HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Seriously, how long can Lombardi sit back

Old
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Also, what are the different tabs, I can't make out what the blue tab is

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Do me a favor, edit on which side I am supposed to be looking lmao, it's a small thing but I am at work so a bit distracted...

Actually, if you can post the last 10 KINGS games as well, and what side....

Wait....those are all one teams, and its period, ok....

So which teams are which on the shooting? and I still would love to see the last 10 Kings games if you can,

Thanks,
These are the shots taken by just one team in one game, I listed the team before each screenshot. I'll try and leave the header in the screen shots so you can see which team is on the ice.

I was just trying to show the cluster of shots from the middle when teams score more than 2 goals in a game. It's not always a perfect indication, sometimes a goalie really does stand on his head, but you really do need a cluster of shots from the middle to generate enough scoring chances to succeed in today's NHL.

There aren't any tabs, the blue "shots" just mean that you can watch the video of the shot. All of the "tabs" are just shots, the ones with a "G" are goals.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
These are the shots taken by just one team in one game. I'll try and leave the header in the screen shots so you can see which team is on the ice.

I was just trying to show the cluster of shots from the middle when teams score more than 2 goals in a game. It's not always a perfect indication, sometimes a goalie really does stand on his head, but you really do need a cluster of shots from the middle to generate enough scoring chances to succeed in today's NHL.

There aren't any tabs, the blue "shots" just mean that you can watch the video of the shot. All of the "tabs" are just shots, the ones with a "G" are goals.
Ok,

And in all seriousness, I am definitely interested in seeing the last 10 games under Sutter, and hell, since you are bored at home not shopping,

I would love to see the last 10 games under Murray, would love to see any differences to be honest...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
ean

All the GM can do is get the right personnel in the locker room, coaches and players. After that is up to the coach to get the right players on the ice. And after that it is up to the players on the ice to execute.

I think there are some things that coaching has (and is still) not done properly. The GM brought in a new coach, and we've seen better results.

Do we really need to bring in a special GM or coach to tell JJ to hit the net with his shot? Or for DD to move laterally on the PP to open up shooting/passing lanes? Or for Dustin Brown to actually move his feet, crash the net,and finish his checks whenever he can?

All of these players have done these things well at one point in their careers and are not doing it now. That's nobodies fault but their own.

I look at this as nothing more than a player execution problem. To me, it also involves the fact that Dustin Brown is not a fit leader. I think he's a good hockey player, and he's great in the community, but I don't think he is a good leader.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Ok,

And in all seriousness, I am definitely interested in seeing the last 10 games under Sutter, and hell, since you are bored at home not shopping,

I would love to see the last 10 games under Murray, would love to see any differences to be honest...
I've started a new thread with the last 10 Kings games here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post42136073

No reason to tie up the Lombardi needs to make a move thread.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
moosehead81

New to post here- been following the Kings since MR was traded from Philly (I think Briere would have been first to go after Carter but his no movement contract put Richards out there as the odd-center out). From where I sit, all the Kings' offence is generated from the offensive blue line which is great, except teams block out shots constantly, alleys open up and close very fast and there doesn't appear to be anybody from the Kings' side willing to stand in there and screen the opposing goal-tender when an alley does open up. It also appears that there is no-one among the Kings' forwards with the really soft hands who can score from close in like a Briere or Giroux nor a sniper like a Kessel who, this year, is dangerous from anywhere inside the blue line, so a lot of the scoring (what little there is that isn't generated from the blue line) comes from the outside or from goal mouth scrambles. For power plays, I would almost consider moving Jack Johnson to the forward position simply to create havoc in front of the opposing net. In general, the Kings also don't appear to have a quick mobile transition game, unlike many other teams which use a lot of skating and quickness in moving the puck from defence to offence. This generates a lot of odd man rushes which are not as noticeable from the Kings. Teams like the Jets and Canadiens play an up-beat, skating game based on quickness and goal-tending even though their individual skill sets may not be that good. From a personnel stand-point, the top 3 centers, Kopitar, Richards and Stoll should rank the Kings at that position among any team in the league; the goaltending duo is as good as it gets and the defence should be more than adequate. Richards is not a winger (he's wasted there), he's a great second line play-making center who'll play about 20 minutes a game at both ends of the ice, penalty kill, play power play and gather 60-80 points a season, depending on injury time off. Geez- he came only one point short of the Selke trophy a few years ago. However, like Kopitar, he needs at least some adequacy on the wings to bring out the best in him. Kopiter is great but I notice he likes to play longer shifts depending on the offensive opportunities. Except for Brown, the other 3 wingers are not showing top 6 status; Penner and Gagne are "done" for different reasons and Williams runs too hot and cold (more cold than hot). So to summarize, Kings need a top 6 winger (or two) and should use Bernier in an attempt to get one. Iginla might look nice except for his age and the Flames don't need a goal-tender.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Um, I don't know. Maybe they score 2 Goals yesterday and win a game. The Defense is there, man, look at my last post.
CBJ PK was under 75%, Kings had 8 PPs, scored zero goals, and lost by one. That math is easy. The low scoring 5 on 5 play would be fine if combined with even an average PP.

Stoll is making 3.6. Penner 4.25. Williams 3.65. Gagne 3.5. The money spent on defense is high, but it's getting a lot better return than the money spent on forwards.

We would be better off playing Moller and Holloway and giving the best offer to a top tier free agent.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The Kings struggles were a 4 headed monster, IMO. Murray, Kompon, Lombardi, Brown. At least 3 of them need to be removed from their job in order for the culture to change.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Not trying to make light of our sad situation here but Philly gave up 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd period to lose to the Sens 6-4. I can't remember the last time that happened to the Kings.

Except last years playoffs.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Not trying to make light of our sad situation here but Philly gave up 4 unanswered goals in the 3rd period to lose to the Sens 6-4. I can't remember the last time that happened to the Kings.

are you referring to us giving up 4 unawsered goals or us scoring 6 goals.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

I dunno anymore.

I'm just so bored with Kings hockey right now. I love the team so much but every time I defend them they burn me and every time I feel like I've had enough they do just enough to suck me back in.

So grateful that I have a beautiful girlfriend, great friends, snowboarding (if it ever snows again in Cali), and Breaking Bad to entertain me.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Ajtacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post

Thanks for bringing up one of the worst days of all time.

Ajtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:07 PM
lafan

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
CBJ PK was under 75%, Kings had 8 PPs, scored zero goals, and lost by one. That math is easy. The low scoring 5 on 5 play would be fine if combined with even an average PP.

Stoll is making 3.6. Penner 4.25. Williams 3.65. Gagne 3.5. The money spent on defense is high, but it's getting a lot better return than the money spent on forwards.

We would be better off playing Moller and Holloway and giving the best offer to a top tier free agent.
so true and dont forget moreau.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajtacker View Post
Thanks for bringing up one of the worst days of all time.
You are living a great and charmed life if THAT is one of the worst days of all time....sheeesh.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
You are living a great and charmed life if THAT is one of the worst days of all time....sheeesh.
You just called me charmed! My heart is warm.

I know you lack a sense of humor and all but I found this while reading the dictionary:

hy·per·bo·le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:56 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
You just called me charmed! My heart is warm.

I know you lack a sense of humor and all but I found this while reading the dictionary:

hy·per·bo·le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
If you hold on for one more day, things will go your way.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
If you hold on for one more day, things will go your way.
Kumar, is that you?

Old
02-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Just wanted to revisit This thread a month later with this little pearl:

Daniel Tolensky :
In their last 18 games, Kings have been shutout or have scored just once 10 times. They've lost 1-0 three times and 2-1 five times.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:

Daniel Tolensky :
In their last 18 games, Kings have been shutout or have scored just once 10 times. They've lost 1-0 three times and 2-1 five times.
Can't wait for Lombardi to be fired. Sure he's done some good things, but this is a results driven business and this team is ****ing ATROCIOUS.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:34 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Can't wait for Lombardi to be fired. Sure he's done some good things, but this is a results driven business and this team is ****ing ATROCIOUS.
Hop on the #FireDeanAndDarryl train

I can sit here and bash Dean all day, up and down. Facts are facts: his drafting is great. Its to the point I would keep him on as the assistant GM/assistant to the GM/Scout while still keeping Futa and Yanetti. Aside from drafting though, I do not think he is a good GM. I look forward to a change and I hope its sooner rather than later.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Hop on the #FireDeanAndDarryl train

I can sit here and bash Dean all day, up and down. Facts are facts: his drafting is great. Its to the point I would keep him on as the assistant GM/assistant to the GM/Scout while still keeping Futa and Yanetti. Aside from drafting though, I do not think he is a good GM. I look forward to a change and I hope its sooner rather than later.
I agree with the results. Nobody is arguing that Dean hasn't made the Kings better and has them pointed in the right direction. The problem is that the moves he has made has the Kings where they are today. He just hasn't had the Midas touch, never really found lightning in a bottle and we just keep getting these 2nd rate wingers who don't produce. The Kings organization needs to hold everybody accountable and that means Deano Lombardi needs to be fired. Then the players who haven't produced all season long but are still given minutes need to be shipped out in a day of clean sweeping. This team lack pride, this team lacks passion and this team lacks power. They also have no heart.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Old
02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
LombardiTool

Quote:

Daniel Tolensky :
Oh goodie... another Lombardi bashing thread. We have an "all purpose" thread for that now. Dont ned to pull up a month old thread.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM
kingscourt26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
He just replaced the coach a few weeks ago. That's a pretty radical change. Give it some more time. Dealing players when most of them are in the middle of career slumps doesn't sound to me like the best recipe to get return value.
The problem to me is that Dean didn't pick a coach that would change things enough. He would rather hire his friends that he failed with in the past and who have no decent history post lockout than find a coach that would truly shake things up.

Stevens should have kept the D where it was and we should have brought an offensive coach that would get rid of the perimeter play and the dump and chase. Sutter is too defensive to build on what Murray started.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:00 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I agree with the results. Nobody is arguing that Dean hasn't made the Kings better and has them pointed in the right direction. The problem is that the moves he has made has the Kings where they are today. He just hasn't had the Midas touch, never really found lightning in a bottle and we just keep getting these 2nd rate wingers who don't produce. The Kings organization needs to hold everybody accountable and that means Deano Lombardi needs to be fired. Then the players who haven't produced all season long but are still given minutes need to be shipped out in a day of clean sweeping. This team lack pride, this team lacks passion and this team lacks power. They also have no heart.
Quoted for truth.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote