HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

SK or Hornqvist

View Poll Results: sk or hornqvist
SK 12 35.29%
Hornqvist 17 50.00%
neither 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Do you have a link to that? SK has played through three separate, moderately serious injuries. He's done everything Trotz has asked since day one, said all the right things--even completely shrugged off the NHLPA's ploy to make him into a UFA that likely would have been in demand--just because he loves it in Nashville so much.

I just don't get why there's so much skepticism.
Radio interview after Columbus game Dec 22. You'll have to ask Peterson what he meant.

But yes, I do see wavering effort with him. He's got some skills no doubt, but there are many games where he's not willing to go to the dirty areas to make things happen.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Radio interview after Columbus game Dec 22. You'll have to ask Peterson what he meant.

But yes, I do see wavering effort with him. He's got some skills no doubt, but there are many games where he's not willing to go to the dirty areas to make things happen.
This is not an uncommon things for SK throughout his hockey he was like that in London and sat out a number of games as the Hunters were disciplining him. It was usually listed as out with the flu or something like that but 9 out of 10 times it was disciplinary. In Montreal he took many a night off.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
This is not an uncommon things for SK throughout his hockey he was like that in London and sat out a number of games as the Hunters were disciplining him. It was usually listed as out with the flu or something like that but 9 out of 10 times it was disciplinary. In Montreal he took many a night off.
yeah and you told us SK wouldn't do ****. who woulda thunk?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:26 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Thats what i was thinking

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Dryden is very very biased when it comes to sk so take his opinion with a grain of salt, in fact that's always a good rule...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
deanwormer

SK is an enigma for sure. However, I think the last few games he's stepped up his effort and physicality. The Preds-fan in me wants to believe he's been hurt; the 40yrs-of-watching-hockey-fan in me is skeptical, although our friend Dryden is over-the-top. However, does seem he's fallen back into over-passing mode. Thank goodness Marty seems to be in a "fine, nobody else will I'm throwing it at the net" mindset, so the line is balanced.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
token grinder

At first I was on the keep 2 bandwagon. But I now think that 2 game is easier to replace than 74. You can not teach skill.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Roseyc is just as biased. He said we kept the wrong guy and let the wrong one(ward) go. Also bet me that ward would score more goals than SK this season.

Need to figure out what I'm going to win in that one

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
predfan24

About a month ago this thread came up and I said Horny because of SK's effort issues. Since then SK has stepped it up big time. The last few games he has been battling for pucks and hitting like we are heard he was capable of but just never saw. He still has the tendency to pass up a good scoring opportunity to often but if he keeps up the inspired play I would say my opinion could change.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Roseyc is just as biased. He said we kept the wrong guy and let the wrong one(ward) go. Also bet me that ward would score more goals than SK this season.

I saved that post to my notepad because of how ridiculous it was and wanted to re-visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Ward will score more goals next year than SK will
At the moment:
SK - 14
Ward - 5

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
NoNecksCurse

sk over hornqvist every day of the week and then some.. sk has looked really great lately.. if they both are sucking the same, I take sk. hornqvist's horrendous puck control and skating & his ability to kill any rush makes this decision very easy

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I saved that post to my notepad because of how ridiculous it was and wanted to re-visit.

At the moment:
SK - 14
Ward - 5
I saw a thread of "who are the two players you want your team to get rid of?" on the main boards. Every single Pens fans i saw had Sully in their two, and every Caps fan said Ward. Remember how happy they were when they signed Wardo?

Back on topic....SK. Hornqvist is easier to replace. I'd like to keep both for depth though.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
At first I was on the keep 2 bandwagon. But I now think that 2 game is easier to replace than 74. You can not teach skill.
For real free SK has that skill set that isn't taught. Patience, puck control, excellent vision, and the occassional filthy snipe.

Oh yeah he plays both aides of the puck, well

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
sk over hornqvist every day of the week and then some..
Even the days that Hornqvist is battling in front of the net, taking a beating for our team, and SK is cruising lackadaisically on the perimeter?

SK is in his best stretch right now. He has some pep to his game and his confidence is good right now, but his effort as a whole is up and down.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:49 PM
NoNecksCurse

yes id still take sk over hornqvist

Old
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
roseyc

Quote:

No that is not what I said ....I didn't advocate keeping Ward at that price. You downplayed Ward's contribution in the playoffs would rather have regular numbers verses not scoring a goal in two rounds of the playoffs when he was our leading scorer. When goals are at a premium. Now here we are again what is he going to do when the ice becomes smaller and the hits becomer harder. We'll see who still standing. In Europe his style would work better because of the bigger rinks. It more of speed game you don't get hit as much. I don't know if there's a stat but how many goals that Sk has scored empty net and deflections compared to slap shots or wrist shot goals.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Legionnaire11

once again, in theory replacing Hornqvists skillset is easier. In practice that has not proven to be the case. Hornqvist is the first and only player who has brought this style of standing in front of the crease and taking the beating. Hartnell did not play the same type of game, he would skate in to grab rebounds, and bang a little to get there. But he wouldn't plant in front and take the abuse.

Guys that are willing to do that regularly, and actually produce results doing so, are rare and we need to hang on to it as long as possible. It's not like he's going to break the bank or anything, and if we bring in a real elite top 3 player, he will be replacing more of SK's skills than Hornqvists if we had to choose between the two.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
No that is not what I said ....I didn't advocate keeping Ward at that price. You downplayed Ward's contribution in the playoffs would rather have regular numbers verses not scoring a goal in two rounds of the playoffs when he was our leading scorer. When goals are at a premium. Now here we are again what is he going to do when the ice becomes smaller and the hits becomer harder. We'll see who still standing. In Europe his style would work better because of the bigger rinks. It more of speed game you don't get hit as much. I don't know if there's a stat but how many goals that Sk has scored empty net and deflections compared to slap shots or wrist shot goals.
How many goal did Hornqvist scored of a slap? I dont recall at all... And when was last time he score a wrist? Three months ago?

How many points did he has in that playoffs? And in Second Round? How many goals did he scored of SK passes in that playoffs??? Where was Honqvist when the game got tight and fast.

SK has more goals on ES than anybody on this team for the past two seasons. In general he has more goals than anybody.

Who is better skater?
Who is better passer?
Who is better shooter?
Who is better defensevly?
Who is better offensevly?
Who has better vision?
Who is better puck carrier?

And I can bet he will get more goals and points this season then Hornqvist.

Lazy don't play in the NHL. Period.

Last edited by tserberis*: 02-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:38 PM
tserberis*

If we are bringing some one in, it wont be for SK or Hornqvist. What is the point? We need addition not replacement.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
How many goal did Hornqvist scored of a slap? I dont recall at all... And when was last time he score a wrist? Three months ago?

How many points did he has in that playoffs? And in Second Round? How many goals did he scored of SK passes in that playoffs??? Where was Honqvist when the game got tight and fast.

SK has more goals on ES than anybody on this team for the past two seasons. In general he has more goals than anybody.

Who is better skater?
Who is better passer?
Who is better shooter?
Who is better defensevly?
Who is better offensevly?
Who has better vision?
Who is better puck carrier?

And I can bet he will get more goals and points this season then Hornqvist.

Lazy don't play in the NHL. Period.
I wasn't talking about Hornqvist vs Sk ....so i don't know what your going on all about. But I think Hornqvist will outscore sk because he'll eventually get hurt

Old
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
That reminds me. How's that clown nose fitting Dryden?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Hornqvist vs Sk ....so i don't know what your going on all about. But I think Hornqvist will outscore sk because he'll eventually get hurt
OK, Fine.
I bet you that SK will have more goals per game played then Hornqvist!

Old
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
If we are bringing some one in, it wont be for SK or Hornqvist. What is the point? We need addition not replacement.
It all depends who we're bringing in. If Poile targets a Carter-type player, the odds of SK/Hornqvist departing go up.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:19 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It all depends who we're bringing in. If Poile targets a Carter-type player, the odds of SK/Hornqvist departing go up.
Would you trade SK for Doan? Would we (Preds) or would they(Coyotes) make that deal. Or would be we add more or they add more or straight up

Old
02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Would you trade SK for Doan? Would we (Preds) or would they(Coyotes) make that deal. Or would be we add more or they add more or straight up
we add with picks/prospects.. not sure of their needs