HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#55, 2/9/12, Kings lose to Panthers 3-1

Old
02-09-2012, 09:25 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 500
dtolensky Daniel Tolensky
Quote:
In their last 18 games, Kings have been shutout or have scored just once 10 times. They've lost 1-0 three times and 2-1 five times.
Laughably disgusting

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Kopitar, I don't know what he does?
Skates around the perimeter in the offensive zone. But hey, he backchecks real hard!

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JBernierFan
Drink up!

After tonight's game, I realize I really really hate this team right now. That makes me so sad.

Bernier looked good!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
moosehead81

Good Grief- What Can One Say?

Watched most of the first 2 periods to the point I wanted to cut my throat. Up to now, I've tried to rationalize what's wrong with the personnel, particularly the forwards, but frankly, at this point, I just don't think this team is very good. If it wasn't for the overall good goal-tending (now there's some guys that would likely want to cut their throats), the Kings would easily be with the bottom 3 teams in the west and likely bottom 5 league wise. At this point, this appears to be a very poorly constructed hockey team which will be tooth and nails to make the 1st play-off round. There just isn't enough offensive strength to score more than a goal a game, Richards is useless with Stoll and Penner and Kopitar's not much better with the two he's got. You might just as well put Kopitar with Stoll and Penner and Richards with the other 2 just to see what happens. As for the power play, why whoever's in charge doesn't put a capable forward on the point with Doughty on one unit and with Johnson on the other just to get some jam going is beyond me- I mean nothing else has worked. And putting your current second line as your second power play unit is just a waste of PP time; not that they're getting the majority of PP time as it is. Totally and amazingly frustrating and, mark my words, this team will be blown up if they don't make the play-offs and go far, and a new 5 year plan will be forth-coming.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
After tonight's game, I realize I really really hate this team right now. That makes me so sad.
I don't hate the team, I hate myself for not being able to walk away from this bad relationship.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Skates around the perimeter in the offensive zone. But hey, he backchecks real hard!
that's one expensive backcheck...

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Kopitar is a nice kid. Does he have enough fire in his belly to ever win in the NHL? Let's be honest guys like Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, etc. see Weaver step out on the ice and smile to themselves. Kopitar, I don't know what he does?
Well Kings are the team that call a line with Stoll and Penner "checking line", so...

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Guys I just tweeted nothelen with some frustration about how Dean getting a winger will not solve our problems and got an interesting response from her:

Helene: when i talked to him monday he was already talking about next season and cap space he gains July 1 to make moves. draw your own conclusion
LoL and do what with it ?

Parise, even if he makes it to july 1st will eat all of it almost.

He would have to offer money and term Parise can't pass up.

Talking 8m per and about 10 years.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Glad i missed the third. Ugh my choices in teams: my favorite team can't score goals and the second team can't stop goals. Aahhh

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

the only way i can describe that game.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Guys I just tweeted nothelen with some frustration about how Dean getting a winger will not solve our problems and got an interesting response from her:

Helene: when i talked to him monday he was already talking about next season and cap space he gains July 1 to make moves. draw your own conclusion
My conclusion: there will be no next season for Dean, and he will not be allowed to mix things up. The next two weeks will tell us whether or not that's the case.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
My conclusion: there will be no next season for Dean

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:33 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
the only way i can describe that game.

I'd say it's more like this...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Well Kings are the team that call a line with Stoll and Penner "checking line", so...
I don't know what this has to do with Kopitar being more assertive in the offensive zone, but okay.

We as fans need to stop blaming the supporting cast and start being more critical of the so-called stars.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Kopitar is a nice kid. Does he have enough fire in his belly to ever win in the NHL? Let's be honest guys like Crosby, Malkin, Datsyuk, etc. see Weaver step out on the ice and smile to themselves. Kopitar, I don't know what he does?
You're always quick to blame Kopitar so you can deflect blame away from management and coaching.

The fact of the matter is the Kopitar accounts for an incredibly high amount of the Kings offense, and has virtually no secondary scoring to take some of the burden off him.

You can thank Kopitar for making an excellent play that led to our only goal tonight, and his line actually had good shifts that generated some pressure.

Meanwhile Mike "heart & soul, leader, warrior, mr. clutch" Richards, was invisible again, and was on the ice for all 3 goals against. I'm sure everyone is eager to make excuses for him because they don't want to except the fact that he's just not that good.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Meanwhile Mike "heart & soul, leader, warrior, mr. clutch" Richards, was invisible again, and was on the ice for all 3 goals against. I'm sure everyone is eager to make excuses for him because they don't want to except the fact that he's just not that good.
Yeah, he's awful

Old
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
LoL and do what with it ?

Parise, even if he makes it to july 1st will eat all of it almost.

He would have to offer money and term Parise can't pass up.

Talking 8m per and about 10 years.
News Flash: No (zip, nada, zero, null and void set, less than 1, zed, zillo? etc) UFA would even CONSIDER coming to LA until the Kings start winning with what they have right here, right now or whenever. They need to "appear" to be on the brink of something big, yet it appears to be more of the same (that's funny [mostly sad] just typing that into my keyboard)

No help coming via UFA.

A trade maybe, but do not expect any top-flight player to actually WANT to come to L.A.

Would you?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
You're always quick to blame Kopitar so you can deflect blame away from management and coaching.

The fact of the matter is the Kopitar accounts for an incredibly high amount of the Kings offense, and has virtually no secondary scoring to take some of the burden off him.

You can thank Kopitar for making an excellent play that led to our only goal tonight, and his line actually had good shifts that generated some pressure.

What exactly do you want Lombardi or Sutter to do to get Kopitar to get his ass off the boards and take the puck into the middle of the offensive zone. Do you think they want him on the boards 99% of the time?

Yeah, Kopitar accounts for 50% of next to nothing, that's great.

Richards has not played well since he got his bell rung. That must be management's fault as well though, right?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
There's no reason to make excuses for anyone. Everyone besides Quick is not doing their job. Fact is, the sword comes down on the head of the person who put the entire group together. Nothing more, nothing less. If there are problems with the team, it's the fault of the person who put it together. Dean was given the largest budget AEG has given anyone to work with and these are the results. Not being able to see this coming is no excuse. The GM and coach will always be held responsible for what their team does on the ice. If it's Kopitar that's playing poorly, sure, he needs to get it in gear, but that doesn't mean all the negative vibes need to be headed his direction. There is PLENTY of blame to go around amongst the whole bunch.

The display tonight, on many nights this season, has been downright pathetic. From the players, coaches, all the way down the line.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
News Flash: No (zip, nada, zero, null and void set, less than 1, zed, zillo? etc) UFA would even CONSIDER coming to LA until the Kings start winning with what they have right here, right now or whenever. They need to "appear" to be on the brink of something big, yet it appears to be more of the same (that's funny [mostly sad] just typing that into my keyboard)

No help coming via UFA.

A trade maybe, but do not expect any top-flight player to actually WANT to come to L.A.

Would you?
Hossa.
Gaborik.
Richards.
Kovalchuk.

Parise won't sign in LA. Why would he?

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Hossa.
Gaborik.
Richards.
Kovalchuk.

Yup it would have to be money to the tune of Zach's agent saying "You're flippin crazy Zach if you don't accpet that offer in LA".

Not going to happen lol.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:47 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

I would have given us maybe a 25% chance to land Parise if we had been bounced in the 2nd round or better this year, but if I were him I would take one look at this team and ask for a Kovalchuk-ian contract to even consider coming here.

Old
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Hossa.
Gaborik.
Richards.
Kovalchuk.

he might be stupid

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Christ this team is a spitting image of the Wilds teams from a few years back. Brutally boring to watch.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nex06

Quote:
We as fans need to stop blaming the supporting cast and start being more critical of the so-called stars.
No, we need to be equally critical of everyone. What does that mean? It means that so-called stars must act like stars. But it means also that supporting cast must act like supporting cast. Does supporting cast act like supporting cast? It does not.

Besides, I thought that top line was quite ok (in first period and at the end of the game at least), they could have easily scored at least one more goal in first period, not to mention that the amount of time they kept the puck in offensive zone kept the danger away from their own goalie. If you watch the first period again, you should notice that top line played exactly like we want them to play, Kopitar included.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote