being shipped out very soon. I would doubt they get any takers on Gonchar, LeClair or Recchi due to their deals.

Additionally they speculated if the Therrien tirade was instigated by Mario as a "kick some tail" kind of action requested by the owner. Interesting times in Pittsburgh right now. What a mess for Sid the Kid. I hope he doesn't get physically hurt by this mess right now (I mean no one standing up for him).

Going into this season you had to know that one of two things was going to happen in Pittsburgh. They were either going to take off and play like a contender from the start or they were going to go in the tank due to retirement contracts given to the likes of Gonchar, LeClair and Recchi. Too bad really as the Pens fans and city of Pittsburgh deserve better. So does Mario as I would bet he won't be back next season.

Old
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by roenick66
They were either going to take off and play like a contender from the start or they were going to go in the tank due to retirement contracts given to the likes of Gonchar, LeClair and Recchi. .
Don't forget our good friend Palffy. His contract was meant to be his last one too.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
If the price was right (i.e. VERY LOW) I would love to see any or all of those three players get moved to a team that still had an 05-06 pulse.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
If the price was right (i.e. VERY LOW) I would love to see any or all of those three players get moved to a team that still had an 05-06 pulse.
I wouldn't mind seeing one of those guys come to LA for a Roenick type deal.....ie Gonchar and a 2nd round pick to LA for future considerations.......heck I might even throw in Corvo or Dempsey.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:59 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I wouldn't mind seeing one of those guys come to LA for a Roenick type deal.....ie Gonchar and a 2nd round pick to LA for future considerations.......heck I might even throw in Corvo or Dempsey.

don't expect the Penguins to be THAT stupid. Their draft picks are their aces...

Old
01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
don't expect the Penguins to be THAT stupid. Their draft picks are their aces...
I really don't expect that they would do that deal. But sometimes when teams are desperate they become more willing to give up their aces. And right now Pittsburgh is looking pretty desperate. They were supposedly going to lose $7 million if they made the 2nd round of the playoffs. What will their projected loss be without making the playoffs?

Old
01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
swinginutter*

I've seen Gonchar talk on this board and in no way would I want him. He's one of the worst under achievers this year, and now that he has his contract he'll be a joke for the next two. If you can't bury with all that fire power in Pitt, what makes you think it would change here.
As for feeling sorry for Sid.........**** him. He's digging his own grave with his attitude. Funny how we're concerned about some ****** in Pitt, but our players have been getting abused for years now. Ziggy standing up for himself against Domi is a perfect example.
I thought Kovalchuk and himself were just having some friendly competition. Why is pointing at someone so UPC. Cherry bashes Crosby, then he follows with the guy needs protection......make up your mind!
Quite frankly...........I don't want anybody from Pittsburgh.......they'd probaly jinx this club.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I've seen Gonchar talk on this board and in no way would I want him. He's one of the worst under achievers this year, and now that he has his contract he'll be a joke for the next two. If you can't bury with all that fire power in Pitt, what makes you think it would change here.
As for feeling sorry for Sid.........**** him. He's digging his own grave with his attitude. Funny how we're concerned about some ****** in Pitt, but our players have been getting abused for years now. Ziggy standing up for himself against Domi is a perfect example.
I thought Kovalchuk and himself were just having some friendly competition. Why is pointing at someone so UPC. Cherry bashes Crosby, then he follows with the guy needs protection......make up your mind!
Quite frankly...........I don't want anybody from Pittsburgh.......they'd probaly jinx this club.
I respect your opinions.....even though I do not agree with these ones in particular it is still fun to speculate.

I honestly believe that in LA with Norstrom, Visnovsky, Miller and Gleason as his fellow blueliners that Gonchar could actually do very well. I think he is expected to be the "guy" in Pittsburgh which is part of the reason why he is struggling. He needs a better supporting cast. LA could provide that for him.

But that is just my opinion.

Old
01-12-2006, 04:14 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I respect your opinions.....even though I do not agree with these ones in particular it is still fun to speculate.

I honestly believe that in LA with Norstrom, Visnovsky, Miller and Gleason as his fellow blueliners that Gonchar could actually do very well. I think he is expected to be the "guy" in Pittsburgh which is part of the reason why he is struggling. He needs a better supporting cast. LA could provide that for him.

But that is just my opinion.
I gotta disagree with that. At 3.5M no way in hell I'd want that guy in LA.

How many years is his deal for?

Like I've said before: "I wouldn't even want that guy for future considerations." Even in that deal LA would be getting screwed.

Old
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Pens signed Gonchar to a 5-year, $25 million deal. Horrible signing, and Taylor would have to be mental to commit over $20M to Gonchar over the next 4 seasons (seeing how Gonchar is only getting $3.5M out of the $25M this season).

Gonchar would be a good fit in your NHL 2K6 season, but at that price, he wouldn't be a good fit on the Kings.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:01 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
The Pens signed Gonchar to a 5-year, $25 million deal.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I wouldn't want anyone from the Pens outside of MAYBE Whitney. Odelein could be a nice addition for the playoffs.

Closed Thread