HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why all the logo changes?

Old
02-09-2012, 02:36 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

vCash: 500
Why all the logo changes?

The kings were part of the original expansion. 3 of the 6 teams in that expansion still have their original logos. They are the flyers, blues, and penguins. One team, the seals, no longer exists. The other team, the north stars, moved from minny to Dallas and had to change their logo to reflect the move. The kings, IMO, should have a logo rich in history just like the flyers, pens, and blues. All these logo changes over the years have deprived the kings of that history. Our colors are always changing as well. I feel the team has no identity. It's sad....

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41270

Last edited by jonrazor12: 02-09-2012 at 02:50 AM.
jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:40 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
The kings were part of the original expansion. 3 of the 6 teams in that expansion still have their original logos. They are the flyers, blues, and penguins. One team, the seals, no longer exists. The other team, the north stars, moved from minny to Dallas and had to change their logo to reflect the move. The kings, IMO, should have a logo rich in history just like the flyers, pens, and blues. All these logo changes over the years have deprived the kings of that history. Our colors are always changing as well. I feel the team has no identity. It's sad....
bit it sells jerseys

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Fishhead

Quote:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41270
The Pens have had nearly as many logos as the Kings. They've had lettering, a skating penguin, a penguin logo, etc.

The Flyers have never changed, even their alts are a variation of their main logo. The Blues have been pretty much the same. They did have that ugly horn one a few years back, IIRC, and one with the Arch on it.

I'm not sure what it has to do with identity, though. Teams are usually rich in history because of what they have accomplished, not because of their sweaters. The Kings haven't accomplished squat, hence the lack of history

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:55 AM
Aussie King

Go back to purple and gold!

Aussie King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
Their current sweaters are great, but they should start scoring goals . ..
I just think about to buy an away sweater of the current one.

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:44 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
The Pens have had nearly as many logos as the Kings. They've had lettering, a skating penguin, a penguin logo, etc.

The Flyers have never changed, even their alts are a variation of their main logo. The Blues have been pretty much the same. They did have that ugly horn one a few years back, IIRC, and one with the Arch on it.

I'm not sure what it has to do with identity, though. Teams are usually rich in history because of what they have accomplished, not because of their sweaters. The Kings haven't accomplished squat, hence the lack of history
This. The Pens have had nearly as many color scheme and logo changes as the Kings, plus you can add Minnesota/Dallas to the list of teams that changed logos as well. They changed their logo a year or two before the move to Dallas to the Stars logo they used for years after the move.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

The penguins logos have pretty much stayed the same. Slight variations. But pretty much the same. The Kings logo has zero resemblance to its original logo or any other for that matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Penguins

scroll down on link above to views pitt's logos.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
damacles1156

Does it matter ? The Kings have never won anything under any LOGO, Jersey style, what have you.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

A Kings logo filled with a history of losing. Plus the new logo and colors look 1000x better.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
The penguins logos have pretty much stayed the same. Slight variations. But pretty much the same. The Kings logo has zero resemblance to its original logo or any other for that matter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Penguins

scroll down on link above to views pitt's logos.
If you're saying those logos are all pretty much the same, then so is the Kings logo. It may be a different looking crown, but it's still a crown.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
The alternate (3rd) jersey should've been the Forum blue and gold.

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Does it matter ? The Kings have never won anything under any LOGO, Jersey style, what have you.
They won their only Division and Conference Championships wearing the black/silver/white w/ the chevron logo.

I feel the chevy logo is very underrated by Kings fans. It is a pretty good looking logo - and having a silver/gray background, it looked good on both the black and the white jerseys.

It's a lot better than the current home plate logo, but then again so is the oil stain in my garage.

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:57 AM
kingscourt26

I hate their new logo. It has no character, it just totes that it's LA. It's like it was almost made to please the LA pride group of non-hockey fans and/or gang members.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 04:19 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Should've stuck with the crown logo or at least the coat of arms logo

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 10:48 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

It's done mainly to tick off the diehard fans...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
It's done mainly to tick off the diehard fans...
\end thread

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

I hate the Lakers but I would support purple and piss if the Kings decided to go back to that scheme.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:03 PM
backhander

who cares. just win the cup or how about a few games.

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 02:09 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
who cares. just win the cup or how about a few games.
Or at least score some goals.

Ive been following the Kings and hockey for about 12 years now, so i never really saw much of the old logos and jerseys, but my personal favorites were the 2002-2007 jerseys with the shield. Then new jerseys are ok, but nothing too special

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote