HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anthony Stewart (cleared)

Old
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalkev View Post
That's just it. Placing a player on waivers is *not* a roster move. That was my whole point. It's just a procedure to prevent teams from stockpiling depth players that would have bigger roles on other teams.

Also, I didn't say JR put Stewart on waivers as a courtesy to Stewart. You guys made it personal. I said it's a *requirement* in league rules to ask waivers on a veteran player before he can be sent down or bought out to see if another team in the league is willing to take over his contract. I didn't mean to imply that Stewart asked to be waived. Waiver rules are built into the CBA so players don't have to ask for this stuff. It happens every now and then that a player will ask, but I'm not aware that it was the case in this instance.
At the same time, and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but maybe JR DID do this as a favor to EhStew. When was the last time JR put a public statement out as to why he was waiving someone? It seems out of the norm and perhaps was meant to serve as a public notice to other GMs to lessen any concerns they might have had over picking up Stewart.

Of course, if I'm wrong and JR had routinely done this in the past, then you can blame it on the meth.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
We have been hearing murmurs all season that Stewart isn't happy with his opportunity here. Well, this was JR providing a chance for him to go somewhere else. He can't say he's being buried or that he made a bad decision to come here.

Whether he asked for it or not, going unclaimed on waivers demonstrates that Stewart has exactly one NHL career option right now: play better for the Carolina Hurricanes.
Where are these murmurs coming from cause I haven't heard anything about Stewart not being happy here.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
Where are these murmurs coming from cause I haven't heard anything about Stewart not being happy here.
I heard it at the RBC Center and I take everything I hear there to be fact

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Didn't read through the whole thread, so may have been covered.

I don't get Stewart's game. I like him, I just can't figure out what he's trying to do out there. He's got speed and ability.

It reminds me a little of when world-class high hurdle/sprinter Renaldo Nehemiah signed and played football for the 49ers. He was unbelievably fast, and the few times he ever got the ball he was gone, but he didn't play the game long enough, and often didn't know how to get open.

You all are probably to young to remember that, eh?

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote