HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks@Avs/ Feb.7th 7MT

Old
02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
I would hope he is playing like that so his team can make the playoffs, not for a new contract.
I've never understood this thing. If a player ends up being spectacular, who cares if he does it for selfish reasons, especially if his teamwork-rate is at least ok? Would you be very disappointed if Jones would pull off a 50 goal season, help Avs to win Stanley Cup and state that "I did it to get a good contract"? I would much rather take that than "I did it all for team" if the result is what, say, Matt Hunwick puts on the board right now.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Great game by the guys or should I say much better execution. Kobasew on the empty net had me shaking my head but besides that the guys buried their chances. Finally a 2 on 1 that connected aswell. Barrie played solid not mind boggling great but for his first game he held his own didnt look out of place. Stastny followed up his solid game against the nucks into this game which is what we need him to do more of. David Jones put down the Corona last night which is also nice to see. What can you say about Lando? the guy went full Viking last night not bad for a 4th line grinder

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
I've never understood this thing. If a player ends up being spectacular, who cares if he does it for selfish reasons, especially if his teamwork-rate is at least ok? Would you be very disappointed if Jones would pull off a 50 goal season, help Avs to win Stanley Cup and state that "I did it to get a good contract"? I would much rather take that than "I did it all for team" if the result is what, say, Matt Hunwick puts on the board right now.
You're kidding, right?

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
I agree JF.
These guys are obviously going to be looking for a bigger/better contract than before; just like any of us. No NHL player is going to say it, but the results speak for themselves.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Avalanche

Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
I agree JF.
These guys are obviously going to be looking for a bigger/better contract than before; just like any of us. No NHL player is going to say it, but the results speak for themselves.
So it's okay for a guy to just go through the motions as long as they put the effort in during their contract year?

Old
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
The one in the middle scares me.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Avalanche

Yeah, that's why I posted it

Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
So it's okay for a guy to just go through the motions as long as they put the effort in during their contract year?
If teams are stupid enough to pump 15-year contracts for them just like that, why not? My motivation would suffer for sure if I would know that I don't need to do anything for the rest of my life.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
You're kidding, right?
No, I would seriously take a selfish 50-goal scorer instead of a #7 d-man, who's pretty much useless, but says that he does it for the team.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Great game last night Who else wants to see the Avs play Chicago in the playoffs (knocks on wood)?

The big thing last night is we were really forcing the Blackhawks to turn the puck over... I mean, how many odd-man rushes did we get last night? It seems the Hawks were being overwhelmed by our puck pursuit.

Jiggy played well enough for us to win. Came up with some big saves and that's all that matters. I've stayed out of this ridiculous Giggy vs. Varly war going on... I support BOTH goalies and will cheer for which ever one gives us a chance to win.

You just have to wonder how this team does with Duchene back in the fold. Last night's game sure gave me hope for the season.
+1 for this, i think our goaltending tandem is great. Varly has some serious talent but i think he needs conditioning. I keep forgetting he has never played more than 40 games in a year. Giggy has been as good as any starter in the league. If the Avs ended up in 8th id hate to play a best of 7 against Giggy.

I think Hejduk and Duch will be paired together, not sure who the third guy will be, but anything to keep Stats and Jones together. Gali should be back on that Stats line as well.

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
+1 for this, i think our goaltending tandem is great. Varly has some serious talent but i think he needs conditioning. I keep forgetting he has never played more than 40 games in a year. Giggy has been as good as any starter in the league. If the Avs ended up in 8th id hate to play a best of 7 against Giggy.

I think Hejduk and Duch will be paired together, not sure who the third guy will be, but anything to keep Stats and Jones together. Gali should be back on that Stats line as well.
All I know is when Duchene gets back I want him at Centre but thats just me. Duchene with Mueller and Hejduk works for me. Stazz with Jones and Gali works for me. ROR with Lando and Parise also works for me.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
All I know is when Duchene gets back I want him at Centre but thats just me. Duchene with Mueller and Hejduk works for me. Stazz with Jones and Gali works for me. ROR with Lando and Parise also works for me.
That's something I would really like to see.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Razor29
0-0-0

Quote:
No, I would seriously take a selfish 50-goal scorer instead of a #7 d-man, who's pretty much useless, but says that he does it for the team.
Try comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

That's like saying you would take a guy like Semin over a guy like Hunwick.

Well duh.

A better comparison is taking a guy like Semin over a guy like Kovalchuk.

Semin is selfish, Kovalchuk is not. Both have talent, but only one tries all the time.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Razor29
0-0-0

Quote:
Looks like a car is driving directly at the one in the middle and the other two look like a pane of glass is being pressed up against their faces.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
agentblack

Ladies have good taste. ROR , Lando and Gali are def. the best looking on the team.

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Ladies have good taste. ROR , Lando and Gali are def. the best looking on the team.
Don't forget Wilson. My friend loves him. And no, my friend is NOT me, lol.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:08 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
I'm anticipating a total board meltdown this summer if the Avs don't get this guy.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Stastny, Mueller, and Duchene are disappointed in you

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Baha, I was just about to come in here and post that pic.

We need O'Reilly for the next 15 years, lets hope that she doesn't get near him. Could end in far too much affection (snoo-snoo).

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
should post this on the main board.. could be nice in some photoshops

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote