HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where to hang out in St. Louis?

Old
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman79 View Post
Get back in school (do whatever it takes. 2 birds/1 stone.)
This! This! And This! Surprised noone else has mentioned this yet....Anyways you're only 21 kid, and finishing school is something I promise you that you'll never regret. I don't care how bad of time you had your first go at college or what the excuse is...Get your arse back in school! Not only will it improve your career and lifestyle for the future, but it is the absolute best way for someone your age to find new friends and improve their social life. Not to mention go up to Meramec or UMSL on a busy day and just walk around. Guarantee you will see tons of cuties just looking for a guy like you to talk to....Seriously try it!

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:12 AM
SoulChaser17

I would love to go to UMSL, but I need money. In order to get money, I need a job. That's my first priority. I really just need to get my life a little more secure before I try to go back to school.

I liked the idea of volunteering. I love animals. Specifically cats. I looked online and found something like that. But the internet isn't always reliable, how else can I get into volunteering with animals?

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulChaser17 View Post
I would love to go to UMSL, but I need money. In order to get money, I need a job. That's my first priority. I really just need to get my life a little more secure before I try to go back to school.

I liked the idea of volunteering. I love animals. Specifically cats. I looked online and found something like that. But the internet isn't always reliable, how else can I get into volunteering with animals?
Its pretty easy to get student loans.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

Just look up the location of your nearest Humane Society, walk in the door, and ask how you can volunteer.

Also, just an fyi, not many cuties work at the animal shelter. BUT when you meet a cutie and tell her you volunteer with animals....

Oh yeah, and listen to Love Line on 105.7 The Point. It'll make you realize that while what your dealing with no doubt SUCKS, it could be worse. WAY, WAY WORSE.

Last edited by bluemandan: 02-09-2012 at 11:44 AM.
bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
theusedinstl

Nellie Glenns on Gravois is a nice 3am bar, but a little further away then Gittos. Cafe Affton is always good for weekend Blues games. If you want cheap drinks go to Friendlys during any STL game and they have real good deals on drinks and game food (hot dogs, burgers, nachos) but you probably wont find any good looking gitls unless its a weekend.

theusedinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
SteenMachine

http://www.volunteermatch.org/

Literally hundreds of different things to choose from.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:

Do you have your Associates degree? If not, go to Meramec and apply for FAFSA. At one point, they gave me so much help I was actually being paid to go to school there. No joke, and Meramec is a great place to get your prerequisites. Maybe sign-up for Summer courses if you can. Good luck!

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:52 PM
SoulChaser17

Hey I found a friend to go with me to places, but he's 20. Bars will still let him in, right? Just mark him or something so he can't drink? He's gonna be my wing man/designated driver.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hey I found a friend to go with me to places, but he's 20. Bars will still let him in, right? Just mark him or something so he can't drink? He's gonna be my wing man/designated driver.
depends on the bar, just check ahead of time

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Stillflexin*

Quote:
No for the most part, you need to be 21 to go into bars, clubs are a different story and most are 18+.

Stillflexin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Benighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
No for the most part, you need to be 21 to go into bars, clubs are a different story and most are 18+.
Yup. Imo the best option for that scenario is club 15. Tonnnns of girls there in your age group and your buddie can get in.

Benighted is offline   Reply With Quote