HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Finnish Top Prospects ( In Future)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
  #651
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
This guy has received next to nothing in hype, yet he's a 95 (2013 eligible) and has 7+13=20 in 25 games with Ilves jr. A. Any other year I'm sure eyebrows would be raising but with so many 95's he's been going under the radar for a while now. He also has decent size at 6'0 176, unlike many in his age group.

What type of a game does Antonen play, and is he someone to look out for concerning 2013 draft?
I’d like to see Joose Antonen more, but from what I’ve seen he has average speed and not much urgency or physicality in his game. He’s occasionally having some trouble getting efficiently involved with the game. Might not be the strongest guy on his feet. I think he’s 6’1’’ tall. He has a fairly good shot and hands, good hand-eye-coordination. Some good passes and play-making, but also a decent number of poor decisions with the puck. He has talent (and potential), but I'm left with a feeling that he needs to improve a lot. Like with Mäkinen, next season should tell more.

Tormentor is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
  #652
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500

Tormentor is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
  #653
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
Jyrki Jokipakka

Jyrki Jokipakka seems to be starting to produce offensively swell as of late. In the last 10 games he is 3+3=6 (11. 4+3=7 if you count tonights match that is not finished yet). I haven't had the chance to see many Ilves games this season.

some questions:

1. Does he have NHL potential?
2. How much has he progressed from last year?
3. What type of player is he?
4. Strengths/weaknesses?

YARR123 is offline  
Old
02-02-2012, 01:09 PM
  #654
MBhockey1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hockey rinks
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Hello,

I would like to know who are the top 1997 born players in Finland? I see that here has been some talk about players like Aleksi Saarela and Julius Nättinen, but who else would be worth of watching? It´s early as these players are very young and I haven´t seen many players as I follow mostly teams and players that compete on the higher levels.

Also, I would like to hear something on these two players: defenseman Jere Astren (1995) and forward Roope Kuhakoski (1995). From what I have seen, Astren is a good skater and is smart with the puck. Kuhakoski is a huge forward (6´4) who hits hard and has some puck skills. He is a good team player and can play on the PP in front of the net. I have seen both with HIFK B a few times this season and apparently both have played with Finland U17 team as well.

Any information would be great.

MBhockey1 is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:34 PM
  #655
ToBBa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
A goal for 1995-born Artturi Lehkonen !

ToBBa is offline  
Old
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
  #656
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBBa View Post
A goal for 1995-born Artturi Lehkonen !


God, he looks young.

Haite is online now  
Old
02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
  #657
DrMultihunter
Immoneh
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Egypt
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Artturi Lehkonen first Sm-liiga goal!


DrMultihunter is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
  #658
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMan88 View Post
Hello,

I would like to know who are the top 1997 born players in Finland? I see that here has been some talk about players like Aleksi Saarela and Julius Nättinen, but who else would be worth of watching? It´s early as these players are very young and I haven´t seen many players as I follow mostly teams and players that compete on the higher levels.
I have briefly seen the forwards that are doing well statistically (Saarela, Nättinen, Aho, Tammela, Ruotsalainen, Palmu and Niemelä), but overall I haven't paid that much attention to this age group yet. Veeti Vainio might be the most interesting defenseman that I've seen so far. He's a silky smooth skater and could develop into a good one if he gains some courage and self-confidence to his game.

Pohjola camp for the 97's will be held in 3 weeks, here's the list of invitees. It seems that the top scorers from Jr.C SM-sarja and I-divisioona were all invited apart from one forward (Salmela from KJT).

97's in Jr.C SM-sarja
1. F - Aleksi Saarela (Lukko) 23gp 25g+29a=54p
2. F - Arttu Ruotsalainen (Kärpät) 25gp 21g+31p=52p
3. F - Sebastian Aho (Kärpät) 23gp 18g+27a=45p
4. F - Julius Nättinen (JYP) 17gp 21g+23a=44p
5. F - Joonas Niemelä (Blues) 23gp 12g+16a=28p
6. F - Joni Tuominen (Ilves) 20gp 7g+10a=17p
7. F - Julius Mattila (Ilves) 19gp 3g+14a=17p
8. D - Jarkko Parikka (SaiPa/Ketterä) 26gp 4g+11a=15p
9. D - Veeti Vainio (Blues) 22gp 3g+11a=14p
10. F - Sami Tamminen (KooKoo) 22gp 3g+10a=13p
11. F - Panu Linna (JYP) 24gp 6g+6a=12p
12. F - Niko Peltonen (Lukko) 23gp 5g+7a=12p
13. F - Otto Rehelmä (Lukko) 15gp 4g+8a=12p
14. D - Jesper Mattila (Ilves) 24gp 1g+9a=10p
15. D - Ville Järvinen (Ilves) 23gp 1g+8a=9p
16. D - Atte Töyry (JYP) 17gp 2g+6a=8p
17. F - Aleksi Sinkkonen (KooKoo) 19gp 1g+7a=8p
18. F - Niki Koskinen (KooKoo) 10gp 2g+5a=7p
19. D - Niklas Murto (Lukko) 19gp 2g+4a=6p
20. D - Otto Saarimaa (Blues) 20gp 0g+5a=5p

Goalies with at least 10 games:
1. GK - Lasse Likola (JYP) 13gp 3.99gaa 89.09s%
2. GK - Nico Viksten (Ilves) 13gp 4.67gaa 88.60s%
3. GK - Arttu Kulmala (Tappara) 10gp 4.81gaa 87.12s%


97's in Jr.C I-divisioona
1. F - Jonne Tammela (YJK/JHT) 17gp 31g+30a=61p
2. F - Petrus Palmu (Jokipojat) 19gp 25g+20a=45p
3. F - Mikael Huhtala (Pelicans) 22gp 18g+18a=36p
4. F - Niko Lönnroos (HIFK) 15gp 16g+17a=33p
5. F - Aaro Löyttymäki (TPS) 17gp 6g+13a=19p
6. F - Topi Piipponen (KalPa) 16gp 8g+9a=17p
7. F - Henri Salmela (KJT) 20gp 6g+11a=17p
8. D - Akseli Kalliainen (RoKi) 18gp 6g+10a=16p
9. F - Niko Happo (GrIFK) 17gp 3g+12a=15p
10. D - Vili Saarijärvi (RoKi) 20gp 4g+9a=13p

Goalies with at least 10 games:
1. GK - Severi Kinnunen (KalPa) 10gp 4.75gaa 89.80s%
2. GK - Karolus Kaarlehto (TuTo) 14gp 6.71gaa 87.72s%

Tormentor is offline  
Old
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
  #659
Needles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post

97's in Jr.C SM-sarja
1. F - Aleksi Saarela (Lukko) 23gp 25g+29a=54p
2. F - Arttu Ruotsalainen (Kärpät) 25gp 21g+31p=52p
3. F - Sebastian Aho (Kärpät) 23gp 18g+27a=45p
4. F - Julius Nättinen (JYP) 17gp 21g+23a=44p
5. F - Joonas Niemelä (Blues) 23gp 12g+16a=28p
6. F - Joni Tuominen (Ilves) 20gp 7g+10a=17p
7. F - Julius Mattila (Ilves) 19gp 3g+14a=17p
8. D - Jarkko Parikka (SaiPa/Ketterä) 26gp 4g+11a=15p
9. D - Veeti Vainio (Blues) 22gp 3g+11a=14p
10. F - Sami Tamminen (KooKoo) 22gp 3g+10a=13p
11. F - Panu Linna (JYP) 24gp 6g+6a=12p
12. F - Niko Peltonen (Lukko) 23gp 5g+7a=12p
13. F - Otto Rehelmä (Lukko) 15gp 4g+8a=12p

14. D - Jesper Mattila (Ilves) 24gp 1g+9a=10p
15. D - Ville Järvinen (Ilves) 23gp 1g+8a=9p
16. D - Atte Töyry (JYP) 17gp 2g+6a=8p
17. F - Aleksi Sinkkonen (KooKoo) 19gp 1g+7a=8p
18. F - Niki Koskinen (KooKoo) 10gp 2g+5a=7p
19. D - Niklas Murto (Lukko) 19gp 2g+4a=6p
20. D - Otto Saarimaa (Blues) 20gp 0g+5a=5p
Saarela's stats are pretty impressive. He has only one teammate among league's top20 in scoring + Lukko is one of the weakest teams in the league.

Needles is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
  #660
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Saarela's stats are pretty impressive. He has only one teammate among league's top20 in scoring + Lukko is one of the weakest teams in the league.
Nättinen's situation is fairly similar with Saarela, a little comparison:

Saarela has played 23 games and has scored 54 points, it means that his points per game average is 2,348. In those 23 games his team has scored 97 goals, therefore he has been directly involved with 55,67 percent of his team's goals.

Nättinen has played 17 games and has scored 44 points, it means that his points per game average is 2,588. In those 17 games his team has scored 69 goals, therefore he has been directly involved with 63,77 percent of his team's goals.

Tormentor is offline  
Old
02-07-2012, 11:06 PM
  #661
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,172
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post


God, he looks young.
Looks half his age.

Juzmo is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:52 AM
  #662
goodoldhockeygame
Registered User
 
goodoldhockeygame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 162
vCash: 300
Why is ullberg ranked only as the 3rd finnish goalie in the draft list? Are Auren and Korpisalo really better?

goodoldhockeygame is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 06:56 AM
  #663
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
The rankings take potential into account, Auren and Korpisalo are both a year younger than Ullberg, so maybe that's why.

YARR123 is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 02:39 PM
  #664
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassse34 View Post
Why is ullberg ranked only as the 3rd finnish goalie in the draft list? Are Auren and Korpisalo really better?
I’m not good with goalies, but to me Korpisalo seems like a fairly promising goalie prospect; he’s flexible, competitive and vocal. His stance looks nice, almost “pro” like, plus his bloodlines definitely won’t hurt his draft chances. He needs to work on his skills and start stopping the puck more consistently, but the desired upside is probably there. I would have him above Ullberg at the moment. Ullberg versus Auren is a tougher nut to crack, at least for me, but I would probably go with Ullberg at this point. Nevertheless it’s difficult to say how much Ullberg’s background is going to hurt his draft chances.

Tormentor is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 04:19 AM
  #665
goodoldhockeygame
Registered User
 
goodoldhockeygame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 162
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
I’m not good with goalies, but to me Korpisalo seems like a fairly promising goalie prospect; he’s flexible, competitive and vocal. His stance looks nice, almost “pro” like, plus his bloodlines definitely won’t hurt his draft chances. He needs to work on his skills and start stopping the puck more consistently, but the desired upside is probably there. I would have him above Ullberg at the moment. Ullberg versus Auren is a tougher nut to crack, at least for me, but I would probably go with Ullberg at this point. Nevertheless it’s difficult to say how much Ullberg’s background is going to hurt his draft chances.
Thx! Bud!

goodoldhockeygame is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 04:53 AM
  #666
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 7,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Nättinen's situation is fairly similar with Saarela, a little comparison:

Saarela has played 23 games and has scored 54 points, it means that his points per game average is 2,348. In those 23 games his team has scored 97 goals, therefore he has been directly involved with 55,67 percent of his team's goals.

Nättinen has played 17 games and has scored 44 points, it means that his points per game average is 2,588. In those 17 games his team has scored 69 goals, therefore he has been directly involved with 63,77 percent of his team's goals.
Nattinen's numbers are really impressive (i see they were actually even better after the first 12 games), but if eliteprospects.com listing is correct http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85961 he has to have such a physical advantage over his peers that i wouldn't read too much into his stats, just yet.
80 kilos already also make me suspects he might not grow too much beyond his current 184cms.

Saarela on the other hand, i guess he is dominating on skills only.

helicecopter is online now  
Old
02-09-2012, 05:20 AM
  #667
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,742
vCash: 500
I saw Korpisalo in a A-SM game and he looked HUGE. He has definitely grown quite a bit. He has very good stats but I think with his team being so good, they don't give up a lot of shots and that's not necessarily a good thing stat-wise for the goalie.

ChadS is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 09:24 AM
  #668
RKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
Nattinen's numbers are really impressive (i see they were actually even better after the first 12 games), but if eliteprospects.com listing is correct http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85961 he has to have such a physical advantage over his peers that i wouldn't read too much into his stats, just yet.
80 kilos already also make me suspects he might not grow too much beyond his current 184cms.

Saarela on the other hand, i guess he is dominating on skills only.
Size doesn't score you any goals. It's ridiculous to say he's dominating just because of his size. Yes, it's an advantage, but you don't put up that kind of huge numbers against competition older than yourself if you're not an exceptionally talented player. He has 5 points in 9 games in B-SM, probably isn't scoring against players up to 3 older than himself because of his size?

RKC is offline  
Old
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
  #669
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 7,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
Size doesn't score you any goals. It's ridiculous to say he's dominating just because of his size. Yes, it's an advantage, but you don't put up that kind of huge numbers against competition older than yourself if you're not an exceptionally talented player. He has 5 points in 9 games in B-SM, probably isn't scoring against players up to 3 older than himself because of his size?
lol is he your brother or just plays for your team? relax..
i didn't say he is doing it just because of his size, but a big size advantage over his peers does help scoring goals and might be a big factor in it.. hopefully that's not the case, or perhaps he grows over 2 metres for 120kilos and keep his size advantage forever

i'm merely saying that Saarela is already doing it against similar bodies, whereas unless Nattinen becomes a giant he will have to adjust moving forward and prove the same effectiveness vs guys his size.
Hopefully he will do just that!

helicecopter is online now  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:55 PM
  #670
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
Nattinen's numbers are really impressive (i see they were actually even better after the first 12 games), but if eliteprospects.com listing is correct http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=85961 he has to have such a physical advantage over his peers that i wouldn't read too much into his stats, just yet.
80 kilos already also make me suspects he might not grow too much beyond his current 184cms.
Nättinen might actually be taller than 184cm already, so reach advantage is definitely playing a part in his game. On the other he doesn’t seem to be outmuscling his opponents that clearly, so perhaps he isn’t like Jesse Joensuu in that regard. Nättinen will probably end up being more of two-way centre forward than something resembling a power forward. His stats are good, but I think he still has plenty to learn about the game and his puck skills require some polishing as well. Will be interesting to see how he develops as a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I saw Korpisalo in a A-SM game and he looked HUGE. He has definitely grown quite a bit.
Korpisalo has grown some height during the last year and his upright stance can make him look quite big in the net, but Ullberg and Henri Kiviaho are bigger than him.

Tormentor is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 04:42 PM
  #671
RKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Does anyone else think that Saarela and maybe Nättinen too could go straight to jr. A next season? They are pretty big guys for their age and already dominating against kids older than themselves, so is it beneficial for them to play another season against kids when they probably could hold their own in Nuorten SM-liiga? Lukko didn't qualify to B-SM and JYP is 11th at the moment, and if I'm not mistaken, only 10 teams play in B-SM next season? I have hard time believing Lukko and JYP would qualify there next year.

RKC is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
  #672
TwoHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
It is quite interesting question with no one correct answer. On the other hand Junior A might be the correct level for players like Saarela but then again the question is what he will gain of it? It requires so much more. I just spoke with one Junior A SM-Liiga coach and he was a bit worried about the level in all. He said that they can hide one '96 player and a few '95 players in the team but when these "youngsters" will be the majority, then it will be a junior team instead of a Junior A Team.

TwoHockey is offline  
Old
02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
  #673
TwoHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Finland Selects '99 will play their 1st game today at Quebec Major PeeWee Tournament, Class AA Elites. This tournament will tell something more about Joni Ikonen, Miro Heiskanen, Urho Vaakanainen and the other possible future prospects. They will play against some heavy competition under pressure, at least Ikonen and Heiskanen were not able to produce last year with '98s but now we'll see again! Hope for the best!

TwoHockey is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 06:30 AM
  #674
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
94 born Henrik Haapala and 95 born Atte Mäkinen will make their SM-liiga debuts today, in Tappara's first line and second D pairing respectively.

Haite is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 07:49 AM
  #675
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
Hakanpää will miss the rest of the season due to knee injury, sucks for him being his break-out season and all.

Haite is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.