HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Svatos

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Svatos

Wow what a player. The Habs are stuck with additions like higgins and bonk
Kots is showing flashes. He reminds me a lil of Bobby Hull

Old
01-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Roy G Biv*

He reminds me of who I thought Richard Zednik would be...

Old
01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Shred

Took Svatos in my pool and was pleasantly surprised of how he was performing... now I know why.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Habs13

Liles + Svatos + Tanguay

for

Theodore + Ribeiro + Zednik + Dandenault + Bonk + the zamboni driver! (I think I'm going to start blaming bad ice?!?!)

Old
01-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Jo

Svatos is really a young Milan Hedjuk in my mind. He was rafted by Colorado in 2001 (7/227). This is insance Pierre Lacrois always find the late gem or maybe the coach give quality playing time to their young gun, while Julien give playing time to Bonk and sundstrom. Julie is the worst Coach ive ever seen !!!!

Old
01-12-2006, 10:38 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
Wow what a player. The Habs are stuck with additions like higgins and bonk
Kots is showing flashes. He reminds me a lil of Bobby Hull

Svatos cannot in any shape or form be compared with Higgins and Bonk.

I'm very impressed with Higgin's play this season and I'm very optomistic that he'll end up being an important part of our team in the future

Old
01-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
He reminds me of who I thought Richard Zednik would be...
And he reminds me of who Josef Balej was suppose to become.....

Old
01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Svatos cannot in any shape or form be compared with Higgins and Bonk.

I'm very impressed with Higgin's play this season and I'm very optomistic that he'll end up being an important part of our team in the future
If Chris "I can't buy a goal" Higgins becomes a very important part of this team in the future, it means future is gonna be loooongggg...

Old
01-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
If Chris "I can't buy a goal" Higgins becomes a very important part of this team in the future, it means future is gonna be loooongggg...
What a pathetic declaration that is. Higgins is a rookie for gods sake. The simple fact he gets regular shifts is pretty damn good.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:16 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
One word comes to mind... I won't say it, cuz it wouldnt be appropriate in case theres kids or something.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
What a pathetic declaration that is. Higgins is a rookie for gods sake. The simple fact he gets regular shifts is pretty damn good.

I love to share opinions with you
You are my best friend
Seriously.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

We have a rookie who play a similar game as Svatos. His name is Perezhogin.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Quagmier

Quote:
im pretty sure anyone who cant see the value of chris higgins to a hockey team probably has never played organized hockey in their lives.

Higgins is (or will be) the type of guy that other players love to have on their team. he has character, defensive smarts, battles hard along the boards has speed and is not afraid to get his nose dirty or grind a little extra.

The most respected players on my teams growing up were not always the top scorers, but most of the time the guys with limited talent (not that higgins has that) that would kill themselves to help the team. You can never have enough Begins or Higgins'.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe
We have a rookie who play a similar game as Svatos. His name is Perezhogin.
You did not just compare Perezhogin to Svatos...You couldn't possibly overrate Perez THAT BAD. It's basicaly like comparing Theodore to Roy.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
You did not just compare Perezhogin to Svatos...You couldn't possibly overrate Perez THAT BAD. It's basicaly like comparing Theodore to Roy.
I compared their game. I'm not saying that one is better than the other. Saying that goalie X has a butterfly similar to Roy doesn't mean that goalie X is as good as Roy.

Both Perezhogin and Svatos (from what i've seen from him, mind you) definitively have strong similitudes. Both seem to excel when they use their strong acceleration and anticipation to create scoring chance. Looking at Svatos yesterday definitively reminded me of Perezhogin in the begining of the season.

For many players (especially rookies!), the difference is in the consistency. Perezhogin isn't consistent.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe
I compared their game. I'm not saying that one is better than the other. Saying that goalie X has a butterfly similar to Roy doesn't mean that goalie X is as good as Roy.

Both Perezhogin and Svatos (from what i've seen from him, mind you) definitively have strong similitudes. Both seem to excel when they use their strong acceleration and anticipation to create scoring chance. Looking at Svatos yesterday definitively reminded me of Perezhogin in the begining of the season.

For many players (especially rookies!), the difference is in the consistency. Perezhogin isn't consistent.
They have similar games however, Svatos has is offensively smarter, faster and has better hands. Perez is still a good prospect mind you, but Svatos is a real shocker and I can't wait to see what his career will lead to.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier
im pretty sure anyone who cant see the value of chris higgins to a hockey team probably has never played organized hockey in their lives.

Higgins is (or will be) the type of guy that other players love to have on their team. he has character, defensive smarts, battles hard along the boards has speed and is not afraid to get his nose dirty or grind a little extra.

The most respected players on my teams growing up were not always the top scorers, but most of the time the guys with limited talent (not that higgins has that) that would kill themselves to help the team. You can never have enough Begins or Higgins'.
All right smart boy,

But the thing is we have no top scorers...

And we won't win with good intentions...

Old
01-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
They have similar games however, Svatos has is offensively smarter, faster and has better hands. Perez is still a good prospect mind you, but Svatos is a real shocker and I can't wait to see what his career will lead to.
Are you saying this only because of his current season?

Before this year, I don't know if many people would have pegged Svatos as a calder candidate. He really came from nowhere. Didn't do much in the AHL last year. Wasn't even a scoring threat in the junior.

Also, how complete is he as a player? Stats don't tell the whole story, but 26 14 40 raise questions, especially if he plays with linemates who have no problems finishing. Is he a one-trick pony who will disapear as soon as the opposite teams begin to know him and adapt? In the game during the habs, his scoring chances were almost always provoqued the same way.

I'm not trying to put him down. I would love to have him in our club. But I wouldn't say flat out that he's better than Perezhogin just because he happens to have a good season for the first time in his life.

Old
01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
All right smart boy,

But the thing is we have no top scorers...

And we won't win with good intentions...

Perezhogin and Kostitsyn both have the potential to be gig time scorer in this league. Svatos took a couple of years to be where he is right now, so our prospect might need time too. And we might have a couple of gems like Svatos in our system...Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikael Grabovski come to my mind...

Old
01-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Live Forever

Yes Perez and Kosty have the potential of becoming big time scorers, but they need to be surrounded by good players in order for them to develope into those big time scorers that you speak of. They do not have the natural ability like Ovechkin where he can pocket 50 plus goals by the end of season with playing with absolutely nobody. Especially in the defensive system that Montreal is used to playing, it will be tough for a rookie is put up consistent numbers unless the team as a whole is playing well or he is surrounded by another player that is feeding him the pucks none stop...We don't have a Sakic, a Hedjuk or a Rob Blake on our 3rd anr 4th line, because let's face it those are the only lines our rookies have been playing on.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:04 PM
knight44

Um svatos isnt really playing with players that can finish before Turgeon was injured he play with Turgeon and May, but since both are injured he plays with Richardson(rookie) and Lappierre/Laaksonen, Yeah sometimes Tanguay plays on that line but hardly ever. Svatos does get some PP time with Sakic but thats about it, Svatos only plays 13 min a game, he leads the west in goals and he also tied the rookie record for most Game winners. To say this guy is just having a good season is a under statement. Svatos himself said that he had a bad AHL season last year, from what i see he is learning off his mistakes last year and learning off the leaders in the locker room to show that he is a amazing player. He needs to get more assist but that wont happen till Turgeon is back because Richardson or Lappy/Laksonen wont get much goals for him to get assists off of.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

THere will always be crybabies who complain that the Chris Higgins types on the Habs don't score 40 goals a season. I'm not in a position to change their badly soiled diapers, which reek even over the Internet, but I can offer them a pacifier by pointing out that the scouts never expected Higgins to score 40 when he was drafted. (By the way, neither was Chipchura.) He has many fine qualities and is developing quite nicely and his presence on a line with brats like Ribeiro help keep that brat's +/- from plummeting to a number approaching absolute zero. He has had to do all the forechecking and backchecking that Ribeiro is too timid and too conceited and too slow to do for himself. He looked very good on the line with Koivu and Ryder in the Avs game, for instance, and he has been getting scoring chances--more than Kostitsyn, for example.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:22 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Not as ridiculous as comparing Svatos to a HHOFer.

Closed Thread