HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks@Avs/ Feb.7th 7MT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  #626
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
I would hope he is playing like that so his team can make the playoffs, not for a new contract.
I've never understood this thing. If a player ends up being spectacular, who cares if he does it for selfish reasons, especially if his teamwork-rate is at least ok? Would you be very disappointed if Jones would pull off a 50 goal season, help Avs to win Stanley Cup and state that "I did it to get a good contract"? I would much rather take that than "I did it all for team" if the result is what, say, Matt Hunwick puts on the board right now.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
  #627
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,566
vCash: 50
Great game by the guys or should I say much better execution. Kobasew on the empty net had me shaking my head but besides that the guys buried their chances. Finally a 2 on 1 that connected aswell. Barrie played solid not mind boggling great but for his first game he held his own didnt look out of place. Stastny followed up his solid game against the nucks into this game which is what we need him to do more of. David Jones put down the Corona last night which is also nice to see. What can you say about Lando? the guy went full Viking last night not bad for a 4th line grinder

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
  #628
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
I've never understood this thing. If a player ends up being spectacular, who cares if he does it for selfish reasons, especially if his teamwork-rate is at least ok? Would you be very disappointed if Jones would pull off a 50 goal season, help Avs to win Stanley Cup and state that "I did it to get a good contract"? I would much rather take that than "I did it all for team" if the result is what, say, Matt Hunwick puts on the board right now.
You're kidding, right?

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
  #629
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
I've never understood this thing. If a player ends up being spectacular, who cares if he does it for selfish reasons, especially if his teamwork-rate is at least ok? Would you be very disappointed if Jones would pull off a 50 goal season, help Avs to win Stanley Cup and state that "I did it to get a good contract"? I would much rather take that than "I did it all for team" if the result is what, say, Matt Hunwick puts on the board right now.
I agree JF.
These guys are obviously going to be looking for a bigger/better contract than before; just like any of us. No NHL player is going to say it, but the results speak for themselves.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:59 PM
  #630
Avalanche
Registered User
 
Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cornwall
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500

Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
  #631
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
I agree JF.
These guys are obviously going to be looking for a bigger/better contract than before; just like any of us. No NHL player is going to say it, but the results speak for themselves.
So it's okay for a guy to just go through the motions as long as they put the effort in during their contract year?

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
  #632
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
The one in the middle scares me.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:05 PM
  #633
Avalanche
Registered User
 
Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cornwall
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Yeah, that's why I posted it

Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
  #634
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
So it's okay for a guy to just go through the motions as long as they put the effort in during their contract year?
If teams are stupid enough to pump 15-year contracts for them just like that, why not? My motivation would suffer for sure if I would know that I don't need to do anything for the rest of my life.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
  #635
Jaymond Flurrie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
You're kidding, right?
No, I would seriously take a selfish 50-goal scorer instead of a #7 d-man, who's pretty much useless, but says that he does it for the team.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 04:21 PM
  #636
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Great game last night Who else wants to see the Avs play Chicago in the playoffs (knocks on wood)?

The big thing last night is we were really forcing the Blackhawks to turn the puck over... I mean, how many odd-man rushes did we get last night? It seems the Hawks were being overwhelmed by our puck pursuit.

Jiggy played well enough for us to win. Came up with some big saves and that's all that matters. I've stayed out of this ridiculous Giggy vs. Varly war going on... I support BOTH goalies and will cheer for which ever one gives us a chance to win.

You just have to wonder how this team does with Duchene back in the fold. Last night's game sure gave me hope for the season.
+1 for this, i think our goaltending tandem is great. Varly has some serious talent but i think he needs conditioning. I keep forgetting he has never played more than 40 games in a year. Giggy has been as good as any starter in the league. If the Avs ended up in 8th id hate to play a best of 7 against Giggy.

I think Hejduk and Duch will be paired together, not sure who the third guy will be, but anything to keep Stats and Jones together. Gali should be back on that Stats line as well.

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
  #637
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,566
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
+1 for this, i think our goaltending tandem is great. Varly has some serious talent but i think he needs conditioning. I keep forgetting he has never played more than 40 games in a year. Giggy has been as good as any starter in the league. If the Avs ended up in 8th id hate to play a best of 7 against Giggy.

I think Hejduk and Duch will be paired together, not sure who the third guy will be, but anything to keep Stats and Jones together. Gali should be back on that Stats line as well.
All I know is when Duchene gets back I want him at Centre but thats just me. Duchene with Mueller and Hejduk works for me. Stazz with Jones and Gali works for me. ROR with Lando and Parise also works for me.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  #638
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 14,374
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
All I know is when Duchene gets back I want him at Centre but thats just me. Duchene with Mueller and Hejduk works for me. Stazz with Jones and Gali works for me. ROR with Lando and Parise also works for me.
That's something I would really like to see.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
  #639
Razor29
0-0-0
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,409
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
No, I would seriously take a selfish 50-goal scorer instead of a #7 d-man, who's pretty much useless, but says that he does it for the team.
Try comparing apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

That's like saying you would take a guy like Semin over a guy like Hunwick.

Well duh.

A better comparison is taking a guy like Semin over a guy like Kovalchuk.

Semin is selfish, Kovalchuk is not. Both have talent, but only one tries all the time.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
  #640
Razor29
0-0-0
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,409
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
Looks like a car is driving directly at the one in the middle and the other two look like a pane of glass is being pressed up against their faces.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
  #641
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 50
Ladies have good taste. ROR , Lando and Gali are def. the best looking on the team.

agentblack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
  #642
foppagirl21
Registered User
 
foppagirl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Ladies have good taste. ROR , Lando and Gali are def. the best looking on the team.
Don't forget Wilson. My friend loves him. And no, my friend is NOT me, lol.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:08 PM
  #643
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
All I know is when Duchene gets back I want him at Centre but thats just me. Duchene with Mueller and Hejduk works for me. Stazz with Jones and Gali works for me. ROR with Lando and Parise also works for me.
I'm anticipating a total board meltdown this summer if the Avs don't get this guy.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:12 PM
  #644
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Ladies have good taste. ROR , Lando and Gali are def. the best looking on the team.
Stastny, Mueller, and Duchene are disappointed in you

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:22 PM
  #645
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,377
vCash: 500
Baha, I was just about to come in here and post that pic.

We need O'Reilly for the next 15 years, lets hope that she doesn't get near him. Could end in far too much affection (snoo-snoo).

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
  #646
Freaky Styley
Registered User
 
Freaky Styley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
should post this on the main board.. could be nice in some photoshops

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.