HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#54, Kings @ Lightning - 2/7/12 3-1W Postgame THOUGHTS AND TIDBITS

Old
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Wait a second.... you've had girlfriends?
LMAO. That's the one thing you pulled from my post?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Yep, I was pretty much trying to say this as well. The fact he's been so bad this year, and then played so bad last night that I noticed it, shows ho bad he really was last night. It was awful.

If we do a major deal and he isn't shunted into it as a cap dump, I'd be mystified. The guy is wasting a roster spot big time.
I concur, Brad Richardson has been an absolute waste this season. I guess not having the benefit of playing with Handzus and Simmonds has exposed him. He is very weak physically and really doesn't contribute much in any way, shape, or form. He's signed for another year with a cap hit of $1.175M. He's lucky to be making that much as I'm sure the Kings can find a player in the minors who can contribute just as much as he has at half the price.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'm happy with the win, but I'm still very discouraged by our 2nd and 3rd lines.
Other than the two goals they scored last night, I presume?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:53 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I concur, Brad Richardson has been an absolute waste this season. I guess not having the benefit of playing with Handzus and Simmonds has exposed him. He is very weak physically and really doesn't contribute much in any way, shape, or form. He's signed for another year with a cap hit of $1.175M. He's lucky to be making that much as I'm sure the Kings can find a player in the minors who can contribute just as much as he has at half the price.
Geez, I remember that 4 or 5 week period where we were all so high on this guy.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Richardson has been a huge disappointment this year. The guy has had a hat trick before in his career and looks like a middling AHL'er right now. I know the whole team is slumping, but Richie looks especially bad.

His game is starting to get exposed - ok, yeah, he hustles his arse off out there every shift, but he's just not a very effective player. His board play sucks, and he's lost his finish. I thought he could be a consistent 8-10 goal guy for us, but sadly he is playing like a complete waste of a roster spot right now, and is a big part of the reason we have one of the worst bottom 6's that I can think of.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Did it look like Quick took a shot at the empty net last night? He seemed to smile right after he shot the puck.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:25 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
And he's still better than Penner. I recall Richardson playing reasonably well on Richard's wing earlier in the season.

I agree with what you're saying though, I'd like to see Holloway/Cliche/Nolan/King get a chance for bottom 6 spots next year. No need for Richardson or Hunter. Resign Fraser.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Did it look like Quick took a shot at the empty net last night? He seemed to smile right after he shot the puck.
He was definitely going for it.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
That awkward moment when Jonathan Quick has more points than your third line.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:08 PM
deeshamrock

I only started following the Kings since last summer. I was wondering about Kyle Clifford.
What was the expectation (line wise) when he was drafted? I realize he's young and will get better but where do expect he'll play?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I only started following the Kings since last summer. I was wondering about Kyle Clifford.
What was the expectation (line wise) when he was drafted? I realize he's young and will get better but where do expect he'll play?
Probably 3rd line at best maybe a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
He has 15-20 goal potential. Believe he will play on the third line and 2nd PP unit for a long time here.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:16 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Probably 3rd line at best maybe a 2nd/3rd line tweener.
thanks

Quote:
He has 15-20 goal potential. Believe he will play on the third line and 2nd PP unit for a long time here

Thanks.
That's the impression I get watching him and I was hoping he'd get more time. I would like to see Sutter put him on the third line, he's played well and Richardson hasn't looked as good.
Clifford has a lot of heart and seems to be the type of player who is 100% about his teammates.
It wouldn't hurt to try him on the 2nd PP unit...I am still hoping MR finds his way back to the first unit eventually.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
And he's still better than Penner..
Sorry, don't concur. For what he's getting paid, Penner is a complete bust but there is the odd game (Vancouver and this game) where Penner actually looks somewhat dominate. Richardson has been completely invisible almost the entire season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
thanks

Thanks.
That's the impression I get watching him and I was hoping he'd get more time. I would like to see Sutter put him on the third line, he's played well and Richardson hasn't looked as good.
Clifford has a lot of heart and seems to be the type of player who is 100% about his teammates.
It wouldn't hurt to try him on the 2nd PP unit...I am still hoping MR finds his way back to the first unit eventually.
I agree, but it does seem like Sutter is playing him a bit more than Murray. TM only gave Clifford more than 11 minutes in a game four times this season (in 33 games) before he was fired. Sutter's done it eight times so far in 21 games, including the last four games.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:

I want to see a goalie get a Gordie Howe hat trick!!!

EDIT: With a shut out, too!!!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
itstheo54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
That awkward moment when Jonathan Quick has more points than your third line.
That awkward moment when Jonathan Quick has more career points than Kevin Westgarth...

itstheo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I want to see a goalie get a Gordie Howe hat trick!!!

EDIT: With a shut out, too!!!
Hextall could have in his heydey, he scored 2 goals, and assists and had some impressive fights - just not in the same game