HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Harry Zolnierczyk sent to the Phantoms.

Old
02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
Harry Zolnierczyk sent to the Phantoms.

Harry Zolnierczyk has been sent to the Adirondack Phantoms today.

Phantoms are scheduled to practice in Voorhees Thursday (tomorrow) at 11:00 a.m. ET.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://gcobb.com/2012/02/08/harry-zo...-the-phantoms/

Quote:
The Flyers announced and CSNPhilly reported today that they would be loaning Harry Zolnierczyk to the Adirondack Phantoms. There was no indication whether this would be just a weekend stint to give him playing time or if they expected to have him back soon, but with Tom Sestito still in the line-up and Danny Briere back from a concussion, it’s questionable how much playing time he would actually receive if he remained here.

Harry Z has three goals and five points through 36 games this season compared to Sestito’s one assist in ten games. It’s a toss-up as to which player “deserves” to be with the Flyers, as both players have shown they can be beneficial to the team in different roles. Harry Z is much quicker than Sestito, but Sestito has size and nastiness to his advantage.

In terms of development, it could help Zolnierczyk to spend some time with the Phantoms as he works on improving his game. He would earn much more ice time, especially with newly acquired forward Matt Ford away from the team this weekend to deal with a family issue. It’s no secret that the Phantoms need help with scoring depth too, so there’s a mutual benefit in the move.

Another factor to consider is that this is his first season playing hockey in any kind of professional league. This is about the time of year when rookies usually hit a wall in production. Sestito, who is the same age, has at least spent the last few years playing between the AHL and NHL already. He knows the drill.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-08-2012 at 07:06 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:04 PM
BillDineen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Harry Zolnierczyk has been sent to the Adirondack Phantoms today.

Phantoms are scheduled to practice in Voorhees Thursday (tomorrow) at 11:00 a.m. ET.
Only good part about this is Sestito stays up and fills Shelley's spot in the lineup.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
good move. I expect him to be back in time for the playoffs. Sestito is a much better fit on that 4th line

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
So long, sweet prince.

02-08-2012, 06:49 PM
ninetynine*

Good! I don't want a young, developing player in the press box and quite honestly he hasn't been very good. Team-worst -11, fringe play, etc.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:22 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Much better to dress Rinaldo or Sestito over him. This team needs their size. Best of luck to Harry though

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Flyerfan4life

ive gotta admit i doubt id even notice him gone...

did he play recently ??? hes been that inviso if he has been playing.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Much better to dress Rinaldo or Sestito over him. This team needs their size. Best of luck to Harry though
Harry Z and Rinaldo are the exact same size.

Better for Harry Z to get some minutes and plus his cap hit is nearly double the other two.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
He kind of lost his spot because of the way Rinaldo has played and the toughness and grit of Sestito. I really want to know why Jody Shelley has not been waived. I understood last year because there wasn't a lot of muscle on the team and blah blah blah, same thing with the beginning of this year. But with Rinaldo and Sestito (and to a lesser extent Simmonds) Shelley is just...well...to quote Mike Rupp...irrelevant.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:54 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
He kind of lost his spot because of the way Rinaldo has played and the toughness and grit of Sestito. I really want to know why Jody Shelley has not been waived. I understood last year because there wasn't a lot of muscle on the team and blah blah blah, same thing with the beginning of this year. But with Rinaldo and Sestito (and to a lesser extent Simmonds) Shelley is just...well...to quote Mike Rupp...irrelevant.

One word: Jam

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
It's so true. It actually made me pretty sad to see that on 24/7 haha. Shelley does seem like such a nice guy; it's got to be tough knowing that you really are irrelevant (and everyone knows it). Basically what I'm saying, is that I hope Jody is taking it well haha.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Z is basically Powe v2.0

He'll most likely have a good NHL career as a solid 4th liner, with speed, who can kill penalties

Old
02-09-2012, 08:43 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Z is basically Powe v2.0

He'll most likely have a good NHL career as a solid 4th liner, with speed, who can kill penalties
Good comparison. Both skate like the wind. Powe was a better hitter, and better defensively, but I'd say Z has flashes of more offense. Powe had stone hands.

Old
02-09-2012, 08:46 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Good comparison. Both skate like the wind. Powe was a better hitter, and better defensively, but I'd say Z has flashes of more offense. Powe had stone hands.
I miss Powe. He was one of my favorites. I'd take him over Harry Z every day. Not a knock on HZ, I was just a huge Powe fan.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:48 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Z is basically Powe v2.0

He'll have to learn to play a better game positionally for that. Powe is very solid defensively, both on the pk and on even strength. Scrabbles can hopefully develop that side of the game now that he's back in the AHL. He also needs to stock up a bit. Powe's built like a brick house, even if Scrabbles doesn't get the same frame he could use to add a few pounds if he's gonna play the way he's doing right now.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:57 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
I miss Powe. He was one of my favorites. I'd take him over Harry Z every day. Not a knock on HZ, I was just a huge Powe fan.
Yea me too. I was the one who started the Graham Central Station "Pow!" video stuff; and managed to get it played at the stadium one time haha. It.was.awesome!

Old
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
He'll have to learn to play a better game positionally for that. Powe is very solid defensively, both on the pk and on even strength. Scrabbles can hopefully develop that side of the game now that he's back in the AHL. He also needs to stock up a bit. Powe's built like a brick house, even if Scrabbles doesn't get the same frame he could use to add a few pounds if he's gonna play the way he's doing right now.
Z is a rookie. Powe was nothing spectacular his rookie year either.

Give him some time

Old
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Z is a rookie. Powe was nothing spectacular his rookie year either.

Give him some time
True. Powe also had a full season in the AHL behind him, whereas Zolnierczyk comes pretty much straight from the NCAA.

Just saying that if Zolnierczyk wants to be a regular player in the NHL he has a few things he needs to work on.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote