HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dregor:Hawks shopping for goalie

Old
02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
This is only one piece of the puzzle and alone will not solve our problems. But grab a decent physical dman to play with Monty and suddenly things are looking up. Add a top 9 gritty forward (a guy who can play center would be preferred) and we're on our way. If anything is left in the kitty perhaps look for another physical dmen. It's gonna seem like a lifetime before Feb 27 arrives and potentially this team will look much different.
No, things won't be looking up and hopefully this flawed thinking hasn't crept into Bowman's conscientiousness. They've had the same problems all season, it seems like most on this board were completely oblivious until this losing streak.

A depth Dman and a depth forward aren't going to have this team playing defense like they give a damn. Another goaltender isn't going to make sure the gap between the forwards and the Dmen isn't huge or make sure, in the defensive zone, we don't have people just standing around, admiring plays being made. Any roster player you add will not increase the productivity of a crappy power-play or the effectiveness of an atrocious penalty-kill.

But, if people want to believe a goaltender, or a Dman or a forward.. or all of the above will significantly change the outcome on the ice.. they can go right ahead.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:35 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
The last time it happened with any regularity was in Khabi's last season.
You misspelled Niemi.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
No, things won't be looking up and hopefully this flawed thinking hasn't crept into Bowman's conscientiousness. They've had the same problems all season, it seems like most on this board were completely oblivious until this losing streak.

A depth Dman and a depth forward aren't going to have this team playing defense like they give a damn. Another goaltender isn't going to make sure the gap between the forwards and the Dmen isn't huge or make sure, in the defensive zone, we don't have people just standing around, admiring plays being made. Any roster player you add will not increase the productivity of a crappy power-play or the effectiveness of an atrocious penalty-kill.

But, if people want to believe a goaltender, or a Dman or a forward.. or all of the above will significantly change the outcome on the ice.. they can go right ahead.
Then Q will be fired. Simple as that. There would be no use in prolonging the agony any further.

What you are saying is you've given up for this year. All I can say to that is you don't understand the psychological aspect of this game at all.

Last edited by BobbyJet: 02-08-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: and
BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

What do you propose?

ralph0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:03 PM
theWatsonMason

Quote:
Then Q will be fired. Simple as that. There would be no use in prolonging the agony any further.

What you are saying is you've given up for this year. All I can say to that is you don't understand the psychological aspect of this game at all.
I understand the goalie situation hasn't been great this year, and I understand people wanting to upgrade the position, I just simply don't believe a true noticible upgrade is available. I'm with Hoss on this. Since I'm in Phoenix and work weekends, I generally miss the first periods of games and use Twitter to fill in the action. For funsies, go back through the season and check how many times "home run pass," "odd man rush," and similar phrases are used by the beat writers when describing the opponents play. We probably lead the league in 130' stretch passes that make it through three or more guys.

theWatsonMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:07 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Goaltending isn't the hawks major problem. Nabakov is 36 years old. Why is he going to mask the hawks defensive issues better than Emery? Unless its Lunqvist or Pekka ****ing Rinne this team isn't getting magically better with a different goalie. There is a systematic issue here and trading out goalie's for a higher cap hit is just sweeping our problems under the rug, and doing a poor job of it to boot.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:08 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Why would Emery be on the way out? If anything the one who has played himself out of a spot is Crawford. He carried us most of last year. But this is a different season and Crawford looks like Michael Leighton.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:10 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I don't get why people are arguing whether it's the defense or the goalies. I think it's clearly both.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
I don't get why people are arguing whether it's the defense or the goalies. I think it's clearly both.
This.

It's inconsistent goaltending playing behind an inconsistent defense. That's a recipe for disaster.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:17 PM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
What do you propose?
Start Kruger on all four lines?

BobbleHeadNight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Why would Emery be on the way out? If anything the one who has played himself out of a spot is Crawford. He carried us most of last year. But this is a different season and Crawford looks like Michael Leighton.
Because who would take CC? Emery has a movable contract, in that another team isn't stuck with him for 2 more years at over 2.5m

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
DirkGrahamsMustache

Quote:
dman to play with Monty and suddenly things are looking up. Add a top 9 gritty forward (a guy who can play center would be preferred) and we're on our way.
Burrish and Sutton? Seams pretty realistic.

DirkGrahamsMustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Our supposed #1 is underperforming, so people are proposing we move our overperforming #2? What a message that sends. Hey guys, if you play like a turd don't worry because we'll just trade your backup whose playing better because no one wants you.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:26 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Emery is incapable of carry a team on a playoff run.

Crawford has been poor this season, but has some potential. Emery has none.

slappipappi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well most likely this would be sources from other teams letting Dregor know

Our media people aren't really all that great honestly
I wonder if there is a photo that represents such a statement?

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Our supposed #1 is underperforming, so people are proposing we move our overperforming #2? What a message that sends. Hey guys, if you play like a turd don't worry because we'll just trade your backup whose playing better because no one wants you.
Since when is business about "sending a message"?

His contract can't be moved. Can you bury him? Technically, but does Rocky really wanna pay a 3rd guy for that? And then next year you risk re-entry waivers...

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Cullksinikers

Crawford only goes if we are getting a proven goaltender making a good amount of money. Emery is cheap and a free agent. Someone could take him as a throw in.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
bhawksladyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I think you're probably joking, but I'll say it anyway

He'd report to a Cup contender.

He was just mad last season because he signed with Detroit but got claimed by the Islanders. Basically taking his chances of winning from pretty good to completely nonexistent. So he threw a hissy fit.

Now that he's sucked it up and is playing again, with a chance of being traded to a team like the Hawks, having him report will be no problem.
Yes, it was a joke. I'd be pissed if I was put into his situation too.

bhawksladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Bingo.

Any progress made on either front is a win in my book.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:03 PM
HawkinMI

Ryan Miller appears to be earning himself a nice fat bagel at the moment.

Plus, he's an MSU man.

However, I'm in favor of any help we can get. If that's Nabokov, that's just fine.

HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:16 PM
BBH
Wheelhouse keeper

vCash: 1128
Just to throw this out there, what would New York or Nashville look for for Lundqvist or Pekka ****ing Rinne?

BBH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:20 PM
willch878

Nabokov is playing like a stud right now and in front of a defense that's not exactly the best.

At the beginning of the season, Snow was asking for a 2nd.

I'm going to guess the price is higher now.

willch878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Let it go, it's over, it failed. Thank God Bowman seems to have woken up and we can finally move on. What a relief this stupendous news has been.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbleHeadNight View Post
Start Kruger on all four lines?
You made a funny!

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

This board is an absolute joke.

You were all going over-the-top with the Crawford love fest 6 months ago, and now everyone wants him off the team.

We haven't gotten a good look at what either goaltender is capable of doing because the team infront of both goaltenders has been a complete joke defensviely. Improve the team defense, and the numbers of both tenders will improve.

This is not me saying Crawford hasn't been inconsistent, because he has been and he now looks to have lost his confidence.. but, plain and simple, the team infront of both he and Emery has been awful defensively.. all year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote