HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
@Canadian Ghost
1 well played WJC from Gallagher does NOT mean he will be in the NHL some day ..

Some examples of players who played well at the WJC, but didn't amount to much...
Lauri Tukonen, Stanislav Lascek, Patrik Bartschi, Igor Grigorenko,
Yuri Trubachev

I see the same thing happening with Mark Stone, like he is already
a write in to be a premier goal scorer in the NHL.
Oh boy!! You found some guys who didn't turn out? Want me to provide a list of players who DID?
I'm sure I can find way more that did than you can find who didn't.

Old
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So now we base players value off their draft position? I guess Datsyuk can be had for a 6th then...

You really don't have a clue who Gallagher is, do?
Even the people (like me) who know Gallagher wouldnt do this trade because no one wants Gomez eating 11.5% of teams salary cap

Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'd rather stick with Gomez than give the Leafs' their best prospect.

I'm sure we could send him down. Well, I'd have the balls to do that.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:41 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Oh boy!! You found some guys who didn't turn out? Want me to provide a list of players who DID?
I'm sure I can find way more that did than you can find who didn't.
Oh boy!! you took my post out of context!! All I was trying to prove was Gallagher is no sure-shot NHL lock, which the guy I was replying to was stating. But if you want to waist your time digging up players who have succeeded after the WJC, then go ahead. Whatever it takes so I don't have to read your junk posts anymore.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:43 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
@Canadian Ghost
1 well played WJC from Gallagher does NOT mean he will be in the NHL some day ..

Some examples of players who played well at the WJC, but didn't amount to much...
Lauri Tukonen, Stanislav Lascek, Patrik Bartschi, Igor Grigorenko, Yuri Trubachev

I see the same thing happening with Mark Stone, like he is already a write in to be a premier goal scorer in the NHL.
Its more than 1 WJC. Its his play in the WHL as well. He is WAY over a PPG. He was a steal to get in the fifth round..

Old
02-09-2012, 03:44 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Its more than 1 WJC. Its his play in the WHL as well. He is WAY over a PPG. He was a steal to get in the fifth round..
No doubt, I'm not saying he is going to be bust or anything. He was one of my favourite players at the juniors, and I would love to have him in the leafs system. I was just trying to say that he isn't a sure shot at the NHL just because of a WJC performance, and some point totals in junior.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Actually I disagree. Gallager is a decent prospect. AND you want us to take your cast offs....

Like I said, Habs Pass. They will just bury Gomez if needed.
How is Lombardi a cast off? I find it hilarious that hab fans are out right shutting this deal down and the Leaf fans who came on here to say no way!! are just blown away by the Habs fans reactions. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, some how Leaf fans have gotten a rep of over valuing their players while Hab fans have slipped under the radar but man oh man they are by far the worst!! with EDM, NYI and TML all tied for 2nd. I can't stand posters who just look at the stat sheet of a player and say bla bla bla and have no idea about the guy. 1. Komi has been playing pretty good its just that the Leafs D is really deep right now. 2. Lombardi's speed is a huge asset and if given more opportunities and time with better finishers Lombardi's # will climb. I still think a line of Lombardi-Connolly-Kadri will make a sweet 3rd line. Also to the poster saying that Lombardi would slot in as the Habs 4th C you may want to look at the fact that Lombardi is a winger as well.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

I'd rather just bury Gomez than include Gallagher to get rid of him. Lombardi(hometown boy) is decent when healthy but I don't want to see Komisarek back here.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
No wonder Montreal is such a bad team, they are offered a lopsided deal in their favor, and they reject it hard.

Lombardi and Komisarek are contributors to a playoff bound team right now.

Gomez is the worst contract in the league, and Gallagher is an ok prospect at best (he scores a lot, but in the WHL so do a lot of people)

Montreal would win this deal hands down and Toronto says hell no.

You mean when not being a healthy scratch?? Or injured again?

Old
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Beakermania*

No thanks.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
No wonder Montreal is such a bad team, they are offered a lopsided deal in their favor, and they reject it hard.

Lombardi and Komisarek are contributors to a playoff bound team right now.

Gomez is the worst contract in the league, and Gallagher is an ok prospect at best (he scores a lot, but in the WHL so do a lot of people)

Montreal would win this deal hands down and Toronto says hell no.
Neither team touches this deal. Gallagher was one of the last cuts at camp and has only improved. I think you have the WHL mixed up with the Q from yester year.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
And then remain in 14th in the east lol
At least we have our pick

Old
02-09-2012, 04:01 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
That is the plan actually. Worse would be better. I don't believe the mighty Komi will put us a whole lot higher, but I could be wrong.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
No doubt, I'm not saying he is going to be bust or anything. He was one of my favourite players at the juniors, and I would love to have him in the leafs system. I was just trying to say that he isn't a sure shot at the NHL just because of a WJC performance, and some point totals in junior.
The only players that produce this much and don't make it are usually one dimensional skaters that can't skate of play D, well Gallagher doesn't have a problem here so yea at worst he's a consistent 20g-20a player that bring energy every time he's on the ice, but if he keeps learning and improving he will no doubt be better than that.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
You mean when not being a healthy scratch?? Or injured again?
I lol'd profusely. I did the same when I saw the trade proposal.

Sure no from both sides. Toronto doesn't want Gomez's contract and Habs don't want to give up Gallagher (who was, to remind some, arguably the best Hab during the pre-season, played well in the WJC and is killing it in general in the WHL).

Old
02-09-2012, 04:05 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
The only players that produce this much and don't make it are usually one dimensional skaters that can't skate of play D, well Gallagher doesn't have a problem here so yea at worst he's a consistent 20g-20a player that bring energy every time he's on the ice, but if he keeps learning and improving he will no doubt be better than that.
You forgot to mention he is 5'9" and 180 lbs, room to grow but I wouldn't be pencilling the kid as a 20-20 player just yet.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
You forgot to mention he is 5'9" and 180 lbs, room to grow but I wouldn't be pencilling the kid as a 20-20 player just yet.
So? Being big in this league isn't even that big of a factor anymore (check Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, St-Louis, Ennis, etc.). He's still arguably the best player (for the future) in the deal; Lombardi's always injured, Komisarek's useless as usual and Gomez is Gomez.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:09 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
How is Lombardi a cast off? I find it hilarious that hab fans are out right shutting this deal down and the Leaf fans who came on here to say no way!! are just blown away by the Habs fans reactions. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, some how Leaf fans have gotten a rep of over valuing their players while Hab fans have slipped under the radar but man oh man they are by far the worst!! with EDM, NYI and TML all tied for 2nd. I can't stand posters who just look at the stat sheet of a player and say bla bla bla and have no idea about the guy. 1. Komi has been playing pretty good its just that the Leafs D is really deep right now. 2. Lombardi's speed is a huge asset and if given more opportunities and time with better finishers Lombardi's # will climb. I still think a line of Lombardi-Connolly-Kadri will make a sweet 3rd line. Also to the poster saying that Lombardi would slot in as the Habs 4th C you may want to look at the fact that Lombardi is a winger as well.

This year is a write off for the Habs, even IF the Habs would be better with Komi and Lombardi which I am not so sure of, it still would not be worth giving up Gallager.

This is where you Leaf fans make me laugh. If it were a real salary dump then maybe. But you are dumping your bad contracts on The Habs too. AND you want to get a good prospect.

TBH its laughable.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
So? Being big in this league isn't even that big of a factor anymore (check Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, St-Louis, Ennis, etc.). He's still arguably the best player (for the future) in the deal; Lombardi's always injured, Komisarek's useless as usual and Gomez is Gomez.
This deal makes no sense for the habs I'm not arguing that. I just get ticked when people say that player x is going to be in NHL for sure because he had a good WJC and is kicking ass in Junior. I have already said this multiple times and now I'm starting to sound like a broken record, so back to the OP.
both teams say no

Old
02-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I wouldn't be interested in Komisarek or Lombardi for the Habs. They are ok players. But if I had the money they make to spend on bringing new players to the team, I'd try to find ones who could make a bigger impact and offer better odds of improving the team more than they could. And if I didn't have that much money to spend, I'd figure I could pretty easily find similar-calibre depth players for a lot less on the UFA market.

The Habs have options for removing the Gomez contract which don't involve them needing to trade for other teams' bad contracts, nor giving up any futures elements.

As for Gallagher, he has an uphill battle. I have to admit that I was not a fan of his from his first post-draft season. I thought he was too small and not quite quick enough to make up for it, despite his cute feistiness. But then this season, much moreso in the Habs' training camp and exhibition season than in the WJC, Gallagher really showed that he could hold his own. Another small offensive contributor is not exactly what the Habs need up front, but I feel like Gallagher really showed in the exhibition games that he wasn't out of place as an NHL candidate. He played right up to the end. Some Habs fans thought he should have made the team based on his play, but I think it was the right call to send him back to junior and let him continue to progress. He was ok in the WJC, but that didn't really prove anything. Anyway, when the Habs drafted him, I spent about 15 months assuming he'd be a long shot who would probably never make it. But based on this year's training camp, I'll now be surprised if he doesn't make it. He's a good prospect. I wouldn't trade him for a late 1st round pick in this year's draft, for example. Definitely wouldn't give him up just to escape the Gomez albatross.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Please - Gauthier would be immediately fired if he turned this deal down.

You give up nothing!
The best player in the deal, Gallagher

I'd rather keep Gomez, believe me

Old
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Turned out great for you guys, oh no wait.....

Old
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Gallagher is a sure shot NHL player, most likely a good second liner, absolutely no chance on this deal happening from a MTL POV, I'd rather trade guys like Beaulieu, Leblanc and Tinordi than Galllagher but not from such a crappy proposal.
The only players in this trade at the current time that are not sure shot NHL players are the players coming to toronto. Komisarek and Lombardi both have jobs elsewhere if the leafs decide to move them for w.e the cost. Gallagher goes back to junior and Gomez is currently an AHLer at best.

Habs fans need to pull their heads out of where ever they've got them stuffed. I'll pretty much assure you that Lombardi even if hes not completely healthy yet is and will be 10 times better then Gomez and gallagher. Yes gallagher has made some strides to becoming an NHLer, but how are we to know what kind of NHLer? From watching the WJC he doesnt posess a standout characteristic or any form of unique skillset to guarantee him an NHL role. Gallagher "MAY" pan out if all goes well. However if we look at players like Kozun, who had the same impact in the WJC as Gallagher will most likely amount to nothing. Best case scenario for Montreal is they get a gerbe type player. Yet gerbe still struggles to move up from the bottom lines and is forced to play a more gritty aggrivating role. Even with that said Gerbe is much more talented with the puck then Gallagher.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
At least we have our pick

Really? Any how Gallagher is a 7.5D , A D means that he is highly unlikely to reach his potential. And to say he is the Habs best prospect is out to lunch, If the Leafs HAD to take Gomez and give you guys Komi and Lombardi which I sure as hell wouldn't I'd at least ask for Kristo or Avstin or even Leblanc. What makes this soooo funny is in reality it would be maybe a 5th or 6th from the Leafs for Gomez and Kristo. Kristo would be the cost of taking Gomez. But again in Habland any player/prospect they have is amazing and that offer is horrible lol

Old
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewbert View Post
Sure Lombardi and Komisarek are good. Not stars, but they're good. Would fit better on Montreal than Toronto
No they are overpaid and not good. With that said, wouldn't it just be easier for the Habs to bury Gomez in the minors and hold onto their valued prospect rather than take on two bad contracts?

Its easier to bury Gomez in the AHL than to bury both Komi and Lombardi in the AHL.

Closed Thread