HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyi - tml

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 11:49 PM
TradeGuru*

vCash: 500
would clear a lot of cap room for the Leafs too. maybe Burke could raid the free agency market for some real players in the summer.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Hipietro

Come on, really? Give it up.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Kyosuke

I stated this earlier today: "Montreal and Toronto make the worst trade proposals and that's a fact." But dang I don't even think the Habs can top off this one, it's cuz of fan proposals like this that the rest of the TML community end up being ridiculed.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
I stated this earlier today: "Montreal and Toronto make the worst trade proposals and that's a fact." But dang I don't even think the Habs can top off this one, it's cuz of fan proposals like this that the rest of the TML community end up being ridiculed.
I think in general most people who make trade proposals think that they can pile up a bunch of decent stuff on there team along with a draft pick for other teams star players(which is not the reality of how the trade market works). The only reason it seems worse by fans of the 2 teams you mentioned is they have more fans on the board then any other team but you see the same type of trade proposal by many fans of other teams

Old
02-10-2012, 02:39 AM
coursy17

Huge Leaf fan here. Love Tavares. This trade is amazing.. like think about it isles you get........ NO JUST STOP THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Old
02-10-2012, 08:34 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke needs me View Post
I know everyone will immediately hate this from every possible perspective... but I will post any way.. hoping that people just stop and think for a bit.... BEFORE they write ... "i wouldn't do it"

what do the Leafs need?? Who has Burke always wanted??
a 1A centre.

What do the leafs have a surplus of?
defencemen....

so here we go....

Leafs acquire
Tavares
and Nabokov if Islanders want a Leaf goalie.

Islanders acquire
Phaneuf
Connolly
Colborne
Percy or Biggs
Reimer or Gustaffson if Nabokov is traded
AHL prospect along the lines of Frattin, D'amigo, or Blacker
2012 1st round pick

that's 3 recent first rounders, like 'em or hate 'em an all star d-man who is 6th in scoring, B-type prospect, and Connolly as a stop gap for losing their franchise player.

and before all the Islander fans get bent out of shape....
if Gretzky can be traded in his prime... then anyone can be traded.

personally i'd like to see NYI also include Moulson or Parenteau, but I would still do the above to secure JT in a leaf uniform.
I think JT would immediately give the leafs 3 lethal lines.
holy overpayment batman!!!!i seen your user name is that you MR NONIS!

Old
02-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
I know everyone will immediately hate this from every possible perspective... but I will post any way.. hoping that people just stop and think for a bit.... BEFORE they write ... "i wouldn't do it"

what do the Leafs need?? Who has Burke always wanted??
a 1A centre.

What do the leafs have a surplus of?
defencemen....

so here we go....

Leafs acquire
Tavares
and Nabokov if Islanders want a Leaf goalie.

Islanders acquire
Phaneuf
Connolly
Colborne
Percy or Biggs
Reimer or Gustaffson if Nabokov is traded
AHL prospect along the lines of Frattin, D'amigo, or Blacker
2012 1st round pick

that's 3 recent first rounders, like 'em or hate 'em an all star d-man who is 6th in scoring, B-type prospect, and Connolly as a stop gap for losing their franchise player.

and before all the Islander fans get bent out of shape....
if Gretzky can be traded in his prime... then anyone can be traded.

personally i'd like to see NYI also include Moulson or Parenteau, but I would still do the above to secure JT in a leaf uniform.
I think JT would immediately give the leafs 3 lethal lines.
Seems like an awful lot for one guy

That may be the amount it takes to make nyi fans okay with it (I mean in quantity and my opinion quality, but I'm sure nyi fans don't agree) but in the real NHL nobody would give all that for one guy

Old
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Seems like an awful lot for one guy

That may be the amount it takes to make nyi fans okay with it (I mean in quantity and my opinion quality, but I'm sure nyi fans don't agree) but in the real NHL nobody would give all that for one guy
Offering a bunch of redundant pieces does not make this a good deal for the NYI.

Colborne:Isles have center prospects Strome , Brock Nelson ,Ullstrom and Cizikas. I think Sundstrom plays center too.

Connolly:why would the nyi prefer the older ,more expensive ,less productive and brittle Connolly over Tavares?

Reimer/Gus: even ignoring what a huge disappointment Gus has been for the Leafs ,the nyi have Poulin/Nilson at Bridgeport , Koskinen in Europe and a good chance to re-sign Montoya.

Isles have a lot of quality ,unproven prospects.Why exactly are they interested in trading 21/22 yr old Tavares , for Toronto's unproven prospects?

Old
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Osstrayan
#murderskate

Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
So Leafs trade our #1 D and captain, one of our top prospects in Colborne, Reimer, Biggs or Percy, Frattin, D'Amigo or Blacker AND a 1st for TAVARES? Nabakov has no value to the Leafs and the Leafs here get fleeeeeeeeeeced
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEAF View Post
holy overpayment batman!!!!i seen your user name is that you MR NONIS!

It made me lol that there were fans in this thread who actually thought the leafs get ripped off here.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Original Rob

Old
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Burke needs me

it's a shame people don't look at deals in the past.

I forgot to mention that Leafs should be amenable to taking Rolston if the NYI wanted to salary dump. If you notice most trades nowadays, the salaries usually match up pretty well.

here's a truth for you.
if the leafs signed JT as an RFA for his existing salary ($4,701,131 $6,268,175 range) .. the cost to the leafs would be first, second and third-round pick
That's what the CBA deemed "fair value" for losing an asset in JT's salary range.
--
in my proposal, i offered an all star defenceman, who's only 27, and 3 additional first rounders, and MORE in term of younger goalies and an additional prospect -- (not even mentioning Connolly who was also a 1st rounder a long time ago). That's a lot of assets.

That's giving the Islanders a lot of depth... something they haven't had since Trottier and Bossy.
Tavares is only an asset. He can be moved for other assets.

--
Jeff Carter was moved for basically 2 first rounders.
MIke Richards was moved for a 1st (Schenn) and 2nd (Simmonds) and a 2nd.

why is it so outrageous when someone offers 4 firsts (phaneuf was a 1st rounder) plus more for Tavares?

Is JT soooo much better than Richards and Carter?

Kessel cost 2 first and a second.
Is JT soooo much better than Kessel?

i would have rather received a realistic counter from Isles fans.. instead of the usual gibberish.

--
don't forget that Rumour has it that Islanders offered 1st overall pick (JT) to Toronto for L. Schenn and the 7th overall pick at the draft.

I know Isles fans love JT... I know why.... but I also know Islanders are missing playoffs again... so the need to re-build continues.... re-building means get more assets.

--
If any team offered 4 first rounders for Kessel, I'd trade him in a heartbeat!
---
and don't forget, I agree it is a lot to ask NY to trade JT, but he potentially could be one hit away from season/career ending concussion... that's always a risk.

and... let's not forget... ESPN doesn't even think JT belongs on the top 25 list of young guns....

so for all you flamers.... stop and think before you type.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Burke needs me

dufus

Old
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Burke needs me

well... thank you... at least your reply is thought out and intelligent.
you don't have to agree to like the trade.... that's ok with me.

I just threw out what I thought would be enough value to pry JT away.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Destiny

Quote:

I forgot to mention that Leafs should be amenable to taking Rolston if the NYI wanted to salary dump. If you notice most trades nowadays, the salaries usually match up pretty well.

here's a truth for you.
if the leafs signed JT as an RFA for his existing salary ($4,701,131 — $6,268,175 range) .. the cost to the leafs would be first, second and third-round pick
That's what the CBA deemed "fair value" for losing an asset in JT's salary range.
--
in my proposal, i offered an all star defenceman, who's only 27, and 3 additional first rounders, and MORE in term of younger goalies and an additional prospect -- (not even mentioning Connolly who was also a 1st rounder a long time ago). That's a lot of assets.

That's giving the Islanders a lot of depth... something they haven't had since Trottier and Bossy.

--

why is it so outrageous when someone offers 4 firsts (phaneuf was a 1st rounder) plus more for Tavares?

i would have rather received a realistic counter from Isles fans.. instead of the usual gibberish.

--
don't forget that Rumour has it that Islanders offered 1st overall pick (JT) to Toronto for L. Schenn and the 7th overall pick at the draft.

I know Isles fans love JT... I know why.... but I also know Islanders are missing playoffs again... so the need to re-build continues.... re-building means get more assets.

--
---
and don't forget, I agree it is a lot to ask NY to trade JT, but he potentially could be one hit away from season/career ending concussion... that's always a risk.

and... let's not forget... ESPN doesn't even think JT belongs on the top 25 list of young guns....

When someone starts defending ESPN's opinion, you know what has to come out...

Old
02-10-2012, 11:20 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:

here's a truth for you.
if the leafs signed JT as an RFA for his existing salary ($4,701,131 — $6,268,175 range) .. the cost to the leafs would be first, second and third-round pick
--

--

--

--
---

Tavares is the New York Islanders. You listed Carter, Richards, and Kessel as comparable trades.

Carter and Richards were dethroned by Giroux. The Flyers felt that if anyone was going to take them to the Stanley Cup, it was going to be Giroux. Richards and Carter brought them to the finals, didn't play as well as the Flyers would have hoped, and decided they could get solid assets for these players to build around Giroux, not Richards and Carter. I didn't agree with trading Richards, who I thought epitomized everything Flyers hockey was about, but Carter I understood.

Kessel was a monetary issue. He wanted a lot more money than the Bruins were willing to offer, and players like Lucic and Wheeler were taking over Kessel's ability. At one point it seemed like Kessel didn't believe in the Bruins' future either, and decided he would rather play hockey somewhere else (and it seemed like Toronto was his desired destination). They traded for Horton the next season, who I think the fans like a lot more than they like Kessel and is a better fit for the way the Bruins play hockey.

Nobody is going to dethrone Tavares, nobody is upset with how Tavares is going to be paid for the next 6 years and hopefully (and almost certainly) beyond. There is no reason for the Islanders to move Tavares.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:21 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

--

--
---

Tavares is signed for the next 6 seasons.So signing him as a rfa will be a neat trick.

Rolston is a ufa after this season ,so moving his salary is not a big deal.

Carter and Richards were moved because their team wanted to change the culture(rumored partying).Isles love Tavares' maturity and work ethic.It's great when a team's most talented player is also it's hardest worker.

Tavares' upside is higher then Connolly's or Colbornes'. A case could be made that Strome and Nelson's upsides are higher then Colbornes.

Why do the NYI want Leaf prospects ,when they have deep prospect pool of their own?

Reimer or Gus?Ya gotta be kidding.The NYI have 3 quality goalie prospects and Montoya likes playing for them.

Phaneuf is the only trade chip of interest and no NYI fan , would want him at the expense of Tavares.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:25 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Phaneuf is the only trade chip of interest and no NYI fan , would want him at the expense of Tavares.
Or anyone really. I would hate to see Phaneuf with the Islanders, he's a dirtbag.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Islanderfan72

I'll put it this way, if Tavares is ever traded I and 95% of the Islander fans out there would no longer watch this team.

same mistakes over and over again = insanity

Old
02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Isles

Islanders will NEVER give up Taveres he is UNTOUCHABLE

Old
02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles View Post
Islanders will NEVER give up Taveres he is UNTOUCHABLE
I agree.For a change the isles lucked out.

Tavares is such a high character kid.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Trebek
Mod Supervisor

A+, would read again.

Closed Thread