HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2011-12 season V2.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
C'mon, schultz is never gonna play.
I don't pretend to know the future, but I would say that if he continues to improve then I could see him getting some time in the NHL down the road.

Old
02-06-2012, 06:50 PM
old scotia

LF Andrew Conboy info

I see he has only played 10 games this year. I knew he got injured in training camp. I've googled him but can't seem to find what his status is. Anyone have an update? It's too bad he hasn't playted more games because he improved last year over teh previous year.

Old
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
I see he has only played 10 games this year. I knew he got injured in training camp. I've googled him but can't seem to find what his status is. Anyone have an update? It's too bad he hasn't playted more games because he improved last year over teh previous year.
Conboy got hurt, I believe it's a knee and had surgery. Gone for the season.

Old
02-07-2012, 04:08 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Conboy got hurt, I believe it's a knee and had surgery. Gone for the season.
By this time next year the Bulldogs will resemble the Habs more closely than they have in decades.They will have speed to burn and scoring to match,when the rookie defence catches up they will be a force to contend with.Go Dawgs Go!

Last edited by S Bah: 02-07-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old
02-07-2012, 10:40 AM
beaverBFP

Don't think this has been posted yet but,

dogsplaybyplay Derek Wills
Playing in his first game of the 2011-2012 season, Ryan White scores two goals in the first 10:37 to give @BulldogsAHL a 2-0 lead.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Hopefully he keeps it up so he's called by the weekend.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Tough loss for the Dogs after being up 2-0 at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
He is out for the season.

Old
02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
S Bah

Ryan White doesn't seem to need a conditioning stint,scoring two goals in his first game of the season whether it's AHL or NHL.Go Ryan Go!

Old
02-08-2012, 02:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
damn! put white with DD when he comes up

Old
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
By this time next year the Bulldogs will resemble the Habs more closely than they have in decades.They will have speed to burn and scoring to match,when the rookie defence catches up they will be a force to contend with.Go Dawgs Go!
That's true should be exciting but the rest of this year is going to be painful. The Habs will no doubt be sellers and that means in addition to the Leblanc and Palushaj, I can see Enqvist and maybe St. Denis going up as well. That mean's they will have trouble being respectable. Watched their last three games and they are not very good. I think there are only three players in the + side of the ledger for the year. Oh well development hockey at it's best.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Beakermania*

The Dogs will get a serious talent infusion, but the AHL has never been a league where teams win with a bunch of AHL rookies.

Playing time for the new players will be good for their development, but don't expect them to make the Bulldogs into a great team.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:42 PM
penopekoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
The Dogs will get a serious talent infusion, but the AHL has never been a league where teams win with a bunch of AHL rookies.

Playing time for the new players will be good for their development, but don't expect them to make the Bulldogs into a great team.
I agree here completely. I think this is being overlooked. If management can add a successful vet or two to the Dogs roster, then that will be of help. If not, I don't expect the team to dominate per se, although it will be a great opportunity for the incoming players to get professional ice time.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo View Post
I agree here completely. I think this is being overlooked. If management can add a successful vet or two to the Dogs roster, then that will be of help. If not, I don't expect the team to dominate per se, although it will be a great opportunity for the incoming players to get professional ice time.
partly why I would have been happy with taking a waiver flyer on Stewart...

if he had worked out as a 4th liner with the big team, great

if not, he'd have been a very good player to have as a first line "veteran" player in the AHL.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Sumoki Dachiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

if not, he'd have been a very good player to have as a first line "veteran" player in the AHL.

While he could hypothetically provide scoring depth at the AHL level, I wouldn't consider Stewart to be the kind of 'Veteran' Pro you want showing the ropes to the kids down on the farm. Just lacks the character and discipline (to conditioning etc.) you'd want in that role. Unless the Habs want to groom the next crop developmental disasters like 'Hollywood' Hainsey or Latendresse*.

*This is not a knock on the Dogs/Habs past or current development; it is more a critique of the players named.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I think we can better fill that open contract with an NCAA FA.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
That's true should be exciting but the rest of this year is going to be painful. The Habs will no doubt be sellers and that means in addition to the Leblanc and Palushaj, I can see Enqvist and maybe St. Denis going up as well. That mean's they will have trouble being respectable. Watched their last three games and they are not very good. I think there are only three players in the + side of the ledger for the year. Oh well development hockey at it's best.
Perhaps, we'll have to see how things shake out, but they can also add players. I'll be keeping an eye out for Danny Kristo as North Dakota has not looked very good this year so unless they go far in the playoffs their season could be over in a couple weeks. If Gallagher's team doesn't last long in the playoffs they can add him as well.

Quote:

Unlikely they would send down a waiver pickup since the team that waived him can take him back if you try to send him down.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:58 AM
S Bah

While it's true the Bulldogs will be in tough with AHL teams until they have enough experience.Once they reach that point their talent will start to put distance between the teams that use bully tactics and them.I expect the Bulldogs to win the Calder Cup in two years,three at the most.Their defence should be outstanding by AHL standards the biggest hole to be filled is the goalies and if the Habs can sign Chris Rawlings or/and Shawn Hunwick,the Dogs could be the stingiest team ever in the AHL.Just have to wait and see how the GM decides to go,but,if I was Gauthier training a couple of goalies in the system that can be a great back-up for Price is good management.I for one see nothing but good throughout the system it's just going to take some patience and a couple of poor years for our teams.The draft picks gained through the bad years should more than make up for our patience in goals and great plays for the next decade.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
EveryDay

Ryan White got 1 assist so far tonight and +1

in 2 games(not over) 2G 1A 3P and +2

Get him back to MTL!

Old
02-11-2012, 01:35 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

brutal game for the dogs last night, they came out flat in a game they very much needed to win. Schultz got a cheap shot to the head but somehow that was only a 2 minute penalty, I saw him throw his gloves down the hallway as he was pissed. I turned the game off after it was 3-0. Hope they get better results today and tomorrow cause they are giving up points they can't afford to lose and it would really suck to miss the playoffs.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:56 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
brutal game for the dogs last night, they came out flat in a game they very much needed to win. Schultz got a cheap shot to the head but somehow that was only a 2 minute penalty, I saw him throw his gloves down the hallway as he was pissed. I turned the game off after it was 3-0. Hope they get better results today and tomorrow cause they are giving up points they can't afford to lose and it would really suck to miss the playoffs.
Is Schultz ok?

Old
02-11-2012, 02:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

lines,

Fortier White Fast
Dumont Masse Schultz
Lefebvre Engqvist DiSimone
FitzGerald xxxx Berger

St-Denis Stafford
Henry Stejskal
Mitera Callahan

Mayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Is Schultz ok?
yes

Old
02-11-2012, 03:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
They really don't have a chance without a goalie and with that disgusting depth.

Old
02-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Dogs getting killed and, judging by boxscore, gooning it up. White with 22 PIMs and Schultz with 17 PIMs.

Old
02-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Schultz with 1 assist, +1 and 27 PIMS!

I wanna see those fights!

Old
02-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Unlikely they would send down a waiver pickup since the team that waived him can take him back if you try to send him down.
a bit of an assumption on my part, but don't you think part of why Carolina waived him in the fist place is to get rid of his contract for next year?

in any case, not a big deal, though I do hope that we bring in someone who can play a first line/top-6 role with the dogs next year that also has some size/grit to his game.

With so many rookies likely to battle for a spot on the dogs next year, I really don't want to see Tinordi being stuck playing the main "protector" role, be nice to have a forward that can play and stick up for those kids in the lineup...

maybe schultz is good enough...

Closed Thread