HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

View Poll Results: Which would you draft this upcoming summer?
Mikhail Grigorenko 53 42.40%
Nail Yakupov 54 43.20%
Other 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 06:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Ive seen Forsberg play quite a lot this season. His team is fighting for a SEL spot right now and they are not giving him a lot of minutes at the moment. He gets around 10 minutes/game but is often very noticable during those. He is only 17 years old, big, but not strong yet on the senior level. His offensive ability is off the charts, seems like he does something spectacular every game. His top speed is average (or slightly above) but he has very quick feet for his size. He is sometimes a bit lost defensively but thats something every junior player tend to be playing against men on big ice. Im guessing thats the main reason for his limited icetime.

Filip Forsbergs favourite player growing up was Peter Forsberg and thats the player he says he models his game after. Ive seen him numerous times try offensive hits while carrying the puck lately but he is generally not as physical as Peter, again, he needs to gain some strenght before he can add any physical presence. He builds his game on determination and is very good one on one. He also seem to time his goals perfectly, not sure how many game winning goals he has on the national teams but I would not be surprised if he holds the record for that. Something that isnt talked about much is his great personality, hes been captain for most national team tournaments. The coach of the swedish WJC team called him more mature than his own older brother (Not sure how mature his brother is though).

Its impossible for me to say where he goes in the draft since I dont watch the CHL or any other junior league but I think Forsberg could turn out to be very good in the end.
I remember you from the WJC threads! Thanks for the insight. Just the fact that he tries to be involved physically is a good indicator. How is his passing? You mentioned his low ice-time. Does he usually play with young talented players on his line? Does he get PP time? Oh and does he really play both wings? I know some European players are very comfortable playing both sides, but I don't remember Forsberg playing both positions.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Kyosuke

I would also very much welcome ur input on F. Forsberg, since I'm not able to keep track of the SEL. His underwhelming season thus far must be the product of minimal ice-time and perhaps even weak linemates. But, from what I heard from some scouts and reports is that the kid has skill and great poise with the puck (sorry didn't get any info on speed and information was scarce).

Old
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
I would also very much welcome ur input on F. Forsberg, since I'm not able to keep track of the SEL. His underwhelming season thus far must be the product of minimal ice-time and perhaps even weak linemates. But, from what I heard from some scouts and reports is that the kid has skill and great poise with the puck (sorry didn't get any info on speed and information was scarce).
17 year olds in the SEL, even the best ones rarely almost never put up big offensive numbers. You really can't judge him by his numbers because of the league he's playing in.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:32 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
17 year olds in the SEL, even the best ones rarely almost never put up big offensive numbers. You really can't judge him by his numbers because of the league he's playing in.
The problem is that he isn't in the SEL, but in the division below it.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The HockeyAllsvenskan is one of the best second tier leagues for what it's worth. He's still playing against adults.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

We can forget about Forsberg if we continue winning like that...I hate when we win!

Old
02-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Kyosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Dang all those sub-divs lol! He's still playing against stiffer competition nonetheless compared to the kids in the CHL. But now that's clear, I not so sold on him anymore... since I originally thought he was playing in the SEL and thought that was a huge accomplishment and would easily put him up there with Yakupov/Grigo.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:06 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
There are very few PPG SEL players to begin with. Combined with the fact that rookies don't get ice-time/worse linemates, and you realize that he's actually doing very well statistically.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not want to burst anybody's bubble but we are surely moving towards NOT having the guy we keep talking about lately. Will surely not have a shot at a Forsberg or even Galchenyuk. At worst, we might have 1 of Dumba, Trouba or Murray. Or we might even go a little further so that we could pick a forwards la Gaunce or Girgemsons. Or a D like Ceci or Reinhart. And wonder at one point, let say if we finish #14, would picking Nieves that much of a stretch.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not want to burst anybody's bubble but we are surely moving towards NOT having the guy we keep talking about lately. Will surely not have a shot at a Forsberg or even Galchenyuk. At worst, we might have 1 of Dumba, Trouba or Murray. Or we might even go a little further so that we could pick a forwards la Gaunce or Girgemsons. Or a D like Ceci or Reinhart. And wonder at one point, let say if we finish #14, would picking Nieves that much of a stretch.
I still think we are a lotto team.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I doubt Murray lasts past #4. I hear Edmonton likes him and Dumba a lot and they are looking to upgrade their cupboard on defense.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I doubt Murray lasts past #4. I hear Edmonton likes him and Dumba a lot and they are looking to upgrade their cupboard on defense.
They will go BPA even if that means a forward.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Baxter View Post
They will go BPA even if that means a forward.
After Yakupov(who will go #1), the #2-6 are pretty close. Forsberg Dumba Trouba Grigorenko Galenychuk/Reinhart/Reilly.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
After Yakupov(who will go #1), the #2-6 are pretty close. Forsberg Dumba Trouba Grigorenko Galenychuk/Reinhart/Reilly.
All of those guys all seem like solid picks, but I really hope we can snag a Centre. We need some depth there in our prospects for a potential 1st line Centreman.

If we don't go BPA

Old
02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
We can forget about Forsberg if we continue winning like that...I hate when we win!
We could just as easily start a 3 game losing streak and then we're looking at a lotto pick again. So many games left, so many teams hanging on...

Old
02-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Protest the Hero

If Collberg and Aberg are future Top 6 wingers, I certainly wouldn't mind picking one of them up.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:19 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
We could just as easily start a 3 game losing streak and then we're looking at a lotto pick again. So many games left, so many teams hanging on...
It's a gamble but if I was Gauthier I'd be talking with Columbus about switching first picks our 2012 for their 2013.This move would give the Habs two firsts and two seconds for the 2013 draft and a good possibility of trading for a lottery pick.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It's a gamble but if I was Gauthier I'd be talking with Columbus about switching first picks our 2012 for their 2013.This move would give the Habs two firsts and two seconds for the 2013 draft and a good possibility of trading for a lottery pick.
Seems like a gamble with a lot more downside than upside...

Old
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I would be happy to get any of Reinhart,Ceci,Girgensons or Nieves if we are out of the top ten.Either that or trade the pick now to Columbus in a swap of firsts for next year,giving the Habs two picks in each of the first two rounds for the 2013 draft which is looking like it will be a deep draft.MacKinnon and Seth Jones come to mind,both could probably make the jump to the Habs right from junior.It's all a gamble why not try to even the odds a bit just in case the Habs do make a good run,hedge our bet.Glad I'm not in Gauthier's spot waiting to see if Markov gets back in time to carry the team into the playoffs.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Guess what. It really won't make that much difference if we end up with one of those guys. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gaunce or Girgensons end up becoming better players than Grigorenko or Forsberg. Same goes with Ceci or Reinhart over Dumba, Murray or Trouba. That's how much of a crap shoot the draft is. These guys are so early in their development stage that it's next to impossible to really know how good they'll be when it's all said and done.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

What would Brassard be worth now? Montreal was scouting the Dallas/CBJ game last night (as were most other teams). I didn't want Brassard when Martin was coach but now I'm more open to him being here.

He's worth more than a 2nd but I wouldn't trade our 1st for him or Tinordi or a player like Leblanc.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What would Brassard be worth now? Montreal was scouting the Dallas/CBJ game last night (as were most other teams). I didn't want Brassard when Martin was coach but now I'm more open to him being here.

He's worth more than a 2nd but I wouldn't trade our 1st for him or Tinordi or a player like Leblanc.
I would hope you wouldn't trade our first for Brassard!!

Old
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

If CBJ can get a 2nd they should take it and quick. He's on pace for under 40 points making 3.2 mil and signed for 2 more years. Might be a decent "buy low" option but I wouldn't pay a ton for him.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
If CBJ can get a 2nd they should take it and quick. He's on pace for under 40 points making 3.2 mil and signed for 2 more years. Might be a decent "buy low" option but I wouldn't pay a ton for him.
I'd be willing to pay a 2nd for him. I think he might work well with Plekanec and on our PP and if he doesn't work out, no big deal.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
S Bah

Quote:

First of all Leblanc isn't going anywhere or Tinordi,but Brassard will most likely be a Hab before the trade deadline.Gauthier and Howson have a good accord and the Habs have made it public they are interested.When Gauthier wants a player he usually gets a deal made.

Closed Thread