HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sort of OT: Daily News > NY Post

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 12:44 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Sort of OT: Daily News > NY Post

I used to be an avid post reader since i've been to school in new york, but since hockey has been back, i've realized why the daily news is really "the #1 sports in town."

Take for example, TODAY. You would think all local newspapers would be all over Messier night, and they all were, the daily news, newsday, bergen record, but did anybody open the post today?? They had it on the back cover, but then two pages inside. TWO! On an off day for sports, especially in the area with only the rangers and ignored long island playing calgary, the whole friggen sports section was an advertisement!

The daily news on the other hand was fantastic. They had a cover over the entire paper of messier holding the cup, and probably 8 pages of extensive coverage inside.

The NY Post is a joke and although i still read it from time to time over the news, it will never happen again. The daily news is equal to all sports and the NY Post might as well be an ESPN publication.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:50 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I read the NYDL online every day, their sports section is the best.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
NYRGoalieGlut*

That's nothing they didn't have Richter's retirement night on the back page of the post nor did they have Leetch's trade on the back page. I believe one of those events had Torrie saying he'll stay or something and also how they hired a new bench coach. The Post is a disgrace.

Old
01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
If anyone wants too hate the Post more, you can remember that it's owned by the same guy who owns Fox News Channel. Boooo!

On the other hand, for all his insanity, I like how Larry Brooks is willing to put passion for the Rangers into his articles.

I read all the papers regularly. Hockeybird organizes them nicely for you (http://mt.hockeybird.com), as does the Blueline Blog (http://www.nj.com/weblogs/rangers).

Old
01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
If anyone wants too hate the Post more, you can remember that it's owned by the same guy who owns Fox News Channel. Boooo!
figures.

Closed Thread