HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game #53, Blues @ Devils - "May the best trap win"

Old
02-09-2012, 10:50 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Haha yeah NJ's GDT is crazy.

Grachev is just invisible out there. He really adds nothing, but I know he's still young. It's just why I wish Cracknell would get the call since he seems to add more to the club.

I like Russell's speed and puck-moving ability. Perfectly fine with him on the 3rd pairing.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
I seriously hope you guys don't get stuck with that moniker the way the Devils have. They have such a mediocre defense now and play a very offensive style, even on the PK, and still can't shed it. They will forever be the boring trapping team that ruined hockey (the one that gave up 4 3rd period goals to the Flyers and still won 6-4). It gets tiresome having to hear that over and over.

Don't bother coming to our board then We somehow over-filled a GDT (41 pages) and are halfway through the Post Game Thread (19 pages) for a non-divisional, non-conference opponent that I wouldn't consider a rival at all...
Maybe its just because I appreciate a good cerebral game, but I have always liked NJ...even with the trap. Now with the transition to more of an offensive style, I still like the Devils.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:14 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Maybe its just because I appreciate a good cerebral game, but I have always liked NJ...even with the trap. Now with the transition to more of an offensive style, I still like the Devils.
Oh don't get me wrong. I LOVED the old style and especially the precision to which they executed it. Currently during this transition the team is far more prone to being sloppy, though to many that means exciting because there are more chances. I really do appreciate those low scoring games when they are a result of a system being executed to perfection (or a goalie just stealing the show). I really dislike high scoring, sloppy games that are basically glorified street hockey with no defense.

What I meant is just that it's annoying to hear the word "trap" being thrown out by every opposing teams broadcasters and fans 35645675 times a game. Talking about how boring it is and how screwed their team is when they go down a goal (like any lead is safe in this NHL regardless of style of play).

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Haha yeah NJ's GDT is crazy.

Grachev is just invisible out there. He really adds nothing, but I know he's still young. It's just why I wish Cracknell would get the call since he seems to add more to the club.

I like Russell's speed and puck-moving ability. Perfectly fine with him on the 3rd pairing.
I agree wit you on Grachev. He needs to show that he can perform at a high level in the ahl before he gets time in the nhl. Even with the Rangers org he never scored at a high rate. Im fairly skeptical of grachevs scoring ability at this point, his only strong statistical year since being drafted was when he played on a line with matt duschene (and anthony peluso)

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Linus

vCash: 526
Even when we get players back (which I'm hoping will be soon), I think Porter deserves to be rewarded for his play as of late with a spot in the line-up. He's really taking advantage of the games he does get to suit up for. I wouldn't mind Reaves being a healthy scratch once in a while, or even Crombeen. Against teams where we'd need that extra grit I have no problem with those two in the line-up over Porter, just as long as he isn't the scratch so many games in a row. I've loved his game lately.

I've always been jealous that the Devils have had Parise, but tonight was the first time I've watched Henrique for an entire game and my jealousy was definitely doubled. He's something special. I'd love him on the Blues.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Fred Murtz

End of 2nd intermission part 1. Bernie Ferdeko breaking down Blues play.

End of 1st intermission part 1. 1st period highlights with Bernie Ferderko.

End of 2nd period part 2, Blues turnovers, Adam Henrique, Devils goals

End of 2nd period part 3, Blues scoring chances

Post game part 1, Bergland goal review, Shootout review, Hitchcock changing lines up, Elliott saves in relief of Halak, Blues goals

Post game part 2, Oshie interview, PErron scoring

Post game part 3. Flashback to Feb 9 2010 game Blues win against Detroit. Boyes goal in shoot out.
Standings

Post game part 4, three stars

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

You guys have a great team, it's awesome to see them doing so well.

Good luck the rest of the way, and take care of Langs for me. He's still my boy.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Fred Murtz

Pre game part 1 - Lines, Hitchcock update on injuries to Arnott and D'AGostini,Chris Porter interview. This clip shows a 3rd hit on D'Agostini that may have been what helped cause the concussion.

Pre game part 2 - Cam Jannsen interview

Pre game part 3 - Adam Oates, Devils power play coach. Jamie Langenbrunner interview

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote