HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How would you feel if ...

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 12:12 PM
SensRbest

vCash: 500
How would you feel if ...

the Trashers won the Cup, the way they are playing at the moment, it is a bit scary, could you imagine Hossa and Heatley. Hossa would be "Hell, I didn't even think this team could make the playoffs, and the Sens Mgt trade me and we win the CUP !!!!" Heatley, "What the Hell happened, we were doing so well with the Sens, so glad I left Atlanta for a winning team who is a cup contender, if I would have known I would have stayed put".

You know guys this could happen

Old
01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'd be happy for Hossa.

He deserves a Cup.

I'd be upset because our team has the potential to win one, but then again, so do another dozen or so teams.

Atlanta isn't necessarily rebuilding for the future. Their schedule is to start competing right away. Savard, Bondra, Steffan, De Vries, Hossa, these guys have been around for awhile. In fact, their team may have an older average age than ours.

Ottawa's in a somewhat enviable position of being competitive while still being very young. We'll see if that works out in the post-season, and whether we'll be able to retain a big chunk of our team over the next couple of years.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:18 PM
jamiebez

Not with that blueline of theirs....

Seriously, Kovalchuk has yet to play a playoff game, and we're already seeing signs of fewer penalties over the last month or so. For a guy who accumulates so many points on the PP, will he be as dominant in the playoffs? Don't know.

I think they'll make it, though, and could be good for an upset if they can get into a run-and-gun type of series. But that doesn't make them a Cup favorite.

If they can keep Hossa and Kovalchuk, Lehtonen turns out as good as advertised, and they secure a little more blueline depth, they could be a serious contender next year, IMO.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:20 PM
sensruletheworld

Nah...to me the thrashers are the sens 5 years ago...lots of talent but no experience, a shaky defence, and bad goaltending. This is not their time yet.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Sens Rule

I would be really disappointed if any Eastern team wins the cup besides Ottawa. The only satisfaction I can have this year aside from a Sens Cup victory is for a Sens loss in the Final in 6 or 7 games anything else and I am very unhappy.

But Atlanta is a good team. Possibly the best forwards in the NHL or in the top 3 or 4. They have a chance for sure but I don;t see them beating the Sens in a best of 7 whenever in the playoffs it happens. They can beat us but beat us in 4 out of 7 I don't think so. Their Defence is weak and Hasek is our goalie.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensruletheworld
Nah...to me the thrashers are the sens 5 years ago...lots of talent but no experience, a shaky defence, and bad goaltending. This is not their time yet.
When did you saw the last Thrashers game?

Goaltending has been very solid, since Garnett lead the team slowly into playoff contention. In 2006 the Thrashers have giving up an average three goals per game and Lehtonen and Garnett weren't responsible for most of the goals. The defense is the archilles heel.

Holik+ Kozlov+ DeVries= 5 Stanley Cups

Most of the veterans have tons of experience in the playoffs. Guys like Mellanby, Bondra and Havelid have already reached the Stanley Cup finals in there carrer.

To say the Thrashers lack experience isn't a valid point.
------------------------------------
I'm a Sens and Thrashers fan and you can imagine that I would happy, if one of them wins the Cup.

Old
01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kärppä32

Goaltending has been very solid, since Garnett lead the team slowly into playoff contention. In 2006 the Thrashers have giving up an average three goals per game and Lehtonen and Garnett weren't responsible for most of the goals. The defense is the archilles heel.

Most of the veterans have tons of experience in the playoffs. Guys like Mellanby, Bondra and Havelid have already reached the Stanley Cup finals in there carrer.

I'm a Sens and Thrashers fan and you can imagine that I would happy, if one of them wins the Cup.
If you think that Garnett will lead the Thrashers to the promised land...

Old
01-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havlat9
Garnett came out of nowhere and stepped up big time and for some Thrashers fans he's the midseason MVP. Lehtonen will be the #1 goaltender for the remainder of the seaon and when Dunham comes back the team will probably send him to Chicago. Kari is the man that will lead the Thrashers to the promised land (Stanley Cup) in the future. At least I hope so...hehe.

Unless the Thrashers manage to upgrade their defense, I don't see them not going far in the off-season or even getting there.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Bytown

Quote:
Garnett came out of nowhere and stepped up big time and for some Thrashers fans he's the midseason MVP. Lehtonen will be the #1 goaltender for the remainder of the seaon and when Dunham comes back the team will probably send him to Chicago. Kari is the man that will lead the Thrashers to the promised land (Stanley Cup) in the future. At least I hope so...hehe.

Unless the Thrashers manage to upgrade their defense, I don't see them not going far in the off-season or even getting there.
Still 3-5 years away.It does not happan over night.

Old
01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Don Draper

i would feel the same way if any other team besides Ottawa won the cup: Pissed

Old
01-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensRbest
the Trashers won the Cup, the way they are playing at the moment, it is a bit scary, could you imagine Hossa and Heatley. Hossa would be "Hell, I didn't even think this team could make the playoffs, and the Sens Mgt trade me and we win the CUP !!!!" Heatley, "What the Hell happened, we were doing so well with the Sens, so glad I left Atlanta for a winning team who is a cup contender, if I would have known I would have stayed put".

You know guys this could happen
Were you the poster that dreamed on Christmas Eve that you were in contract talks with Zdeno Chara and Wade Redden?

I liked that person. Funny stuff.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
The Sneak

File this thread under N for Not going to happen

However, the fact that you guys would even talk about something like this makes me all warm and fuzzy. History has provided a couple out of nowhere stories where down teams made a big playoff run. The NE Patriots in football, Calgary Flames from the last season (they picked one spot behind the Thrashers the year before their Cup run), and our own Atlanta Braves back in the day but I would be VERY surprised to see this occur.

If we make a couple deadline deals to solidify our blue line, get Holik and Bondra back from injury and Lehtonen finds his groove (he's essentially just finishing with training camp for this year)? I wouldn't want to have to play us.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:11 PM
bert

Quote:

You are right to much credit to the Thrashers the sens of 5 years ago won the division.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I think I was the only one smiling when Hossa killed us.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup
I think I was the only one smiling when Hossa killed us.
There was two of us.

Old
01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
bert

I smiled too, but that was mostly because of all the Hossa bashing that has gone around in Ottawa and on message boards like this one. I was defenitely upset by the result but Hossa is one of my favorite players and I was happy for him.

Old
01-13-2006, 03:28 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
You are right to much credit to the Thrashers the sens of 5 years ago won the division.
Well the season ain't over today.

Old
01-13-2006, 03:54 AM
psycho_dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havlat9
Garnett wont (he has not been playing much since Lehtonen got back), Lehtonen just might do it. Not with their current blueline though, they are seriously hanging him out to dry. If they can add something serious to their blueline, they can be contenders. When Bondra returns they have a very mean offense.

Closed Thread