HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers players for ????

Old
02-07-2012, 02:06 AM
nzoilerfan

vCash: 500
Oilers players for ????

I know that we will never get a good feel for players value until moves are actually made, but I want to get an Idea of if I'm even remotely close.

Khabibulin to TB for Roloson and a 5th round pick ????

Hemsky, Sutton, Reider to NAS for Ellis or Blum+1st

Also is Peckham worth anything to anyone?

I know this will get flamed but my real reason Is for people to post what they think are legitimate packages you would think Hemsky gets. If you were the oilers and dealing a talent like him. Like it or not his shoulders seem fine and he bounced right up after that massive Kronwall hit, he is shooting more, put him on a contending roster and that team gets a heck of a lot better for what is probably ging to be a reasonable price.

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 02:50 AM
burgess1978

I think you are undervaluing Khabibulin, and over-valuing that other package.

I like the idea of packaging Hemsky + Sutton. Plenty of teams could use that combination of players. Sutton would be a very good #5 on a playoff team. That said Ellis/Blum + 1st is a bit much IMHO. I also don't think Nashville in particular will trade one of their young D until the Weber/Suter situation is known.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Sniped90

I dont get why so many people are wanting to get rid of peckham honestly i like him and think he's a good dman conpaired to a few that are playing. but i agree that you are under estimating khabby and nas needs to sort out their d deals with weber and suter before doing anything with ellis or blum

Sniped90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 03:31 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'd expect that 5th to be at least a 3rd.

As for Hemsky + Sutton. I'd want more than Ellis or Blum + 1st. I'd rather it be another roster player, but 2nd-3rd might be reasonable.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 04:00 AM
EdmOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
As for Hemsky + Sutton. I'd want more than Ellis or Blum + 1st. I'd rather it be another roster player, but 2nd-3rd might be reasonable.
I'm not flaming but thats crazy. Hemsky wont be back anyway, and which of our defensemen not named Whitney is better than Ellis or Blum? Plus a first? If the Oilers could pull this off it would be a great trade.

EdmOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2012, 06:19 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmOil View Post
I'm not flaming but thats crazy. Hemsky wont be back anyway, and which of our defensemen not named Whitney is better than Ellis or Blum? Plus a first? If the Oilers could pull this off it would be a great trade.
Blum is suffering from the Pajarrvi syndrome and he's in the AHL right now. I have to admit Ellis has been good offensively so far.

True that Hemsky won't be back next year. But TBH I can't see Nashville coughing up Ellis. With the prospect of Sutter and Weber leaving they can't afford to let go of their best upend coming d-man.

I could see them giving up Blum... plus what all depends on how high Nashville's GM regards Hemsky. My guess is no more than Blum and a second.

Now add Sutton to the mix. I could see Nashville trying hard to resign a guy like that. I think that he could probably sign with a dozen teams in the off-season. To me he's worth more than upping a playoff team's 2nd rounder to a first rounder.

I'm pretty sure there are 5 or so teams out there who'd cough up a second rounder for Sutton so I'd do that and then try to get a prospect who's heavily favoured to tun into a good top-4 d-man and a 2nd rounder for Hemsky.

To Nashville - Hemsky
To Edmonton Blum + 2nd

To ??? - Sutton
To Edmonton - 2nd rounder.

Mark my words; before the trade deadline there are going to be a number of Oil fans who're going to wish that Edmonton would resign him. I won't be one of those people. He's dirty and he's got horrible excuses for the bush league hits he's layer out on others this year. That's just embarrassing to me and I don't want that kind of player on my team.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Sniped90

uh you do realize that sutton was brought in to protect the kids right

Sniped90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 06:04 AM
denkiteki

Oilers are better off waiting for next year to move Khabibulin. Probably can get more than an expiring contract and a 5th next year. Not like the Oilers need the cap space next year anyways.

The package... i doubt the Preds are too interested. Hemsky really doesn't fit in the Preds system too well (they'll probably be after Ruutu if anyone). Sutton isn't a huge upgrade for them on D i don't think so there's not a major reason for them to do this (except maybe to prevent the Wings from getting those 2?).

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 07:27 AM
moneygoalie31

Hemsky and PRV to Buffallo for Stafford and Kassian
Sutton for a 2nd from anyone (I like him but deal him now and bring him back if they want to)
Smyth to the Rangers for Mcilrath( off season resign)
Barker to Winnipeg for Kulda or Potssma
Khabibulin and Peckham to Columbus for Mason and a 3rd or Khabi and Omark for Rollie and Downie
Eager to Detroit or Vancouver for a 3rd
Hordichuck for a pick

moneygoalie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped90 View Post
I dont get why so many people are wanting to get rid of peckham honestly i like him and think he's a good dman conpaired to a few that are playing.
Exactly, that and he's 24 he almost assurdly will get better. He can play a valuable role.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:02 PM
oilers84

to la
hemsky
sutton
bulin
belanger
1st 2012
2nd 2013

to edm
johnson
bernier
penner
stoll

to stl
whitney
cornet

to edm
stewart

peckham for 4th or 5th rounder to who ever will take him

edm lines

hall nuge ebs
omark/parvi gags stew
smyth stoll jones
eager horcs petrell

johnson petry
gilbert smid
potter ????

bernier
dubs

and sign a 56 dman and a 7 dman

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
to la
hemsky
sutton
bulin
belanger
1st 2012
2nd 2013

to edm
johnson
bernier
penner
stoll

to stl
whitney
cornet

to edm
stewart

peckham for 4th or 5th rounder to who ever will take him

edm lines

hall nuge ebs
omark/parvi gags stew
smyth stoll jones
eager horcs petrell

johnson petry
gilbert smid
potter ????

bernier
dubs

and sign a 56 dman and a 7 dman
That second deal is flat our horrible for the blues.

And do you mean you want us to sign 56 d-men, or a d-man who's #56? Who's #56?

Old
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
oilers84

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
That second deal is flat our horrible for the blues.

And do you mean you want us to sign 56 d-men, or a d-man who's #56? Who's #56?
I meant a 5/6 dman they are easier to come by so what if we added like Hamilton or pitlick to the Stewart deal so they get two good prospects and another top dman

oilers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:57 PM
rockinghockey

Players I want to see get traded from Edm are:
Hemsky - I dont want to resign him, I did about 1 month ago but watching the way he has been playing he is not the type of player I want in Edm. I don't care if he signs with a team next year and is a beast.

Khabi - If we can move him lets do it and go for Bishop or Harding in the off season.

Peckham - Takes too many stupid penalties and is just too slow. Tuebert is just as good as he is.

Sutton - I like him but if we can get a 2nd for him we trade him. If we can't get a 2nd then we resign him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Why do Oilers fans have it in their head that the Predators would pay their 1st and one of their top prospects for a soft upcoming UFA?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:01 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
I know that we will never get a good feel for players value until moves are actually made, but I want to get an Idea of if I'm even remotely close.

I know this will get flamed but my real reason Is for people to post what they think are legitimate packages you would think Hemsky gets. If you were the oilers and dealing a talent like him. Like it or not his shoulders seem fine and he bounced right up after that massive Kronwall hit, he is shooting more, put him on a contending roster and that team gets a heck of a lot better for what is probably ging to be a reasonable price.
You dont get one of those 2 players for that package let alone adding a first

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
I dont get why so many people are wanting to get rid of peckham honestly i like him and think he's a good dman conpaired to a few that are playing. but i agree that you are under estimating khabby and nas needs to sort out their d deals with weber and suter before doing anything with ellis or blum
He's going to be a #4-#6 Dman IMO. Edmonton has a few other players that can play that role.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
sirkadhve

Here's a rumor going around for Hemsky, who i feel is being overvalued a bit in this thread.

Hemsky: Tambellini has 2 offers he has put on the table. NSH: Lindbäck + 2nd OR Josi + 3rd PIT: Niskanen for Hemsky straight up

HHR _ Hockey Twitter (on google)..pretty good rumors from him

Thoughts?

sirkadhve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:56 PM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
hemsky goes to the east most likely for a player/prospect

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
TradeGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post

not enough for Khabibulin. way too much for Hemsky. Peckham's worth a 5th to the right team.

TradeGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Gamefreak
Bee.

Quote:
uh you do realize that sutton was brought in to protect the kids right
No, he was brought in to get rid of Kurtis Foster.

Gamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
I meant a 5/6 dman they are easier to come by so what if we added like Hamilton or pitlick to the Stewart deal so they get two good prospects and another top dman
Um no... That's not going to do it at all. Unless you forgot, they recently gave up Eric Johnson to get Stewart. Yeah it was a package deal, but Stewart was the meat and potatoes of that deal.

Trading Stewart for a package like that is like trading Carter for a package like that. GM does it and he's likely fired.