HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Boston @ Buffalo - 8th Feb

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
It was good to see Kaleta get his face pounded in, but at least he actually went with Lucic. You'll never see Marchand fight someone above his class.

In the games of Boston I catch Thornton targets players who really aren't even middleweights to try and start a fight, but doesn't seem to be as motivated to seek out fights against player who would give him a run for his money.

In a game like this, you'll run out of players who can fight long before Boston does. It's not really the smartest idea to try it.

I don't get why people are hating on McQuaid. He's no slouch. He's quick to get into a fight/ defend a teammate but I've never seen him throw a sucker punch. What was great was Kaleta going off on his Why I oddas, and McQuaid didn't seem to hear, or care what he had to say. Had a calm, calm face.

Ference wouldn't fight Kaleta. He might fight Tyler Ennis, but I'm not too sure.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Thornton is probably pissed that he has to take beatings from top heavyweights so Lucic doesn't have to, so he takes it out on non fighters when he gets a chance.
LOL,ok LaraqueYour team is at the bottom now behind detroit and maybe you can draft somebody that can drop the mitts not like the pile of garbage you got now.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
It was good to see Kaleta get his face pounded in, but at least he actually went with Lucic. You'll never see Marchand fight someone above his class.

In the games of Boston I catch Thornton targets players who really aren't even middleweights to try and start a fight, but doesn't seem to be as motivated to seek out fights against player who would give him a run for his money.

In a game like this, you'll run out of players who can fight long before Boston does. It's not really the smartest idea to try it.

I don't get why people are hating on McQuaid. He's no slouch. He's quick to get into a fight/ defend a teammate but I've never seen him throw a sucker punch. What was great was Kaleta going off on his Why I oddas, and McQuaid didn't seem to hear, or care what he had to say. Had a calm, calm face.

Ference wouldn't fight Kaleta. He might fight Tyler Ennis, but I'm not too sure.

I haven't seen this, do you have any examples? His fight card says differentley.

Also, if a guy takes a run at someone, he will go over and seek them out, it's his job.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
sabres99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post

He can handle any one of those guys.

And when Kaleta plays like he doe's he gets what he gets, keep taunting and acting like a tough guy against a team like the Bruins and it will cost you.

How many times did McGuire mention it's probably not a good ideal to keep it up, 3 or 4?
lol bro, you actually listen to what Pierre McGuire has to say? seriously? srs.?

As for the fights, Boston won them all, except for the Mccormik fight which Id score as a draw. I truly wish we bring up some bigger guns for the next showdown though.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Sheppy

Quote:

http://youtu.be/pOtLskdwhCg

Old
02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres99 View Post
lol bro, you actually listen to what Pierre McGuire has to say? seriously? srs.?
My point was, even he can see that it's not smart to keep pushing the Bruins, because they will respond..

Old
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

First, Brad Marchand has no class, he's classless. I know because people on HF tell me so each and every day.

Second, might want to check out Thornton's fight card. This years is made up of:
1. Colton Orr
2. Jim Vandermeer
3. Travis Moen
4. Zenon Konopka
5. Jared Boll
6. Krys Barch
7. Cam Janssen
8. Mark Stuart
9. Mike Rupp
10. Jody Shelly
11. Chris Neil
12. Cody McCormick
13. Mike Weber

I guess the big takeaway here is, you don't actually watch the Bruins to form these opinions.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:

Just plain clueless! Open mouth insert foot.Thornton takes on all comers and is one of the most respected fighters in the league.

You should check out his fight card before you make such a ludicrous statement.

Old
02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
LOL,ok LaraqueYour team is at the bottom now behind detroit and maybe you can draft somebody that can drop the mitts not like the pile of garbage you got now.
Forgetting a team aren't we?

Old
02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. I guess nobody can ever take anything you have to say seriously again.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Ok, classless is an overstatement perhaps...

Let's just refer to it as being unnecessary, especially as Thornton was on the bench at the time...

Old
02-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

I wanted to see Chara - Kaleta. Can't someone upload the small incidents those two betweem

Old
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
Disagree. Whatever Kaleta gets, he has coming to him. I have absolutely no problem with anything that happenned to him in that game. Just wish Lucic could've landed one really clean punch, and knocked him out.
Kaleta's visor is much lower than the average visor that is there to offer eye protection. Kaleta's visor is like Ulf Samuelsson's in that it offers almost full-face protection. With that baby on I might even fight Lucic too --keep the chin tucked in and there really isn't anywhere to hit. Lucic should have ripped his helmet off, but was probably unable to wait to try and land some shots. Shame.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnisen View Post
I wanted to see Chara - Kaleta. Can't someone upload the small incidents those two betweem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA1Zq...el_video_title

Old
02-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Beantowns Best

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di_wyW1kMU8 He broke Buishes face this fight about one year ago, dont think you want to sleep on Ference, you might not wake up!

Old
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

We're done here.