HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators vs Blues Brothers | 7:30 EST | SNET

Old
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
Our forwards are so streaky Anderson HAS to play like a god in every game, pressure finally getting to him? Milan havent scored since Jan 12th and Spezza got his first point in 7.

I agree some callups are due to try and inject some energy.. if this is a learning year we might aswell.

Mark Effin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Our forwards are so streaky Anderson HAS to play like a god in every game, pressure finally getting to him? Milan havent scored since Jan 12th and Spezza got his first point in 7.

I agree some callups are due to try and inject some energy.. if this is a learning year we might aswell.
I don't think it's the pressure, he had to deal with that in Colorado the year he carried them into the playoffs. I think it's mental fatigue. 18 games in a row is too much for any goaltender, even the best of the best. Lundqvist and Quick both can play easier knowing that they have Biron and Bernier ready to cover for them on the nights that they aren't "feeling it". In Ottawa, we have Alex Auld - who I think everyone on the team including the staff thinks should never start a game. Anderson has to mentally prep himself for every practice and every game night knowing that he has to play at 100% to give the team a chance. That wears a guy down.

I really wish we had signed Mathieu Garon instead of Auld.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

On the positive side of things, I thought we had some great 4th line shifts last night. That's been missing for awhile. K-Daug actually showed up.

Spezza was everywhere and played well but he's missing high and wide so often...

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Bluesfan78
Rookie User

Blues/Sens game 2/7

This is an honest question and not meaning to flame anyone.

Why is it any team the Blues beat the fans complain about the Blues playing the trap. Read it again last night from Sens fans, I could understand the complaints if the Blues actually played the trap which they don't.

The Blues play a 2-2-1 with one low forechecker and one high forechecker this isn't a trap.

I understand Hitchcock used the trap in Dallas, but that doesn't mean all his teams are trapping teams.

As a side note I also read Sens fans giving praise to how good of a defensive team the Blues were, in St Louis we were all complaining about how poorly we were playing defensively as that game until the 3rd period was one of our worst defensive games in of the year.

Bluesfan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Indrew

A 2-2-1 can turn into a 0-5-0 in 1 stride. Stop ruining hockey!

:sarcasmo:

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Bluesfan78
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
A 2-2-1 can turn into a 0-5-0 in 1 stride. Stop ruining hockey!

:sarcasmo:
The low forechecker better have long legs to get back in one stride!

Bluesfan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Indrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesfan78 View Post
The low forechecker better have long legs to get back in one stride!
David Backes is a beast. Actually he is a centre, right? Wait. I dunno. Did Chris Stewart play last night? Bacon!

Old
02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesfan78 View Post
This is an honest question and not meaning to flame anyone.

Why is it any team the Blues beat the fans complain about the Blues playing the trap. Read it again last night from Sens fans, I could understand the complaints if the Blues actually played the trap which they don't.

The Blues play a 2-2-1 with one low forechecker and one high forechecker this isn't a trap.

I understand Hitchcock used the trap in Dallas, but that doesn't mean all his teams are trapping teams.

As a side note I also read Sens fans giving praise to how good of a defensive team the Blues were, in St Louis we were all complaining about how poorly we were playing defensively as that game until the 3rd period was one of our worst defensive games in of the year.
I didn't comment or complain but the Blues did play the trap for a good bit. But you guys had the lead so you do what you got to do to keep it.

02-08-2012, 02:03 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Just because a team isn't playing a 1-1-2 or a 1-3-1, does not mean they aren't playing a trap. Any defensive system in which the primary goal is to create turnovers and counter-attack while forcing teams to dump the puck in is a trap. That's what the Blues were doing.

I'm not sure why people get angry when people say their teams trap anyways. The Senators played the 1-1-3 trap when they regularly dominating teams during the Martin and Murray coaching eras, and they scored tons of goals.

The Devils at the height of their 1-2-2 were scoring in bunches too.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Indrew

Hell, the Bruins don't leave the neutral zone and they are one of the highest scoring teams. Too lazy to check how high.