HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Fans actions last night

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2012, 08:13 PM
  #51
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
agreed.

The goalie has to be allowed to at least attempt to make a save in that situation.He couldn't.

Now, had no Rangers player been there and this was debbie on debbie interference, the goal counts.

But since it was a Rangers player making the indicental contact, the no goal call was correct.

We have seen goals called off for less contact
Except for the fact that if an offensive player is pushed into a goalie by the defenseman, it's not goalie interference.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 08:17 PM
  #52
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,616
vCash: 500
The call was horrendously wrong. Doesn't mean the fans can go ape ****.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
  #53
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,095
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Except for the fact that if an offensive player is pushed into a goalie by the defenseman, it's not goalie interference.
not in the sense that a penalty is concerned, but it's enough of interference to disallow a goal.

If the ref felt the defeder caused the contact on purpose, then he can allow the goal to stand.

If the Ref felt that both the defender and the forward tried to avoid the goalie and still made contact thus preventing the goalie from even trying to make a save, then disallowing the goal was the right call.

Last night, the issue was the penalty. It was NOT a penalty, but there was incidental contact with the goalie to imply goalie interference.

pld459666 is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 08:27 PM
  #54
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
not in the sense that a penalty is concerned, but it's enough of interference to disallow a goal.

If the ref felt the defeder caused the contact on purpose, then he can allow the goal to stand.

If the Ref felt that both the defender and the forward tried to avoid the goalie and still made contact thus preventing the goalie from even trying to make a save, then disallowing the goal was the right call.

Last night, the issue was the penalty. It was NOT a penalty, but there was incidental contact with the goalie to imply goalie interference.
The refs have gone absolutely crazy with the goalie interference this year. It started with the Lucic/Miller incident. Everyone went bat**** crazy when Lucic wasn't suspended. So then Tootoo was pushed into Miller by the Buff Dman, and was suspended, even though he had no time to avoid him. The Hagelin charging call against Dallas is another example. The disallowed bruins goal against the Sabres is just the latest example. BRUTAL CALL!

That's all there is to it. Marty flopping certainly helped his case though.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 08:30 PM
  #55
Noonan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country:
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan2Gaborik View Post
Was it really necessary to throw **** on the ice after the blown call? People in the 100s throwing crap on the ice, beer flying everywhere in the 300s. Very unclassy by the fans last night
Don't they throw hats on the ice every once in awhile? Can't open pandora box

Noonan25 is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 08:38 PM
  #56
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
Honestly, who cares either way? People in Detroit throw ****ing octopi for gods sake. If someone wants to throw a plastic beer bottle onto the ice after a horrendous call be my guest.

Affinity is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 09:00 PM
  #57
Stepan2Gaborik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Honestly, who cares either way? People in Detroit throw ****ing octopi for gods sake. If someone wants to throw a plastic beer bottle onto the ice after a horrendous call be my guest.
How would you like to invite me over for a game and me throw beer all over your living room and furniture every time something goes the other way

Stepan2Gaborik is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 09:06 PM
  #58
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The call was horrendously wrong. Doesn't mean the fans can go ape ****.

Agree 100%

darko is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 09:20 PM
  #59
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan2Gaborik View Post
How would you like to invite me over for a game and me throw beer all over your living room and furniture every time something goes the other way
Because throwing beer on the ice is the equivalent of throwing it all over someones living room...

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM
  #60
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,793
vCash: 500
Awards:
If you want to discuss the call, go to the PGT. Otherwise, this thread has been **** and we're done.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.