HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

This might come off as a surprise... (AK)

Old
02-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Terrible drafting?

Anyone who believes this is simply just wrong.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Taupy

Some people want to get rid of him when we are finally seeing him put all the pieces together and being on the verge of entering the prime of his career?

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
We got lucky with Subban, Patches. I still could not beleive we pass on Claude Giroux. I was screaming for the Habs to draft him and then we went off the board to select Fischer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
If we had Crosby fans would complain if he didn't get 100 goals a season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Terrible drafting?

Anyone who believes this is simply just wrong.
The dude went back to 1995. Of course we drafted some guys that turned out great for us. However, look at our drafts from 1995 to 2002. Then tell me the team didn't suffer from terrible drafting. Terry Ryan, Jason Ward, Eric Chouinard, Ron Hainsey (a serviceable D, but not worthy of a 1st rounder), Matt Higgins, David Fischer, please TP stop it hurts. Anyway, even in those times, we were able to find some late round gems. However, the inability of this team to draft in the first round cost them A LOT.

So yeah, what about terrible drafting?

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Of course, this team has been mediocre because of physical 2nd-line wingers who have great puck skills and can chip in 50 points while playing a decent defensive game. Of course.

AK disappears once in a while, although we've seen less and less of that this season. Even when he isn't scoring, the effort is there.

We've been mediocre because of terrible drafting and asset management for the most part. AK is part of the solution, not part of the problem. Keep looking for **** in the clean stall though Asterix, you're tremendously skilled at that.
Don't bother with Asterix. He's been hating on Andrei Kostitsyn since 07.

Appearntly trading him for Dustin Penner would be a step in the right direction.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Appearntly trading him for Dustin Penner would be a step in the right direction.
Oh believe me, I know. I like to step in once in a while when he gets overboard with his ridiculous opinion though.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Gomez isn't necessarily the most reliable source for something like this. Its sort of normal to stick up for a fellow teammate who isn't playing at his best, considering Gomez is playing like crap.

Although, its still positive.

There's really no reason to trade AK because his playoff value to another team will likely bring poor returns. I think we can resign him for a decent price.

Apples and Oranges maybe, but Alex Kovalev was known to be a playoff performer and was traded for a 7th round pick on his last year.

I'd take Kovy in the playoffs over AK46 anyday, even a washed up and unmotivated version.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:05 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Demers View Post
Apples and Oranges maybe, but Alex Kovalev was known to be a playoff performer and was traded for a 7th round pick on his last year.

I'd take Kovy in the playoffs over AK46 anyday, even a washed up and unmotivated version.

Apples and oranges indeed, as one is in his prime years and the other was 37 years old and playing the worst hockey of his career. I agree that AK is not known to be a big time playoff guy so teams who could be interested might just wait and see if he hits the market this summer.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Since the media has had more access to the club in the 80s, there's been a tendency in Montreal to keep "nice guys" and ship out "trouble makers".

I always prefer troublemakers that help the team on the ice over nice guys... AK's attitude should come in the equation, but should be a minor consideration in the big picture.

It should be a hockey decision. Sign him before the deadline or trade him for a pick/prospect.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Plante

You internet keyboard warriors calling Andrei lazy are absolutely hilarious. How does someone with such minimal work ethic as to have enough time to post thousands of responses in a hockey forum, let alone other rampant internet use, have the ability to call a professional athlete lazy?

People calling him soft are off there rockers. The lack of perspective from certain fans is not only mind-boggling, but extremely frustrating.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Of course, this team has been mediocre because of physical 2nd-line wingers who have great puck skills and can chip in 50 points while playing a decent defensive game. Of course.
We're not watching the same games...

Quote:

You're making yourself look pretty bad with comments like that. Nothing to add to the topic, all back-hand *****-slaps.

Quote:
Oh believe me, I know. I like to step in once in a while when he gets overboard with his ridiculous opinion though.
I didn't think that opinions could be ridiculous, at least not in my books. I respect yours although I don't share it. Feel free to disagree though.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
We're not watching the same games...
Are you sure you even watch them at all?

I wonder if the Andrei hate is also tied to your...how can I put this politely....negative view of eastern eurpean players.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Are you sure you even watch them at all?

I wonder if the Andrei hate is also tied to your...how can I put this politely....negative view of eastern eurpean players.
What do you have to add to the topic my friend? Unless I'm the focus of your infatuation?

Old
02-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
LOL-- you got problems~!~!
Perhaps your antennae are twisted like a pretzel and pick up only what you want to hear. After Gomez, the most frequently disrespected players on this site have been Kostitsyn and Markov. Posters have also treated Plekanec shabbily from the time he was still unsigned to the present.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Andy

Quote:
What do you have to add to the topic my friend? Unless I'm the focus of your infatuation?
What did you add to the topic? A thread showing a different side of Kostitsyn and you come in and bash him once again.

Stop hating and you won't bring attention to yourself. Your agenda against AK is as clear as Brunet's and Gaston Therrien's.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
So why did you bring your cat to this fight?
I would bring a jaguar if I had one. The prejudice displayed by that particular clique is beneath contempt.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 02-09-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old
02-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
What did you add to the topic? A thread showing a different side of Kostitsyn and you come in and bash him once again.

Stop hating and you won't bring attention to yourself. Your agenda against AK is as clear as Brunet's and Gaston Therrien's.
Some day, you might learn that a forum is based on different opinions as otherwise, you'd have a bunch a people agreeing on everything. In theory, it may sound great but it's far from reality. The day that you realize that, you then will have to learn to respect the fact that other members' opinions might differ from yours and should eventually grow to the point of respecting those differences of opinions.

As for the topic on hand (Kostitsyn, not me, sorry to disappoint), I'd rather spend the dollars on a guy who will have a similar production but who will bring an aspect lacking to this team: toughness.

Before you jump and bang your head to the ceiling here, note that I didn't say "hitting", but toughness, with the ability to drop the gloves to protect teammates from time to time, a player in the same line as Chris Neil and David Clarkson.

Now if that's a racist comment and it goes against the law, then sue me.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Perhaps your antennae are twisted like a pretzel and pick up only what you want to hear. After Gomez, the most frequently disrespected players on this site have been Kostitsyn and Markov. Posters have also treated Plekanec shabbily from the time he was still unsigned to the present.
You missed Price and Subban. This board lives to eat its young.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
I agree. Just on the ice, you see him having animated conversations with his teammates this season that you couldn't imagine him having 2-3 years ago. It's nice to be able to witness some players' evolutions as human beings for a change.
Wow exactly what I'm thinking.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
You missed Price and Subban. This board lives to eat its young.
I miss the absence of certain thoughtful posters who had had enough and haven't found it worthwhile to return. The most appalling posters are those who abase the characters of players rather than their rates of production.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Danadiens

Quote:
Some day, you might learn that a forum is based on different opinions as otherwise, you'd have a bunch a people agreeing on everything. In theory, it may sound great but it's far from reality. The day that you realize that, you then will have to learn to respect the fact that other members' opinions might differ from yours and should eventually grow to the point of respecting those differences of opinions.

As for the topic on hand (Kostitsyn, not me, sorry to disappoint), I'd rather spend the dollars on a guy who will have a similar production but who will bring an aspect lacking to this team: toughness.

Before you jump and bang your head to the ceiling here, note that I didn't say "hitting", but toughness, with the ability to drop the gloves to protect teammates from time to time, a player in the same line as Chris Neil and David Clarkson.

Neil doesn't have the same production as Kost...

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:22 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:

first agreed that Clarkson is the type of player I'd love to have, and that he is having a ''career'' year ... but honestly... neil and clarkson are not as good as A.kos offensively, and it wouldn't surprised me one bit if clarkson had 3x the pp time A.kos has here. don't expect to pay roughly the same amount for a guy as talented + fights + ect ... Besides lucic and hartnell there aren't many players in that mold, and they will be more expensive than AK garanteed.

If you'd invest 3.5 to 4m on a 3rd liner who can chip in 15g and fight.... logic points out at letting white play for peanuts and do that job even better peharps.

your hate for AK is well known here, and its ok, its just that with such broken arguments have the decency to expect an answer.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
first agreed that Clarkson is the type of player I'd love to have, and that he is having a ''career'' year ... but honestly... neil and clarkson are not as good as A.kos offensively, and it wouldn't surprised me one bit if clarkson had 3x the pp time A.kos has here. don't expect to pay roughly the same amount for a guy as talented + fights + ect ... Besides lucic and hartnell there aren't many players in that mold, and they will be more expensive than AK garanteed.

If you'd invest 3.5 to 4m on a 3rd liner who can chip in 15g and fight.... logic points out at letting white play for peanuts and do that job even better peharps.

your hate for AK is well known here, and its ok, its just that with such broken arguments have the decency to expect an answer.
I've just added the unworthy Habsterix to my ignore list, a tactic I havene.t used in several years. Next goes the equally unworthy larek.

Old
Andy

Quote:
I don't have a problem with any other opinion of yours that differs from mine. I do have a problem with this opinion of yours because you've been on an anti-Kostitsyn campaign for 4+ years now and refuse to ever give any ounce of credit in improving any part of his game. In fact you straight out refuse to even acknowledge improvements in his game.

It came to the point last year where you wanted to move him for Dustin Penner because Andrei was Lazy, big but not phsyical, soft and inconsistent. The things you hate Andrei for apply to Dustin Penner who you thought was a much much much better player last year where you went on a campaign on an Andrei-Penner swap.

Yes it's opinions, but your opinions of Andrei are highly biased against him to the point that you describe deficiencies in his game that are not even there. Let's not forget that article you posted about youth with the eggs hatching except Andrei's.

I am not even the only one who reproaches you for your over the top Andrei hate. You bring it on yourself.

Quote:
There aren't many UFAs next year that will bring a similar production to Andrei while bringing toughness and no Penner doesn't qualify.

Quote:
Like I said not many players that fit this mold this UFA(also lol saying Chris Neil produces as much as Andrei). Maybe Tuomo Rutuu, but at that point I'd rather keep Andrei considering he has stated that he is willing to take less than what the market would give him to stay here and given that there have been multiple reports that say he is very well-liked in the locker room.

He's a top 6 forward, every team needs them and he plays his role perfectly here. His overall game has improved 10 fold and he knows what it takes to play in this market. He's home grown.

I don't agree that Andrei has to be the one to be moved to bring in toughness. It can be brought in without having to move contributors.

Old
Protest the Hero

Quote:

I don't think there's anyone hitting the free agent market this summer in that mold though.

On topic, I wonder what Kostitsyn said to Gomez after he scored.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

A forward who's big, hits, fights, and is tough who produces around 20g/45pts a season? Curious how not re-signing Kostitsyn would help us obtain one this summer.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote