HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Best Visiting Fans

Old
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Dodgie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
i hate them all.
Me too.

The BEST visiting fans are the ones who buy a ticket and don't bother to come.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Preds are the best visiting fans when we grace the other 29 arenas. I thought everyone realized this universal truth.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:26 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

The canadian teams fans usually are pretty cool. One exception was after Montreal was in town a couple months ago and this Habs fan was on broadway yelling about how "We" invented hockey, blah blah blah. But normally I enjoy bantering with away fans.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
The canadian teams fans usually are pretty cool. One exception was after Montreal was in town a couple months ago and this Habs fan was on broadway yelling about how "We" invented hockey, blah blah blah. But normally I enjoy bantering with away fans.
Those are the people who just don't realize that Brit soldiers got bored in Canada and invented the game. They usually don't realize that Montreal lost a NHL team in its history. I love watching them argue against reality.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Those are the people who just don't realize that Brit soldiers got bored in Canada and invented the game. They usually don't realize that Montreal lost a NHL team in its history. I love watching them argue against reality.
And we all know what they were using for pucks.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Adz

You know, I got to thinking about fan bases. Again, I think Vancouver and Carolina are tops, but there are others. Even though Dallas is annoying with their "stars" thing, they're pretty good as a whole. Atlanta was a great fanbase. I've been impressed by San Jose, as well. They come to win, but it's always been a fun rivalry between fans, not one out for literal blood.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
God forbid you remind them that in the 30's they needed the Leafs help to keep the Habs a float.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
For what it's worth, I've been to games in five arenas besides Nashville. I've done LA, Anaheim, Florida, St. Louis and Colorado. Mostly non-traditional markets but the only one where I've really had anything that would be called "measurable negativity" was St. Louis. Shocker I know. Anaheim has a few scattered ones but I think that's because we own them and they're annoyed.

With that said I know that the majority of all fans are fine.
When I went to StL to watch a Preds game they weren't actually that bad. I actually became friends with two of them and I have them on FB and everything.

The worst inhospitable thing they did was throw Tums at me after the game when we won in a SO (They were handing out little packets of Tums to everyone at the gates). Aside from that, they weren't that bad. I even traded hats with one of them.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
When I went to StL to watch a Preds game they weren't actually that bad. I actually became friends with two of them and I have them on FB and everything.

The worst inhospitable thing they did was throw Tums at me after the game when we won in a SO (They were handing out little packets of Tums to everyone at the gates). Aside from that, they weren't that bad. I even traded hats with one of them.
I think a lot of the feelings fans are going to have are coincidental based on who they're sitting near, how the game is played, your personality, etc.

For example the Preds are 6-2 in games I've been to on the road so I didn't get much taunting from anyone outside of St. Louis fans just doing it to do it apparently. We won 5-2 in St. Louis when I went. I guess one time I got a little negativity was after game 2 last year in Anaheim when we lost. Some Ducks fans were kinda being d-bags but that's the playoffs I suppose.

Last edited by Drake744: 02-09-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:56 AM
zellthemedic

That, I can agree with. It's purely situational. The game I went to was a 2 - 1 SO, so I suspect that because it was so close they were much more reserved.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote