HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 off-season: Manny/Cespedes to Oakland. But who cares, Spring Training's started!

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Swervin81
Magic Mitch™

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Realgm?

That baseball section is about 95% *****ing about Rogers these days.
Oh god, please don't go there. You have complete *******s who will wish injuries on other players, which thankfully, is frowned upon here.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Should have signed Reyes as well. They're richer than the Yankees and Red Sox owners. They can afford it.
You forgot about the fact that they were too cheap to sign Papelbon so we could have a real closer.

Old
02-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

That's true, or Heath Bell. Where are my manners

Old
02-08-2012, 12:22 AM
habamillions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
We should definitely do one with the regulars off this board. Count me in.
id be in for the fan league too

Old
02-08-2012, 12:58 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
id be in for the fan league too
Count me in!

Old
02-08-2012, 08:31 AM
The Man in White

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Realgm?

That baseball section is about 95% *****ing about Rogers these days.
It's too bad, before this offseason that board was great. The board absolutely went to **** the last couple of months.

It has some great posters though.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
NeverGoingToWin

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotst...m-baseball-mlb

Keith Law ranked the top farm systems. San Diego is #1 and the Rays are #2.

Quote:
#3. Toronto Blue Jays

One of the many reasons criticism of Rogers Communications, the owner of the Blue Jays, for being stingy with free agents is so ignorant is that the club has spent aggressively in the amateur markets during the past three years, grabbing high-ceiling high school players and Latin American prospects by stockpiling picks and paying whatever it took to sign those players. They are the organization most likely to be No. 1 on this list next winter.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

So there you have it.

There is enough money to have the top farm system in baseball or to sign 1 impact Free Agent. What would you rather have?

Old
02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Impact free agent leads to butts in the seats, which leads to more money which leads to a farm system. It's how the Yankees Dew It!

Old
02-08-2012, 01:10 PM
TootooTrain
-

Bautista 3rd in fantasy rankings going into this year. Miggy, eat your heart out.

Romero is 30th among pitchers only. One behind Shawn Marcum some how...

Old
02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Bautista 3rd in fantasy rankings going into this year. Miggy, eat your heart out.

Romero is 30th among pitchers only. One behind Shawn Marcum some how...
I would have ranked Romero at least in the 20's. You can't say that there are 29 better pitchers in the league.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
GeneralSwell

Interesting take on Bautista in their fantasy projections.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotst...-last-year-mlb

Quote:
The magnitude of Bautista's improvement from 2009 to 2010 is extremely rare in baseball history. He did it again in 2011, not only avoiding regression from his huge 2010 season but actually getting even better. At this time last year, the résumé of Jose Bautista the Superstar was a lot shorter than that of Jose Bautista the Fourth Outfielder. After a second amazing season in a more difficult offensive environment, there's less reason to be skeptical, and ZiPS projects Bautista to have the best OPS in baseball in 2012.

While Rogers Centre is a hitters' park, Bautista's power is such that he could probably hit 40 home runs playing in an airport hangar. ESPN's Home Run Tracker, developed by Greg Rybarczyk, keeps a list of "no doubt" home runs -- those homers that cleared the fence by 20 vertical feet and landed 50 feet past the fence. Bautista led baseball in 2011 with 18 of them, 50 percent more than any hitter not named Mike Stanton.

2012 projection: .273/.408/.566, 36 HR, 88 RBI
Low on the HR/RBI numbers if you ask me. Although a projected OPS of .974 is nothing to sneeze at.

Old
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Thorntonfan97
Jose Bautista: 16 HR

vCash: 233
I'd be interested in the fantasy league

Old
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

what if we contend and still cant draw 25,000

Old
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSwell View Post

Low on the HR/RBI numbers if you ask me. Although a projected OPS of .974 is nothing to sneeze at.
Particularly low on the RBI I think. I think he's going to get his chances with guys getting on in front of him.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
what if we contend and still cant draw 25,000
then we dont deserve a franchise and the fans who harp that superstars will draw fans are proven wrong.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans Man View Post
See people, Rogers DOES spend money.

(for the record, please relax, I'm just joking and like the direction of the team)
It's sad that you make a joke about the whole cheap Rogers dichotomy on this board and feel the need to assure that you're kidding around because you'll get attacked and called a fairweather fan. I don't blame you for it though, some idiots (only those that are over-the-top and childish) on here would have went ape on you

Old
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
NeverGoingToWin

The only problem I have with Bautista's projected numbers are the RBI's. They must think we are going to have a bad season and no one will be on base in front of him.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
NeverGoingToWin

http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/2012/02...unkJaysFans%29

Looks like our Double A team is moving to Ottawa.

Old
02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysLeafsTFCfan View Post
http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/2012/02...unkJaysFans%29

Looks like our Double A team is moving to Ottawa.

There's some discussion later based on a blog post from a New Hampshire journalist noting that there are a pair of similar wrenches in the two variations of this idea:

1) Option 1 that was listed was that the Blue Jays would switch AA affiliations with the NY Mets. The Mets would get the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and the Jays would get the Binghamton Mets and move them to Ottawa. This apparently cannot happen because in order for New Hampshire to exist where they do, The Red Sox AA team had to waive their territorial rights to the area. However, part of their conditions for doing so was that the team that they waived said rights for (ie New Hampshire) cannot be affiliated with either of the New York based teams.

2) Option 2 was that the Jays would boot Vegas, shift HN up to the AAA level, and then somehow bring in in Ottawa at the AA level (new team or relocating another team that they purchase). But this same set of territorial waivers from the Sox AA team again specifies that they are not waiving it for an AAA team, just AA and below.

So it's not exactly a smooth road to this happening. It would almost be easier for the Jays to bring AAA ball to Ottawa, though I can see the appeal of AA instead (a greater number of better prospects, especially pitchers, pass through AA compared to AAA)

http://graymatter123.blogspot.com/20...awa-hello.html

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...ORTS/711189960

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-08-2012, 07:10 PM
NeverGoingToWin

I noticed on the Ottawa board that Manchester could not have a Triple A team but I did not know they could not have a Double A team associated with the New York teams either. Thanks for the additional information. Sounds like we are back to where we started.

Keith Law is naming his top 100 prospects tomorrow.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysLeafsTFCfan View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/hotst...m-baseball-mlb

Keith Law ranked the top farm systems. San Diego is #1 and the Rays are #2.
Wow, Rays are #2? KLaw is a little too high on them if you ask me and far too low on Atlanta Braves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSwell View Post

In how many games? That could be the reason for those HR and RBI totals. Or the RBI totals just come from the fact they believe Jays won't get on base much and Jose will get walked every time there is a runner on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
There's some discussion later based on a blog post from a New Hampshire journalist noting that there are a pair of similar wrenches in the two variations of this idea:

1) Option 1 that was listed was that the Blue Jays would switch AA affiliations with the NY Mets. The Mets would get the New Hampshire Fisher Cats and the Jays would get the Binghamton Mets and move them to Ottawa. This apparently cannot happen because in order for New Hampshire to exist where they do, The Red Sox AA team had to waive their territorial rights to the area. However, part of their conditions for doing so was that the team that they waived said rights for (ie New Hampshire) cannot be affiliated with either of the New York based teams.

2) Option 2 was that the Jays would boot Vegas, shift HN up to the AAA level, and then somehow bring in in Ottawa at the AA level (new team or relocating another team that they purchase). But this same set of territorial waivers from the Sox AA team again specifies that they are not waiving it for an AAA team, just AA and below.

So it's not exactly a smooth road to this happening. It would almost be easier for the Jays to bring AAA ball to Ottawa, though I can see the appeal of AA instead (a greater number of better prospects, especially pitchers, pass through AA compared to AAA)

http://graymatter123.blogspot.com/20...awa-hello.html

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...ORTS/711189960
Option 2 is the one I keep hearing. I have no idea if this is true or not but I think I read somewhere that NH wants to be a triple A affiliate so that could make some sense. Boot Vegas for NH and bring in Ottawa. I'd guess Ottawa is closer to AA teams which is probably why there aren't discussions about Ottawa being a Triple A affiliate.

Either way, I want Vegas gone and I would like to see the Jays keep NH. That place is good for pitchers and fairly good for hitters too (at least left handed).

Oh fail, I just read the article. So I guess if NH can't move to AAA then I don't see the point of flipping NH for Ottawa.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

I want the jays AA team in ottawa so bad, the stadium is right beside a best buy and like 1 min away from a big mall, so people will know it's there. Throw dat jays logo on it somewhere and the *****es be swarming!

Old
02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanBeastmode View Post
I want the jays AA team in ottawa so bad, the stadium is right beside a best buy and like 1 min away from a big mall, so people will know it's there. Throw dat jays logo on it somewhere and the *****es be swarming!
I don't live anywhere near ottawa and i'd go.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Donny Bomby
Dinger Derby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
then we dont deserve a franchise and the fans who harp that superstars will draw fans are proven wrong.
Who said anything about superstars? What if we contend with this team and fans don't show up? It could be said if we had a superstar we'd be drawing fans.

Closed Thread