HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedorov

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Fedorov

This may seem like a total DUH!! to most of you, but is this guy going any where in our organization? Or is he just DUHn

Old
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
This may seem like a total DUH!! to most of you, but is this guy going any where in our organization? Or is he just DUHn
I think he is a duh.

Old
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Nich

done.....to bad we couldn't mix his skills, and physical body with hollywoods heart...man he would be amazing then

Old
01-12-2006, 01:55 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I think he is a duh.

I dont know what Sather was thinking in this deal?? Sather should have asked for Nathan Smith or Jason King. Fedorov has not done anything, and he thinks he is half as good as his brother.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I dont know what Sather was thinking in this deal?? Sather should have asked for Nathan Smith or Jason King. Fedorov has not done anything, and he thinks he is half as good as his brother.
hahaha, and what would be the point of getting Smith of King?

Old
01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
hahaha, and what would be the point of getting Smith of King?

they have better stats than fedorov and dont have issues of being lazy.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:33 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
they have better stats than fedorov and dont have issues of being lazy.
You mean Jason King who has played 2 games this season? Or Nathan Smith who has 20 points in the AHL? If you suck you suck, it doesn't matter how you suck.

In terms of the Rangers, neither of these players would make an impact, and neither would Balej (as much as I liked his personality and playing style, I just don't think he can finish well enough to be a 2nd-liner).

I don't think the Rangers made a bad move in giving a shot to FedFed, who at least has the skills and size to be a contributor at the NHL level. Too bad his brain got left behind somewhere.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
You mean Jason King who has played 2 games this season? Or Nathan Smith who has 20 points in the AHL? If you suck you suck, it doesn't matter how you suck.

In terms of the Rangers, neither of these players would make an impact, and neither would Balej (as much as I liked his personality and playing style, I just don't think he can finish well enough to be a 2nd-liner).

I don't think the Rangers made a bad move in giving a shot to FedFed, who at least has the skills and size to be a contributor at the NHL level. Too bad his brain got left behind somewhere.

yea i thought sather did not like selfish players. Why did we deal Balej in the first place, after all the ads on tv??? Why take a chance on Fed if u know his bad attitude problems.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:40 PM
shoothepuck

Maybe Sather figured he mature a bit and grow half a brain, and try to play in his brothers shadow.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:51 PM
You 'Orns!

Quote:
yea i thought sather did not like selfish players. Why did we deal Balej in the first place, after all the ads on tv??? Why take a chance on Fed if u know his bad attitude problems.
Because you know Balej isn't going anywhere in the organization and you take the chance on a guy like FedFed to see if you can unlock those skills. There are plenty of players who have been headcases in one environment but have turned into model citizens somewhere else. Of these four players, none has the physical tools FedFed brings to the table.

Players are tools you put together to make a team. You have to fit them into the right slots, or they won't perform well. If your focus is the Rangers, you keep on moving players around until you find a good mix and match. Balej wasn't going to play on the Rangers, so it was neither fair for him nor for the team to keep him here. The Rangers have plenty of Smith and King type players who are better. They *don't* have a player like FedFed in the system.

If Schoenfeld or Renney could get into his head, it would be a major coup. Such things have happened before -- unfortunately not in this case, it seems. Did this move harm the Rangers? No, probably not, because Balej wasn't going to see time in the NHL. Were there potential rewards, yes. Who won the trade? Who knows in the future, but as of now, it's pretty much a draw.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:55 PM
vcx*

I think he needs to play with his brother, maybe if he snaps at him and whatever Fedor might pull his head out of his rear. He shows talent and the ability to be a solid player, but they are brief moments, like ones that Lindros has when he looks in the mirror and recognizes himself. Rangers should just dump him off to Columbus for a late pick or a futures. Like it matters.

Old
01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Because you know Balej isn't going anywhere in the organization and you take the chance on a guy like FedFed to see if you can unlock those skills. There are plenty of players who have been headcases in one environment but have turned into model citizens somewhere else. Of these four players, none has the physical tools FedFed brings to the table.

Players are tools you put together to make a team. You have to fit them into the right slots, or they won't perform well. If your focus is the Rangers, you keep on moving players around until you find a good mix and match. Balej wasn't going to play on the Rangers, so it was neither fair for him nor for the team to keep him here. The Rangers have plenty of Smith and King type players who are better. They *don't* have a player like FedFed in the system.

If Schoenfeld or Renney could get into his head, it would be a major coup. Such things have happened before -- unfortunately not in this case, it seems. Did this move harm the Rangers? No, probably not, because Balej wasn't going to see time in the NHL. Were there potential rewards, yes. Who won the trade? Who knows in the future, but as of now, it's pretty much a draw.

At this point, i give the win to the Canucks, Balej was called up for 1 game had 1pt, Fedor had 3 games 0pts, doesn't mean anything but that 1pt is enough for me to say he's already a winner for vancouver.

Old
01-12-2006, 03:12 PM
You 'Orns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
I think he needs to play with his brother, maybe if he snaps at him and whatever Fedor might pull his head out of his rear. He shows talent and the ability to be a solid player, but they are brief moments, like ones that Lindros has when he looks in the mirror and recognizes himself. Rangers should just dump him off to Columbus for a late pick or a futures. Like it matters.
You know you're in trouble when you need Sergei Federov to tell you to play to your potential!

I see how you can give the 'Nucks the win on the trade, but in the end, I think it'll be a wash. Neither of these players are going to have much of an impact in the NHL, though I would like Balej to do well, 'coz he seems like a good guy.

Old
01-12-2006, 04:43 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
LOL when I looked at the name of this topic I was like " Oh yeah...! "

Old
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Pizza

In a weird way a guy like Fedfed is the most interesting of athletes. What I mean is that he posses skills that all acknowledge are there in some abundance, yet a lack of mental toughness or desire cancels out those skills. On the flip side you look at someone like Ortmeyer who most agree has little skill but a ton of desire, and you have to be awed by what he can accomplish. The whole mental angle really fascinates me.

Old
01-12-2006, 06:08 PM
You 'Orns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
In a weird way a guy like Fedfed is the most interesting of athletes. What I mean is that he posses skills that all acknowledge are there in some abundance, yet a lack of mental toughness or desire cancels out those skills. On the flip side you look at someone like Ortmeyer who most agree has little skill but a ton of desire, and you have to be awed by what he can accomplish. The whole mental angle really fascinates me.
Sports psychology is a lucrative up-and-coming field . . .

Old
01-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007

While I largely agree with you, I must say I was shocked when I saw how lazy and disinterested Fedorov was in his three games with the Rangers. Especially given all the talk within the organization about only wanting players who play with heart and dedication. Fedorov certainly didn't develop this attitude because he was traded and he seemed to show about no interest in proving the naysayers wrong about his lack of commitment when he was traded. I'd have to say, based on his attitude alone, that we lost this trade. Balej will never make much of an impact, but he probably will continue to be a worthwhile player to re-sign and keep in the organization. As it stands now, I would be shocked if Fedorov is still in the Ranger organization next year and would also be shocked if the Rangers managed to get anything at all for him in trade. I seriously doubt Fedorov will be playing hockey in North America next year.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:04 AM
GarretJoseph*

I wonder what would happen if you paired Fedorov with Jagr & Straka for 10 games in a row? Does he break out? Is he forced into a break out? Do the NYR lose 10 games? haha

Old
01-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
I wonder what would happen if you paired Fedorov with Jagr & Straka for 10 games in a row? Does he break out? Is he forced into a break out? Do the NYR lose 10 games? haha
Why would you even bother? This kid lacks passion and heart. He needs to realize what's wrong and make an effort to correct it before he gets rewarded with a call-up to the NHL. Of course, if he did that, and earned a call-up, he would have to pass through waivers and someone else would grab him.

He's used up all his chances to be a Ranger.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
GarretJoseph*

All I'm saying is has anybody ever given him a legit chance on a top line with good players for at least a 10 game stretch? I doubt any team has.. I know you have to EARN your way up to the top line but I was just wonderin how he would do if hes put in that position & what you guys would think he would do...

does he put up points? he would in my opinion just being on the ice with Jags & Straka.. I think you'd put points up by accident

Old
01-13-2006, 04:25 AM
You 'Orns!

I agree 100% with Brooklyn Ranger. FedFed had too much potential not to give him a shot, but I was also shocked. I had no idea someone could be so insanely ignorant of the team concept in hockey. Somehow he produces in the AHL, where I guess he can do it all by himself.

Don't get me wront, of the two, I like Balej a lot more, but I don't really think either is going to have much impact in the NHL. As ever, I hope I'm wrong. Funny, if you could somehow combine Balej's attitude with FedFed's physical tools, you'd have a hell of a hockey player.

Last edited by 007: 01-13-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old
01-13-2006, 12:49 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
All I'm saying is has anybody ever given him a legit chance on a top line with good players for at least a 10 game stretch? I doubt any team has.. I know you have to EARN your way up to the top line but I was just wonderin how he would do if hes put in that position & what you guys would think he would do...

does he put up points? he would in my opinion just being on the ice with Jags & Straka.. I think you'd put points up by accident

he aint doing much in the minors. did not know he was a fighter wow he has alot of pim.

Closed Thread