HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

SK or Hornqvist

View Poll Results: sk or hornqvist
SK 12 35.29%
Hornqvist 17 50.00%
neither 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2012, 01:59 PM
  #26
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Do you have a link to that? SK has played through three separate, moderately serious injuries. He's done everything Trotz has asked since day one, said all the right things--even completely shrugged off the NHLPA's ploy to make him into a UFA that likely would have been in demand--just because he loves it in Nashville so much.

I just don't get why there's so much skepticism.
Radio interview after Columbus game Dec 22. You'll have to ask Peterson what he meant.

But yes, I do see wavering effort with him. He's got some skills no doubt, but there are many games where he's not willing to go to the dirty areas to make things happen.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
  #27
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Radio interview after Columbus game Dec 22. You'll have to ask Peterson what he meant.

But yes, I do see wavering effort with him. He's got some skills no doubt, but there are many games where he's not willing to go to the dirty areas to make things happen.
This is not an uncommon things for SK throughout his hockey he was like that in London and sat out a number of games as the Hunters were disciplining him. It was usually listed as out with the flu or something like that but 9 out of 10 times it was disciplinary. In Montreal he took many a night off.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:12 AM
  #28
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
This is not an uncommon things for SK throughout his hockey he was like that in London and sat out a number of games as the Hunters were disciplining him. It was usually listed as out with the flu or something like that but 9 out of 10 times it was disciplinary. In Montreal he took many a night off.
yeah and you told us SK wouldn't do ****. who woulda thunk?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:26 AM
  #29
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
yeah and you told us SK wouldn't do ****. who woulda thunk?
Thats what i was thinking

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:34 AM
  #30
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,717
vCash: 500
Dryden is very very biased when it comes to sk so take his opinion with a grain of salt, in fact that's always a good rule...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
  #31
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 942
vCash: 500
SK is an enigma for sure. However, I think the last few games he's stepped up his effort and physicality. The Preds-fan in me wants to believe he's been hurt; the 40yrs-of-watching-hockey-fan in me is skeptical, although our friend Dryden is over-the-top. However, does seem he's fallen back into over-passing mode. Thank goodness Marty seems to be in a "fine, nobody else will I'm throwing it at the net" mindset, so the line is balanced.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
  #32
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
At first I was on the keep 2 bandwagon. But I now think that 2 game is easier to replace than 74. You can not teach skill.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
  #33
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,004
vCash: 500
Roseyc is just as biased. He said we kept the wrong guy and let the wrong one(ward) go. Also bet me that ward would score more goals than SK this season.

Need to figure out what I'm going to win in that one

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
  #34
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,113
vCash: 500
About a month ago this thread came up and I said Horny because of SK's effort issues. Since then SK has stepped it up big time. The last few games he has been battling for pucks and hitting like we are heard he was capable of but just never saw. He still has the tendency to pass up a good scoring opportunity to often but if he keeps up the inspired play I would say my opinion could change.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
  #35
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Roseyc is just as biased. He said we kept the wrong guy and let the wrong one(ward) go. Also bet me that ward would score more goals than SK this season.

Need to figure out what I'm going to win in that one
I saved that post to my notepad because of how ridiculous it was and wanted to re-visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Ward will score more goals next year than SK will
At the moment:
SK - 14
Ward - 5

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:59 PM
  #36
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,527
vCash: 500
sk over hornqvist every day of the week and then some.. sk has looked really great lately.. if they both are sucking the same, I take sk. hornqvist's horrendous puck control and skating & his ability to kill any rush makes this decision very easy

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
  #37
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I saved that post to my notepad because of how ridiculous it was and wanted to re-visit.



At the moment:
SK - 14
Ward - 5
I saw a thread of "who are the two players you want your team to get rid of?" on the main boards. Every single Pens fans i saw had Sully in their two, and every Caps fan said Ward. Remember how happy they were when they signed Wardo?

Back on topic....SK. Hornqvist is easier to replace. I'd like to keep both for depth though.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:28 PM
  #38
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
At first I was on the keep 2 bandwagon. But I now think that 2 game is easier to replace than 74. You can not teach skill.
For real free SK has that skill set that isn't taught. Patience, puck control, excellent vision, and the occassional filthy snipe.


Oh yeah he plays both aides of the puck, well

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
  #39
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
sk over hornqvist every day of the week and then some..
Even the days that Hornqvist is battling in front of the net, taking a beating for our team, and SK is cruising lackadaisically on the perimeter?

SK is in his best stretch right now. He has some pep to his game and his confidence is good right now, but his effort as a whole is up and down.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 08:49 PM
  #40
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,527
vCash: 500
yes id still take sk over hornqvist

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
  #41
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Roseyc is just as biased. He said we kept the wrong guy and let the wrong one(ward) go. Also bet me that ward would score more goals than SK this season.

Need to figure out what I'm going to win in that one
No that is not what I said ....I didn't advocate keeping Ward at that price. You downplayed Ward's contribution in the playoffs would rather have regular numbers verses not scoring a goal in two rounds of the playoffs when he was our leading scorer. When goals are at a premium. Now here we are again what is he going to do when the ice becomes smaller and the hits becomer harder. We'll see who still standing. In Europe his style would work better because of the bigger rinks. It more of speed game you don't get hit as much. I don't know if there's a stat but how many goals that Sk has scored empty net and deflections compared to slap shots or wrist shot goals.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:55 PM
  #42
Legionnaire11
Registered User
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hendersonville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
once again, in theory replacing Hornqvists skillset is easier. In practice that has not proven to be the case. Hornqvist is the first and only player who has brought this style of standing in front of the crease and taking the beating. Hartnell did not play the same type of game, he would skate in to grab rebounds, and bang a little to get there. But he wouldn't plant in front and take the abuse.

Guys that are willing to do that regularly, and actually produce results doing so, are rare and we need to hang on to it as long as possible. It's not like he's going to break the bank or anything, and if we bring in a real elite top 3 player, he will be replacing more of SK's skills than Hornqvists if we had to choose between the two.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
  #43
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
No that is not what I said ....I didn't advocate keeping Ward at that price. You downplayed Ward's contribution in the playoffs would rather have regular numbers verses not scoring a goal in two rounds of the playoffs when he was our leading scorer. When goals are at a premium. Now here we are again what is he going to do when the ice becomes smaller and the hits becomer harder. We'll see who still standing. In Europe his style would work better because of the bigger rinks. It more of speed game you don't get hit as much. I don't know if there's a stat but how many goals that Sk has scored empty net and deflections compared to slap shots or wrist shot goals.
How many goal did Hornqvist scored of a slap? I dont recall at all... And when was last time he score a wrist? Three months ago?

How many points did he has in that playoffs? And in Second Round? How many goals did he scored of SK passes in that playoffs??? Where was Honqvist when the game got tight and fast.

SK has more goals on ES than anybody on this team for the past two seasons. In general he has more goals than anybody.

Who is better skater?
Who is better passer?
Who is better shooter?
Who is better defensevly?
Who is better offensevly?
Who has better vision?
Who is better puck carrier?


And I can bet he will get more goals and points this season then Hornqvist.

Lazy don't play in the NHL. Period.


Last edited by tserberis*: 02-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.
tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 10:38 PM
  #44
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
If we are bringing some one in, it wont be for SK or Hornqvist. What is the point? We need addition not replacement.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
  #45
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
How many goal did Hornqvist scored of a slap? I dont recall at all... And when was last time he score a wrist? Three months ago?

How many points did he has in that playoffs? And in Second Round? How many goals did he scored of SK passes in that playoffs??? Where was Honqvist when the game got tight and fast.

SK has more goals on ES than anybody on this team for the past two seasons. In general he has more goals than anybody.

Who is better skater?
Who is better passer?
Who is better shooter?
Who is better defensevly?
Who is better offensevly?
Who has better vision?
Who is better puck carrier?


And I can bet he will get more goals and points this season then Hornqvist.

Lazy don't play in the NHL. Period.
I wasn't talking about Hornqvist vs Sk ....so i don't know what your going on all about. But I think Hornqvist will outscore sk because he'll eventually get hurt

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:10 AM
  #46
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
yeah and you told us SK wouldn't do ****. who woulda thunk?
That reminds me. How's that clown nose fitting Dryden?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM
  #47
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I wasn't talking about Hornqvist vs Sk ....so i don't know what your going on all about. But I think Hornqvist will outscore sk because he'll eventually get hurt
OK, Fine.
I bet you that SK will have more goals per game played then Hornqvist!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
  #48
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
If we are bringing some one in, it wont be for SK or Hornqvist. What is the point? We need addition not replacement.
It all depends who we're bringing in. If Poile targets a Carter-type player, the odds of SK/Hornqvist departing go up.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:19 PM
  #49
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It all depends who we're bringing in. If Poile targets a Carter-type player, the odds of SK/Hornqvist departing go up.
Would you trade SK for Doan? Would we (Preds) or would they(Coyotes) make that deal. Or would be we add more or they add more or straight up

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:22 PM
  #50
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Would you trade SK for Doan? Would we (Preds) or would they(Coyotes) make that deal. Or would be we add more or they add more or straight up
we add with picks/prospects.. not sure of their needs

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.