HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Just how dumb do people think Bob is?

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Matrix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever
HabsSaku and Matrix having a nice little scrap there, I don't want to butt in but I must say, Matrix, you're not making sence. You say that u believe Bob is respected as a person and for what he has accomplished as a player. I believe he is respected because he has pretty much done everything in hockey; play the game, coach the game, and be a gm. He acquired key performers such as Joe Nieuwendyk, Pat Verbeek, Brett Hull and Ed Belfour. Drafted Derian Hatcher and Jamie Langenbrunner. The Stars won the Presidents' Trophy for having the most points in the NHL in 1998 and 1999. Made it to the cup finals 3 times, and Dallas won the first Stanley Cup in the history of the franchise.

I mean you can say that your basing everything on your opinion, but Facts and Facts and he has accomplished a lot as a GM and a player. It's all about having patience. You can't turn the team into a winner over night. I mean he was appointed gm of the Minnesota North Stars in 1992 and won the cup in 99...It takes time my friend.
I understand it takes time but like I said previously, and the funny thing is that I don't even dislike the guy at all, even find he did a good job as a Dallas Star and for us, but at the same time, he's not beside the definition of greatness when it comes to a GM mainly because I'm waiting to see what he can do with a Cap putting pratically all the teams on the same boat.

That's all, nothing more, nothing less. And then the discussion went with that RESPECTED word I love so much now but I was mostly discussing if he was great or not and what he can bring to a team that desperately needs help in a time like this with the players he has. It's panic time for everyone and we'll see how he poises himself in a hockey environment like ours. It should not have gone on that respected subject at all, maybe I was misunderstood or explainted myself pretty poorly since I'm frenchie but I was merely tring to answer to the thread about him being dumb and saying no to that but hasn't lived up to my expectations YET.

There's thread about Gainey being dumb, stupid, and others...no one bashed them, I talk about him being good but not being great SO FAR for me, and I'm the most stupid fan on the planet. Go figure.....

Closed Thread