HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Maxwell Scored For The Ice Caps Tonight (formerly the BELIEVE thread)

Old
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

vCash: 500
I dispise yakapov's attitude. He's not the kind of player I want on my team. Grigerenko has been called, "your typical russian". He's got the kovalev factor where he cares and then doesn't. And Ryan Murry will most certainly be taken by the oliers whereever they finish, which will in all certainty be below us where ever we finish. I just don't see anything in this draft. It's the worst draft to tank in, so we might as well push for the playoffs, cause the player we get at 6th is gunna be no different than the one we get at 16th.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
I dispise yakapov's attitude. He's not the kind of player I want on my team. Grigerenko has been called, "your typical russian". He's got the kovalev factor where he cares and then doesn't. And Ryan Murry will most certainly be taken by the oliers whereever they finish, which will in all certainty be below us where ever we finish. I just don't see anything in this draft. It's the worst draft to tank in, so we might as well push for the playoffs, cause the player we get at 6th is gunna be no different than the one we get at 16th.
Yakupov will do whatever it takes to win, not sure how anybody can dispise his attitude. He's like Crosby, highly driven and intense.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Okay so we finish 9th and don't make the playoffs, and we don't have a chance to get a high draft pick either? What an awesome logic. Isn't that a double fail or something? But I guess our Habs can achieve this right? After all, they are the best at both failing and being unexpected.
Looking at it from a "glass half full", if we go on a tear and finish 9th, that would mean we played over .600 hockey the last 1/3 of the season and lots of players played well. It may cost us in terms of 1st round pick, but would give our players confidence for next year and help springboiard us back into the top 5-8. Hopefully our UFA's will have been signed or traded and some of young guys got good experience, plus Markov may have shown he is healthy again.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
Okay so we finish 9th and don't make the playoffs, and we don't have a chance to get a high draft pick either? What an awesome logic. Isn't that a double fail or something? But I guess our Habs can achieve this right? After all, they are the best at both failing and being unexpected.
that's not logic, that's reality. higher you finish in the league, lower your chances of picking good draft pick. is the logic flawed somehow?

My point is that fans wishes about what the result should be have no actual baring on the result.
Anyways i don't care about where the team should be, but i want to see them win, all the time, because that's what team wants and that's what makes this sport fun to watch. Delusions of being a GM is less fun IMO

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
Yes and no.

I am not excited by any of these top players.

On the other hand, some teams might be excited, and Habs can deal that high pick for a very good player. It's an ace to have in your cards.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Price My Man Crush

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup haters!

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:08 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

I'm good in either direction, makes the season so much more bearable.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Ginu

Apparently Habs have cancelled practice this morning.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I'm assuming the purpose of this thread isn't to debate the merits of tanking vs. winning, but rather just to cheerlead the winning (and express related optimism and hope)... hence deletion of a bunch of posts.

Not sure there is much value left in "Go Habs Go!", but whatever. Go Habs Go!

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
GrizzLeaf

Leaf fan coming in peace.

I can offer an outsider's perspective, since I've watched the Leafs climb out of the basement to still miss the play-offs and draft out of the top 5 for so many seasons. It sucks. Yes there are a lot of high moments watching the team lift itself up with some great winning streaks and there's a lot of pride in those players. But when you look around the league and realize that other teams are winning games as well, and the oh-so-dreaded 3 point games.... well it crushes you. Then, after a few months into the summer, your pride in the team has long since been tempered by the reality that you're drafting again in the middle of the pack, and you really wish they had just bottomed out to get a better draft pick.

Kinda like tearing a band aid, do it quick. It may hurt more than slowly but it's over with sooner. Suck bad for a season or two, draft well (hopefully) and move on back up into respectability. Or, do like the Leafs, fight it all the way (tear is off slowly and make that pain last longer), so that you don't totally suck, but still miss the play-offs for many more seasons than is necessary.

I'm not here to change any minds. I was very vocal about not tanking. I wanted my team to be a player of winners and not accept any excuse for losing. I still think that way, but man they could have made the play-offs so much longer ago had they just freaking tanked.

Anyhow, good luck tomorrow night (not too much luck ) and I hope things work out for the Habs this season. I really want to see the Habs climb out of the black hole they're in. Fans deserve so much better.

Last edited by GrizzLeaf: 02-10-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLeaf View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace.

I can offer an outsider's perspective, since I've watched the Leafs climb out of the basement to still miss the play-offs and draft out of the top 5 for so many seasons. It sucks. Yes there are a lot of high moments watching the team lift itself up with some great winning streaks and there's a lot of pride in those players. But when you look around the league and realize that other teams are winning games as well, and the oh-so-dreaded 3 point games.... well it crushes you. Then, after a few months into the summer, your pride in the team has long since been tempered by the reality that you're drafting again in the middle of the pack, and you really wish they had just bottomed out to get a better draft pick.

Kinda like tearing a band aid, do it quick. It may hurt more than slowly but it's over with sooner. Suck bad for a season or two, draft well (hopefully) and move on back up into respectability. Or, do like the Leafs, fight it all the way (tear is off slowly and make that pain last longer), so that you don't totally suck, but still miss the play-offs for many more seasons than is necessary.

I'm not here to change any minds. I was very vocal about not tanking. I wanted my team to be a player of winners and not accept any excuse for losing. I still think that way, but man they could have made the play-offs so much longer ago had they just freaking tanked.

Anyhow, good luck tomorrow night (not too much luck ) and I hope things work out for the Habs this season. I really want to see the Habs climb out of the black hole they're in. Fans deserve so much better.
You seem like a good guy, but the sad part is your team might not even make it this year either.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
thegreaterikku

Wouldn't be funny if Montreal managed to make it to a 8th spot during the last game by winning 9-1 against the Leafs saying, we will win the cup no matter what and actually won it?

thegreaterikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:25 AM
llamateizer

I was a believer after ASG but lost hope after losing against WSH/NJD
thoses 3 straight wins might make me change my mind.

actually tomorrow is the game of the season for believing (for short term )

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM
GrizzLeaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
You seem like a good guy, but the sad part is your team might not even make it this year either.
I take nothing for granted. The race for the last few play-off spots is tight and could easily get tighter if a couple of teams that look out of it go on a tear.

GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Jusqu'au bout.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Price My Man Crush

With a win tomorrow against the Leafs IN REGULATION , everything will be possible.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Every game is now do or die, even if the chances of making it remain low. Habs need to play like the have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLeaf View Post
I was very vocal about not tanking.
Toronto were tanking without possessing their first round picks, anyone would be against that

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
With a win tomorrow against the Leafs IN REGULATION , everything will be possible.
Everything is possible because of PARITY!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I want a top 5 pick

We're not going to make the playoffs, we should just admit it, move some assets like Gill, Moen, maybe AK, for prospects and picks, give some young guys more experience and hopefully get a top 5 pick
You make it sound too easy. The Habs may not be able to secure a top 5 pick even after moving some assets because a number of other teams can't or won't win.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Ca sent la coupe!!!

Go Habs Go

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I want a top 5 pick
Max Pacioretty and PK Subban say "Hello"!!! Both were not top 5 picks!!!

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post

What a draft year by our scouts, thanks Bob and Pierre

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post

So was David Fishcher and Kyle Chipchura...

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Alexei Yashvalev

Gotta say, if Montreal wants any hope of making the postseason they better leave it all on the ice against the Leafs tommorow.

If they win they're 7 points back of 8th with no games in hand on either side. That's in the realm of the possible.

Alexei Yashvalev is offline   Reply With Quote