HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'11/'12: Leafs Trade Rumors/Proposals: Trades a comin? Hmmm maybe not.

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 10:30 PM
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Penner and a first for MacA? Yeah, I'd be down.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Penner and a first for MacA? Yeah, I'd be down.
Send them all our pancakes too, just to be on the safe side

Old
02-08-2012, 10:34 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Has there been a reputable source for the last two weeks hinting at anything? Seems like every time I come here, its incarcerated bob, hockey buzz or some unknown twitter loser thats being posted.
Nope, unfortunately we might have a really dry trade deadline this year. Seriously, when Tuomo Ruutu is one of the most talked about trade pieces (probably the most along with Carter), you know it's not going to be very good.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:38 PM
number72

Mac might go for a 2nd.

So what do people prefer between
- Mac for 2nd and
- Penner + first for Mac

I think that makes it an easier choice.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Mac might go for a 2nd.

- Mac for 2nd and
- Penner + first for Mac

As much as LA wants dump Penner, they're not gonna give up their 1st for Mac.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:41 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Is Nash something we really need, though? I don't think so. Not at 7.8 on the cap. He won't even play on the first line.
It's obvious people are out to lunch when it comes to Nash all I'll say is let him become a Leaf first and be part of this team going forward and then make your judgment on what is rather he's over payed or not one of the games elite players.

I have no problem at all with his cap hit the cap is at 60+ million you can afford to overpay for a player that fits this team like a glove Make your budgets somewhere else oh I don't know MacArthur, Connoly, Lombardi, Komisarek.

When you start to become cheep on elite players cause they're slightly over payed that's where as a GM of the Maple Leafs your not taking advantage of big blue's resources.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:42 PM
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Mac might go for a 2nd.

- Mac for 2nd and
- Penner + first for Mac + GTA's supply of pancake mix

Fixed.

I'd take the second deal honestly. I have a gut feeling Penner would play well on a line with Grabo and Kule...

Old
02-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
I agree. I think it makes more sense for us to move Lombardi + a mid-round draft pick for Penner.

Penner might help us in the size department and if it doesn't work out with him, we'll get some valuable cap space for us in the off-season.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:50 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Is Nash something we really need, though? I don't think so. Not at 7.8 on the cap. He won't even play on the first line.
Are you serious?

Nash would make the top line on any team in this league, but wouldn't be good enough to crack the Leafs?

Nash is the type of guy that can carry a franchise on his back. But because this is a team game, he can't do it alone. He's had zero support in Columbus for years and Carter has been oft injured and hasn't worked out.

To me, I think he would be a perfect for on a line with Lombardi and MacArthur. Speed and possession type of play. He could also be situated with Kessel and Connolly. You could put him with anyone (outside the 4th line) and he would be successful. There isn't 1 player on Toronto currently that has scored 40 goals twice in his career and Nash has done it twice.

So no, I don't think he's an overpayment at 7.8. He's a franchise forward that you build around and WILL carry a team.

I wonder what the market value would be via trade, but I would be all ears if he was available.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
Are you serious?

Nash would make the top line on any team in this league, but wouldn't be good enough to crack the Leafs?

Nash is the type of guy that can carry a franchise on his back. But because this is a team game, he can't do it alone. He's had zero support in Columbus for years and Carter has been oft injured and hasn't worked out.

To me, I think he would be a perfect for on a line with Lombardi and MacArthur. Speed and possession type of play. He could also be situated with Kessel and Connolly. You could put him with anyone (outside the 4th line) and he would be successful. There isn't 1 player on Toronto currently that has scored 40 goals twice in his career and Nash has done it twice.

So no, I don't think he's an overpayment at 7.8. He's a franchise forward that you build around and WILL carry a team.

I wonder what the market value would be via trade, but I would be all ears if he was available.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
thepatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
Are you serious?

having a top 6 of

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Nash - Grabovski - Kulemin

would be deadly

Old
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
it's obvious people are out to lunch when it comes to nash all i'll say is let him become a leaf first and be part of this team going forward and then make your judgment on what is rather he's over payed or not one of the games elite players.

I have no problem at all with his cap hit the cap is at 60+ million you can afford to overpay for a player that fits this team like a glove make your budgets somewhere else oh i don't know macarthur, connoly, lombardi, komisarek.

When you start to become cheep on elite players cause they're slightly over payed that's where as a gm of the maple leafs your not taking advantage of big blue's resources.

thank you!!!

Old
02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Depends if Burke gets his price.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
notdoneyet

I have to laugh at all these posters who say dont trade anybody
we can pick up (ie. Parise) as a free agent.

They say it just like, hey we can get Parise to sign with us no problem.
Whenever there are free agents involved 30 other teams can make offers
and when that happens you have to really overpay to get a good one.

Grabovski is a good example. if we can sign him for 4yr @ 5 million a year we should
do it. If he gets to free agency he may get close to six million a year from some team willing to overpay because there are so few options.

My point is if we have the assets to get a very good player we have to do it.
We cant just wait until free agency.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:04 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

why is it that all it takes is 1 suggestion for all this trade speculation/trade proposals to occur:

hockeybuzz: Penner
I joe: JvR for Schenn, Nash or a Carter thing
Watters: Staal, etc.

think outside the box. that might be closer to what is actually going on. i want to see trade proposals with minor players. that's what might occur, not these big splash for a franchise player moves.

how often does a bubble team just land a big name like Staal, Nash, Getzlaf before the playoffs?

smaller moves and lesser players will be what likely happens. go with that.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

What would it take for Big Buff?

1st ++ ?

Stick him on the 3rd line and pp in front of the net or on the point.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:14 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
I agree. I think it makes more sense for us to move Lombardi + a mid-round draft pick for Penner.

Penner might help us in the size department and if it doesn't work out with him, we'll get some valuable cap space for us in the off-season.
I don't see how that helps LA. They move $1 000 000 in salary this year for $4.5 over the rest of this year and next. Unless Lombardi is going to score goals for them, but then why not keep him.

MacA is an example because he's a winger who can play with Richards or Kopitar who can help score some goals.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post43833491
next one.