HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

View Poll Results: Which would you draft this upcoming summer?
Mikhail Grigorenko 53 42.40%
Nail Yakupov 54 43.20%
Other 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I agree, who knows, maybe something like Gionta and the 6th overall for the 2nd overall. Hemsky is a UFA and Gagner stole Newgent-Hopkin's line mates.

Oh, and meanwhile excuse me while I throw up at the idea of drafting another defensmen. I'm a BPA type fan, but with a top 5 pick, I think you can go with needs...
I doubt Gionta would waive a NTC to go there.

I could see one of young d-men.

Beaulieu and 6th to 8th for #2 or 3 plus #32-33.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:59 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I doubt Gionta would waive a NTC to go there.

I could see one of young d-men.

Beaulieu and 6th to 8th for #2 or 3 plus #32-33.
I would do that deal in a split second... although, I think I would prefer dealing Tinordi...

Old
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I would do that deal in a split second... although, I think I would prefer dealing Tinordi...
Tonordi to me had a better WJC than Beaulieu, he was the best player on the USA team. But I get what you're saying as I think Nathan has Pietrangelo potential.

Just wanted to say it's pretty close right now between the 2 of them.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Tribu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Some highlights of Filip Forsberg

Thanks for the vid! He seems like a very agile skater with a lot of skill. His shot against Latvia was a good showcase of it. I would take him before Galechnyuk tbh.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Protest the Hero

I think we need to add two highly offensive guys to our prospect pool to really complete it, hopefully without trading any other parts away.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
He was on the bench watching MacInnis and Suter. Don't know what games you were watching but Reinhart was not used ahead of one of the greatest D pairings in the history of the game.
Check out the TOI and figure it out from that,especially the last minutes of each period. Bob Johnson trusted him in every situation and he was one of the fastest skaters on both teams.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Depending who is still out there, we should not have ANY PROBLEMS going with a d-man. 'Cause frankly, whether it's Dumba or Trouba, those guys have the ability to become our #1 d-man in prospect as far as most complete d-men are concerned. Ahead of Tinordi because of his lack of offensive game, whether it's Beaulieu for his on-going work with his defensive game. We will not be adding Trouba and Dumba and they'd be in the middle of our pool. They'd be right up there. Nothing wrong with that.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Depending who is still out there, we should not have ANY PROBLEMS going with a d-man. 'Cause frankly, whether it's Dumba or Trouba, those guys have the ability to become our #1 d-man in prospect as far as most complete d-men are concerned. Ahead of Tinordi because of his lack of offensive game, whether it's Beaulieu for his on-going work with his defensive game. We will not be adding Trouba and Dumba and they'd be in the middle of our pool. They'd be right up there. Nothing wrong with that.
We'll probably end up with 6th overall, and those two will likely be gone by then. If that is the case I'd go with Galchenyuk if his injury healded properly. If not, BPA.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
We'll probably end up with 6th overall, and those two will likely be gone by then. If that is the case I'd go with Galchenyuk if his injury healded properly. If not, BPA.
Well if everything goes right, the order should be something like Yakupov, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Murray, Galchenyuk, and the rest. Now it is possible that Murray falls la Larsson. And that would be my question mark. Again, I don't fault Murray for his World Junior, and out of both Ryan's, I always preferred his game to Murphy. But I just prefered Dumba and Trouba at this point. So what if it comes to us and we have a choice between Murray and Girgemsons....Honestly, that's not a easy choice. His Girgemsons this year's Kostitsyn? Though honestly, if there would be a year we could take a guess, compared to 2003, it's this year. 'Cause the 1st round is obviously NOT filled with safe and great prospects like 2003 was.

As far as where we'll finish, I have that feeling that we will be finish around 9th. Tank won't happen.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
Thanks for the vid! He seems like a very agile skater with a lot of skill. His shot against Latvia was a good showcase of it. I would take him before Galechnyuk tbh.
Not sure if I'd take Forsberg before Galchenyuk. I guess it will depend on how Galchenyuk does when he returns in a few weeks. I'd be happy with either and, to be honest, I'd take them both before Grigorenko.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
ChoseLa

I think we actualy have already two player sin the mold of Trouba and Dumba, Beaulieu and Subban. But then again when you draft that high you just go with BPA. I just hope that BPA is one of the Yapukov, Grigorenko, Forsberg or Galchenyuk.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Roulin

IMO, the fact that Murray was chosen to play against the Kuznetsov-Kohklachev-Yakupov line outweighs the fact the pucks were bouncing off his skates for goals in that game.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Halifaxhab*

I would like to see a trade to get a late 1st rd pick to draft Martin Frk. He'll fall to after 22nd at least and he would be a good fit with what we are trying to do. He has an A. Kostitsyn type skill, but is more involved physically and consistent game to game.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
zaluty

If we pick after 6 I would look at Collberg. Might be a reach but has speed and hands. Being compared to Skinner.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well if the Russians, Galchenyuk and Forsberg are gone and Dumba, Trouba and/or Murray is there, we really have no choice but to pick them. You can't pass up on that talent to draft for need. I won't be thrilled but Dumba and Murray (I know little about Trouba but I'll take your word on him) just have too much upside, I'm very interested in Faksa, Girgensens, Collberg and Hertl among others, but I just can't see seriously taking them ahead of some of the defenders, especially Dumba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
If we pick after 6 I would look at Collberg. Might be a reach but has speed and hands. Being compared to Skinner.
If we fall I hope they consider Collberg. Great skillset, not the high end potential that Forsberg has but he looks like a top 6 forward to me.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Anyone watched Radek Faksa? Opinions on him if we don't draft a D

Old
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Filip Forsberg looks great

Old
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Filip Forsberg looks great
His scoring has picked up in the last dozen games, he's now at 36gp 7g 7a 14pts. He must be getting better minutes now for Leksand? It looks like he's getting PP time now, according these recent box scores.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Anyone watched Radek Faksa? Opinions on him if we don't draft a D
Solid all around, not spectacular or flashy.

Like I've said before, think Travis Zajac.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I think we actualy have already two player sin the mold of Trouba and Dumba, Beaulieu and Subban. But then again when you draft that high you just go with BPA. I just hope that BPA is one of the Yapukov, Grigorenko, Forsberg or Galchenyuk.
Trouba is IMO that special kind of Dman potential. He's not exactly as flashy as Dumba and Subban, but he's that franchise face, captain, 30 minute in crunch time guy, type of deal.

He's probably got the highest ceiling amongst the big 3, a lot more question marks though. Rielly is probably the only one with that type of boom-or-bust potential.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Solid all around, not spectacular or flashy.

Like I've said before, think Travis Zajac.
Thanks EA

Old
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Forsberg would look great next to Eller

Old
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Trouba is IMO that special kind of Dman potential. He's not exactly as flashy as Dumba and Subban, but he's that franchise face, captain, 30 minute in crunch time guy, type of deal.

He's probably got the highest ceiling amongst the big 3, a lot more question marks though. Rielly is probably the only one with that type of boom-or-bust potential.
He reminds me of Erik Johnson/ Jack Johnson... Ironically enough...

Old
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Forsberg would look great next to Eller
He is a solid pick, the safest IMO.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:54 PM
WayneBruce

Ive seen Forsberg play quite a lot this season. His team is fighting for a SEL spot right now and they are not giving him a lot of minutes at the moment. He gets around 10 minutes/game but is often very noticable during those. He is only 17 years old, big, but not strong yet on the senior level. His offensive ability is off the charts, seems like he does something spectacular every game. His top speed is average (or slightly above) but he has very quick feet for his size. He is sometimes a bit lost defensively but thats something every junior player tend to be playing against men on big ice. Im guessing thats the main reason for his limited icetime.

Filip Forsbergs favourite player growing up was Peter Forsberg and thats the player he says he models his game after. Ive seen him numerous times try offensive hits while carrying the puck lately but he is generally not as physical as Peter, again, he needs to gain some strenght before he can add any physical presence. He builds his game on determination and is very good one on one. He also seem to time his goals perfectly, not sure how many game winning goals he has on the national teams but I would not be surprised if he holds the record for that. Something that isnt talked about much is his great personality, hes been captain for most national team tournaments. The coach of the swedish WJC team called him more mature than his own older brother (Not sure how mature his brother is though).

Its impossible for me to say where he goes in the draft since I dont watch the CHL or any other junior league but I think Forsberg could turn out to be very good in the end.

Closed Thread