HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autograph Signings

Old
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
That's the thing -- they'll let you use your own pen, you just have to be deliberate about it. I'd go with a silver metallic PAINT pen (NOT Sharpie) for the megaticket (paint is opaque and will pop evenly on any colored background but Sharpie will bleed through). Don't use Sharpie paint pens -- they are the worst and are essentially one and done (the tips dry out immediately). Decocolor makes the best, IMO. If you want everyone to sign it, go with the fine tip. Order multiple because the pens need to be primed just before use (prime it on some posterboard right before you're up for your autograph and make sure it's ready to hand it to them BEFORE you give them your item) and ever so often you get a faulty tip that doesn't saturate the paint (case in point -- last night, I had another color paint pen that I wanted to use on the stick but the tip wasn't picking up the paint, it was just dripping out the side).
Just ordered 7 of them haha. Probably excessive but oh well. Thanks for the help, man. Start of a long journey next week with Couturier, Read, Jagr, Giroux, and Briere. Plus any others I can run into during the carnival, if any.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Flyrs21

A silver sharpie is the worst marker to use on anything. The only item they can be used on are photos but even then they are not very good. Like s3x said, paint pens can be a little tricky but make the signature worth it.

A lot of these card shows/signings should really know what pens they should have and have them prepared. I took my girlfriends son to a Henrik Lundqvist signing a couple weeks ago and when her son handed him his paint pen, he even knew to shake it. He shook the pen for about 15 seconds before he signed the item.

Flyrs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrs21 View Post
A silver sharpie is the worst marker to use on anything. The only item they can be used on are photos but even then they are not very good. Like s3x said, paint pens can be a little tricky but make the signature worth it.

A lot of these card shows/signings should really know what pens they should have and have them prepared. I took my girlfriends son to a Henrik Lundqvist signing a couple weeks ago and when her son handed him his paint pen, he even knew to shake it. He shook the pen for about 15 seconds before he signed the item.
Oh, Hank. How I wish you were our goaltender. But that's super nice of him to take that sort of time for the autograph. As you might have read from my earlier post, last night, Giroux and JVR would have grabbed a pencil if it was next to them. Dynasty supplied them with black, silver, and blue sharpies. And the silvers were worthless after signing felt. G was even annoyed that I primed the tip of the paint pen once before I handed it to him... it wasn't completely saturated because I was being forced through the line. That's a lot of money for a signature... it damn well better be the way I want it.

My friend got his home Giroux jersey signed on the numbers and wanted to have it done in black. Not a chance. Before he could even make that request, G was half way done his autograph in blue.

Make sure you are deliberate about requesting a color or handing them the pen you want them to use BEFORE you give them your item to be signed.

Last edited by s3x: 02-09-2012 at 01:04 PM.
s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Only autograph signing i've ever attended personally was Cole Hamels at BC Sports. He took his time and they asked what color I wanted them to sign in. Even once I chose the color Cole suggested to use another because it would look better on the Photo.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Flyrs21

Quote:
Oh, Hank. How I wish you were our goaltender. But that's super nice of him to take that sort of time for the autograph. As you might have read from my earlier post, last night, Giroux and JVR would have grabbed a pencil if it was next to them. Dynasty supplied them with black, silver, and blue sharpies. And the silvers were worthless after signing felt. G was even annoyed that I primed the tip of the paint pen once before I handed it to him... it wasn't completely saturated because I was being forced through the line. That's a lot of money for a signature... it damn well better be the way I want it.

My friend got his home Giroux jersey signed on the numbers and wanted to have it done in black. Not a chance. Before he could even make that request, G was half way done his autograph in blue.

Make sure you are deliberate about requesting a color or handing them the pen you want them to use BEFORE you give them your item to be signed.

Yeah, one time a player used a different color marker than I wanted so ever since then I would hand them the marker first and then my item.

I know you said Giroux realized the auto was screwed up but at what point did he think it would have been a good idea to go over the auto with a blue paint pen. At least sign it in a different spot and then you could remove the crappy one.

Flyrs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:30 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrs21 View Post
Yeah, one time a player used a different color marker than I wanted so ever since then I would hand them the marker first and then my item.

I know you said Giroux realized the auto was screwed up but at what point did he think it would have been a good idea to go over the auto with a blue paint pen. At least sign it in a different spot and then you could remove the crappy one.
My thoughts exactly. I have no idea. I almost wanted to ask for my money back to be honest. He said... "I'll do it again with your pen" and I expected a different location or at least in a different direction, not directly over the other one. I might try remove it all together.

EDIT: Nail polish remover removed the silver Sharpie and left the paint... don't know how kosher that is though. Hah. I'm just going to get it all removed and attempt it again if I'm up for it -- which I'm probably not.

Last edited by s3x: 02-09-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Got my picture from Photofile today. Hoping to get it signed by Schenn at the Carnival or at some point in the near future. Looks a lot clearer in person. Very happy with it. 16x20.

EDIT: Clearer Pictures

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 02-09-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old
02-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Legion of Giroux

anyone else going to the Couturier signing next week?

Legion of Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:21 PM
cheddar56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Giroux View Post
anyone else going to the Couturier signing next week?
where when and how much

cheddar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar56 View Post
where when and how much
I'll be going. BC Sports KOP Mall 6:30-8 on Wednesday. $25 for photo/puck and $40 for "premium" items.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Legion of Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'll be going. BC Sports KOP Mall 6:30-8 on Wednesday. $25 for photo/puck and $40 for "premium" items.
cool ill be rocking a Roenick flyers 3rd jersey circa 03/04, maybe ill c u there

Legion of Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Eric Lindros

Any suggestions on the best model, color and tip-width of pen to use for autographs on wooden hockey sticks? I was thinking a medium black paint pen but not sure.

Eric Lindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:42 PM
RJNSmith

This may help you guys a lot...

http://philagraphs.com/

RJNSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

That's it, I'm doing it.

I have to meet Jagr.

It is our destiny.

OriginJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
cheddar56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJNSmith View Post

You've turned my spreadsheet into a website!

Old
02-11-2012, 12:23 AM
RJNSmith

Quote:
You've turned my spreadsheet into a website!
Just doing my best to help the Philadelphia community.

If there is something not listed there please email me through the website!

RJNSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:24 AM
cheddar56

Quote:
Just doing my best to help the Philadelphia community.

If there is something not listed there please email me through the website!
Excellent work!

Old
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lindros View Post
Any suggestions on the best model, color and tip-width of pen to use for autographs on wooden hockey sticks? I was thinking a medium black paint pen but not sure.
If you use Decocolor, for example, you'd want to use Fine (1/16"). Broad (1/8") is too wide and is mostly for filling in and Extra Fine (0.5mm) too thin. Assuming the stick has a wood finish and isn't painted, then black would probably be good, although I'm a fan of color. I'd consider a blue/ultramarine pen as well. Order a few different colors and try them out on some scrap the day of the signing (so you don't let the paint dry in the tip...) and then decide which you like best.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Eric Lindros

Quote:
If you use Decocolor, for example, you'd want to use Fine (1/16"). Broad (1/8") is too wide and is mostly for filling in and Extra Fine (0.5mm) too thin. Assuming the stick has a wood finish and isn't painted, then black would probably be good, although I'm a fan of color. I'd consider a blue/ultramarine pen as well. Order a few different colors and try them out on some scrap the day of the signing (so you don't let the paint dry in the tip...) and then decide which you like best.
Thanks for the help. I ordered 4.

You should tell that site about all the business you're getting them and see if you can get a commission.

Eric Lindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:12 PM
slitz

Quote:

if you are going to steal stuff from other fourms, at least have the decency to change it up a little bit instead of simpy cutting and pasting it into your site

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Just bought my Couturier (2/15) and Read (2/17) tickets.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:34 PM
cheddar56

Via BCSports on twitter:
Flyers forward Scott Hartnell will sign autographs at BC Sports in Moorestown Mall on 3/19 from 6:30-8pm. Tickets on bcsportsevents{DOT}com.

Old
02-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Via BCSports on twitter:
Flyers forward Scott Hartnell will sign autographs at BC Sports in Moorestown Mall on 3/19 from 6:30-8pm. Tickets on bcsportsevents{DOT}com.
Other Info:

Autograph Ticket valid for one photo or puck signature: $30
Autograph Ticket valid for one jersey or equipment signature: $40
Inscriptions: $10

Old
02-15-2012, 03:03 PM
cheddar56

Im getting Mez, Bourdon and Simmonds on friday. They are all in the same area, like 10 minutes from each other. Also, Sestito is the guest for Clements radio show at Chickie and Petes on the blvd today. They usually sign before and after.

Carnival map is also out, I believe it was posted in the carnival thread.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:06 PM
pughater

Cheddar which signing you going to first?

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote