Gamache called up.

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Voynich

vCash: 500
Gamache called up.

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...hrashside.html

Piros goes back to Chi-town and Simon gets his chance in the show.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Holly Gunning

Hopefully a trade will make this minor move moot. But after a disappointing road trip, it's good to make a move to change the look.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Atlanta should throw Gamache into the fire and play him with Kovalchuk. If it works, then they could have another young offensive threat. If it doesn't, they can send him back down.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Lessard Fretter

Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Hopefully a trade will make this minor move moot. But after a disappointing road trip, it's good to make a move to change the look.
Yea, my thoughts, too.

Also, Gamache didn't look near ready last season...

That said, congrats to the kid, hope he does well.

Old
11-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Atlanta should throw Gamache into the fire and play him with Kovalchuk. If it works, then they could have another young offensive threat. If it doesn't, they can send him back down.
I doubt it will work but I'd probably try it too at first... you never know!

I think Gamache would have been a good fit with Dany Heatley and I expected this year he would see time with him but that won't happen. I think they would do great together.

Still, Gamache is a smart player and has shown in the past that he can work like a charm with very speedy linemates. He can score too and reads the play well so that can also give Kovalchuk options and the Trashers could have two nice scoring lines if it works.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Holly Gunning

Everyone is a good fit next to Dany Heatley. If you don't look good next to Heatley, you shouldn't be playing hockey. He makes everyone around him better.

So everyone doesn't have to look it up individually, Gamache played 6:09, all at even strength, mostly on a line with Tommi Santala and Ron Petrovicky. He took one shot, from the top of the circles in the third period and was -1.

Old
11-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Everyone is a good fit next to Dany Heatley. If you don't look good next to Heatley, you shouldn't be playing hockey. He makes everyone around him better.
Uh, yes... and?

I'm just thinking he would be a better fit than Kovalchuk. Just like I think other players might be better fit for Kovalchuk than Heatley.

Old
11-06-2003, 04:29 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Uh, yes... and?
and therefore not a dazzling point. Apparently you meant to say what you said later....
"I'm just thinking he would be a better fit than Kovalchuk. Just like I think other players might be better fit for Kovalchuk than Heatley." which would be a better point except that Kovalchuk and Heatley haven't played on the same line in about a year.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:33 AM
WolfKeeper

Meanwhile, rumor on the farm is Piros hasn't reported.

Old
11-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Thrashd00d

Any word on Piros yet. Also I have heard a rumor that Karl Stewart has been called up for the BJ's game. Anyone here this?

Old
11-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Blatny Spears

I've heard that but nothing official has been announced. I'm sure it probably will happen, though - we were already carrying one fewer player than we're allowed to carry before Savard went down, so there's plenty of room for someone to step in. At this moment, every forward on the roster is dressing each game.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
and therefore not a dazzling point. Apparently you meant to say what you said later....
"I'm just thinking he would be a better fit than Kovalchuk. Just like I think other players might be better fit for Kovalchuk than Heatley." which would be a better point except that Kovalchuk and Heatley haven't played on the same line in about a year.
Sorry, let me clarify my last post: Just like I think other players might be better fit for Kovalchuk than they are for Heatley.

I hope it makes more sense that way.

Anyway, I see you are entering a pissing contest with me for no good reason and have chosen to miss the point of my posts. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I have (rightfully) criticized your rankings in the past for blowing up Gamache's ranking rtepeatedly. Or maybe you're just that way. Not sure which option is the better one.

Whatever floats your boat.

Old
11-06-2003, 01:50 PM
WolfKeeper

Stewart's recall is official per the Wolves.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Anyway, I see you are entering a pissing contest with me for no good reason and have chosen to miss the point of my posts. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I have (rightfully) criticized your rankings in the past for blowing up Gamache's ranking rtepeatedly. Or maybe you're just that way. Not sure which option is the better one.
Nope, it has more to do with your personality. My boat is quite buoyant, thank you.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Atlanta Jim

Line ups

I really haven't seen Kovalchuk "click" with anyone quite the way Heatly did with Savard - Koz. Not sure why......I thought Piros would do well. Anyway, my guess is McEarchern and Robatialle will be his linemates for a while...they looked good together against the Sabres. The one play I liked that Gamache made was the time he got the puck, saw an oening and went right at the goal. Didn't try and make one pass too many. I hope we keeping putting 1 and 2 points up on the board.....gives us some wiggle room as far as trades go. Stefan was aggressive against the Sabres......smooth PENALTY SHOT too. Hope he follows it up with another aggressive game. Also Vigier was on a line with Koz! GO JP GO!

Old
11-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Blatny Spears

Stefan's scoring, goals and assists alike, always seems to come in bunches. It wouldn't surprise me if he notched another point or two tonight in The House of the BJs.

Old
11-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatny Spears
Stefan's scoring, goals and assists alike, always seems to come in bunches.
So true, as I think we have discussed offline.

His output is all about his confidence level, which wavers.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Jamie

Good to see Gamache back up. As soon as I saw he was, I had to come check out the Thrashers boards and see how he's played. Think he'll stick? Gamache has been a personal favorite prospect of mine for a while. My prediction was he'd make the team this year, have a quiet year and then explode next year, and I made this a few years ago, so I'm hoping he'll stick so I'll be right I've loved him since his days in the Q and I consider him a high end prospect even though not many people agree with me.

Old
11-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Holly Gunning

Well he was scratched last night. I doubt he will stick very long, no.

Old
11-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Holly Gunning

And so it goes. Gamache sent back to Chicago.

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/View...b-fd2efeb786c2

Karl Stewart remains up.

Closed Thread