HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #51 @ Devils

View Poll Results: POTG
Artem Anisimov 1 1.85%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 5 9.26%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Brandon Prust 3 5.56%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 0 0%
Mike Rupp 1 1.85%
John Mitchell 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 8 14.81%
Henrik Lunqvist 25 46.30%
Ryan McDonagh 6 11.11%
Dan Girardi 1 1.85%
Michael Del Zotto 3 5.56%
Stu Bickel 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
I'm fine with expanding review as long as it's limited to scoring plays.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I'm fine with expanding review as long as it's limited to scoring plays.
It wouldn't help here, penalties aren't reviewable and they'll never make them reviewable.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It wouldn't help here, penalties aren't reviewable and they'll never make them reviewable.
Fine. Just make goalie interference reviewable, as it is probably the only penalty that can change whether or not it is a goal.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:13 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not sure if it was posted but Kerry Fraser believes the Gaborik goalie interference call was the wrong call.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387268
Thanks for that, I basically said the same thing earlier. Glad I'm not alone lol

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:19 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
And upon review, the puck crosses the line when Marty is on his back inside his own net, arguably prevented from making a play on the puck.
Exactly, there's 2 reasons why this is irrelevant given the call made on the ice.

1) There could never have been a goal in the first place, because the play is dead as soon as any Ranger touches the puck (penalty).

2) If Brodeur stays on his feet, it's a ridiculously simple save anyway.

But it's this whole "Brodeur dove" thing that is beyond outlandish. I dont see how anyone can look at that replay, (whether you think Gaborik intentionally bulldozed Brodeur or whether you think ATrain pushed Gaborik into Brodeur) and say Marty dove.

For starters, he got hit pretty hard.

But the crazier aspect of the "Brodeur dove" argument some are putting forth here is WHY THE HELL would anyone dive in that situation?

WHILE you're making a save?
IN the last 3 seconds of a tie game?
WHILE giving a rebound to the slot?

I mean, really folks?!?!

To qualify, yes, I realize it's being said by RELATIVELY FEW people here, but it's honestly one of the sillier charges I've ever seen on HFBoards.

So to summarize, it's a silly statement to make that a NHL goaltender (let alone a HOF goalie) is going to vacate his net with THREE seconds left in a tie game WITH the puck in the area, regardless of whether or not you think the call was correct or incorrect.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Enjoy your gift-wrapped win.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Exactly, there's 2 reasons why this is irrelevant given the call made on the ice.

1) There could never have been a goal in the first place, because the play is dead as soon as any Ranger touches the puck (penalty).

But it's this whole "Brodeur dove" thing that is beyond outlandish. I dont see how anyone can look at that replay, (whether you think Gaborik intentionally bulldozed Brodeur or whether you think ATrain pushed Gaborik into Brodeur) and say Marty dove.

But the crazier aspect of the "Brodeur dove" argument some are putting forth here is WHY THE HELL would anyone dive in that situation?

I mean, really folks?!?!

To qualify, yes, I realize it's being said by RELATIVELY FEW people here, but it's honestly one of the sillier charges I've ever seen on HFBoards.

So to summarize, it's a silly statement to make that a NHL goaltender (let alone a HOF goalie) is going to vacate his net with THREE seconds left in a tie game WITH the puck in the area, regardless of whether or not you think the call was correct or incorrect.

Give it up. The call was controversial.

I don't think you'll be convincing too many fans over here.

And on point #2... how can you be so sure?

There would've been a rebound and Marty might have flopped.

Or he might have just made the save; either way, you can't be so sure.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

I mean, really folks?!?!

Look we're never going to agree on this. However, you would really help your credibility if you would stop insisting that the Anisimov opportunity would be an ridiculously simple save. When an NHL forward gathers a rebound three feet in front of the net the goalie is at a big disadvantage. Marty would not have had time to square up and the only way he makes a save from that distance is if Ani hits him and there would have been tons of room on the far side. I'm not saying he would have scored but to somehow characterize that situation as an easy save is truly ridiculous.

As for Marty flopping; he's done it his whole career to his advantage and at this point it is probably unconscious. So, if he had the time to think about the situation he would not flop but that play happened so fast his instincts seem to be to go down the instant he feels contact. Did he flop? don't know but again to suggest he wouldn't shows a lack of knowledge of the player's career.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote