HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

GDT (1/12): PHI @ DET, 7:30 p.m.

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
A question for the Red Wings fans.... was this the Hatcher that was playing in Red and White not too long ago? or has he reinvented himself. Keep in mind that he was being double shifted to oblivion in the third since Johnsson went down.

Old
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
A question for the Red Wings fans.... was this the Hatcher that was playing in Red and White not too long ago? or has he reinvented himself. Keep in mind that he was being double shifted to oblivion in the third since Johnsson went down.
We only saw two and a half healthy games of Hatcher. He came back painfully slow and largely ineffective.

Old
01-12-2006, 09:51 PM
jacK

Quote:
we use that term loosely around here when referring to Hatch...

Old
01-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Freddan

According to nhl.com and the official statistics Maltby scored 3-1 goal. I thouhgt it was Datsyuk who scored that making it his second of the game? Am I lost or have nhl made a mixe up with 18 and 13?

here...

Per:3 Time: 0:46 Team: DET Goal: K. MALTBY (5) Assist: B. SHANAHAN (20) H. ZETTERBERG (26)

Heres the link - http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/GS020648.HTM

Old
01-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan
According to nhl.com and the official statistics Maltby scored 3-1 goal. I thouhgt it was Datsyuk who scored that making it his second of the game? Am I lost or have nhl made a mixe up with 18 and 13?

here...

Per:3 Time: 0:46 Team: DET Goal: K. MALTBY (5) Assist: B. SHANAHAN (20) H. ZETTERBERG (26)

It was Dats.

Old
01-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:

I was thinking the same as I watched this game. Is it....could it be....nawwwwwwwwww....REALLY?? He actually can skate at speeds over 2 mph?

I had a hard time picking him out because I was looking for a guy that (a) lumbered behind the play all the time, and (b) made turnover after turnover in his own end. I couldn't find him!

Any update on Johnsson?

Old
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
SlavaKozlov

Hatcher isn't a bad defenseman, we just got a damaged Hatcher and sadly he didn't recover fully enough to contribute, well, anything. I think the buyout of his contract had more to do with the amount of money he was owed and our cap situation rather than his play. I know the Wings fans all agree the Hatcher situation was a mistake, but really, I woudn't mind having the healthy, nasty, solid defensive play Hatcher over here. Too bad it was too big of a cap hit...Kenny and his crazy contracts...

Anyway, I can't watch any of the games due to my location (NE Ohio) but it seems like the Wings kicked some *** and against one of the best teams in the league. That's ALWAYS good to see. Looks like putting Dats and Z together payed off as well!

Old
01-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Higgy4

Not much to complain about tonight, eh?

Great game all around. Everyone played well.

Thats all I have to say about it.

Actually...there was one more thing. The best part of the game was Stevie's assist. He gets DRILLED by Kapanen on his way to making a change. He has to stay on the ice because of the icing, and he looked dog tired. He lays a pretty good lick on a guy then leads 2 on 1 rush with Lang for a nice goal. I actually stood up out of my chair after that goal. That was fun to watch.

Last edited by Higgy4: 01-12-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old
01-13-2006, 01:50 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Great win tonight

First off all I want to congratulat Yzerman with his assist that moved him by Howe

The Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Shanahan line was amazing tonight. Great to see that they played a important role.

Lang was playing a solid game (according to you guys)!

A much needed win for the team, hopefully this will "spark" something for the next game's

Old
01-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan

here...

NHL is clueless. Philadelphia played Chiago the other night and they still have Ellison listed as scoring the first goal for Chicago, even though he's playing for the Phantoms. Then there is ESPNs fluke which gives Ulf Samuelsson credit for a goal well after his retirement.

The best site for boxscores is probably TSN, it'll give you prompt and accurate stats if you look under the game log.

Old
01-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Shoalzie

Definitely pissed that I didn't get to go this game. That third period alone would've worth the price of admission. The passing was incredible from the Wings. I don't know if that happens if the Flyers had Desjardins and Pitkanen in the lineup but Philly didn't know what to do with the Datsyuk-Zetterberg combo. Hatcher was throwing the body around but made one critical mistake on one of the Zetterberg goals when he took the pass instead of the man.

Old
01-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Robson

Quote:
The best site for boxscores is probably TSN, it'll give you prompt and accurate stats if you look under the game log.
looks like they give the goal maltby too... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=6326

how can something like that happen? i just saw the gamehighlights on nhl and its datsyuk for sure....

i don't know if hanks first goal is unassisted or not....he gets the passes definitley from shanny and pavel but misses his first shot. actually it was an own-goal from Niitymaki. but you can also say that Hank scored of his own rebound.

will the stats be corrected? have somebody wrote an emial to nhl.com?

Old
01-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Goldark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson
looks like they give the goal maltby too... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=6326

how can something like that happen? i just saw the gamehighlights on nhl and its datsyuk for sure....

i don't know if hanks first goal is unassisted or not....he gets the passes definitley from shanny and pavel but misses his first shot. actually it was an own-goal from Niitymaki. but you can also say that Hank scored of his own rebound.

will the stats be corrected? have somebody wrote an emial to nhl.com?
Those who have Datsyuk on their fantasy hockey teams are getting ripped off of a goal and an assist. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter much, but it's a pretty bad mistake.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:10 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Well, that was fun!

I watched the game three times, and that is DEFINITELY Pasha's goal, no doubt about it. Just remember the old saying, "there are lies, damned lies, and statistics"

What a line tonight with Brendan, Henrik and Pasha...that was poetry in motion, kids.

Now if we can do the same thing to the Rangers...

Old
01-13-2006, 05:06 PM
MetalMilitia

That was one of the best games the Wings have played this season. Lang and Chelios didn't look horrible and Zetts, Dats and Shanny dominated. The Wings were lucky to catch the Flyers on the last game of an 11 game road trip, and they sure didn't disappoint.

Closed Thread