HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
  #176
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I give up. There's no point debating you. You're now tearing Bob for everything you defend Bryz against tooth and nail.
Dammit, Beef, I just made popcorn! I wanted him to explain himself for times 5 through 20!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
  #177
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I give up. There's no point debating you. You're now tearing Bob for everything you defend Bryz against tooth and nail.
You are wasting your time.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:10 PM
  #178
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
You are wasting your time.
you think it's incorrect to say they would have had a better chance without the bad goal against?

or that the loss is on the team, not Bob?

you really think those statements are unreasonable?

i don't think that is unfair at all. it makes sense. 1 less goal against would have made it a tighter game [not a guaranteed win]. the bad goal [#3] is that goal.

and the loss certainly is on his team [that didn't play for the 1st 45 minutes], not Bob.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 08:39 PM
  #179
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you think it's incorrect to say they would have had a better chance without the bad goal against?
My claim was based on your posts historically, not on the argument.

Beef is a pretty reasonable guy.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
  #180
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
guess so, he's the one who taught me that you CAN blame a goalie for a bad goal, and NOT blame him for the loss, even in a 1 goal game, after the WPG game. so, my 'history' since then is to follow that example. I'm surprised that taking that stance today has caused so much confusion and uproar.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
  #181
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
BOB deserves another start.

Played well after the D left him for a thrashing last Sat.

Had the one really weak goal but that is it.

Maybe if we actually start playing him consistently, he can work on that.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:58 PM
  #182
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,393
vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
BOB deserves another start.

Played well after the D left him for a thrashing last Sat.

Had the one really weak goal but that is it.

Maybe if we actually start playing him consistently, he can work on that.
I'm game for seeing him play against the big guns this weekend. But don't bet on him getting consistent time. We're overpaying another goalie to carry the load.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM
  #183
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,994
vCash: 500
If Bryz has the flu, then Bob will HAVE to start the next game.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
  #184
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,260
vCash: 500
It's awfully strang timing: Pronger shows up at the rink, then Bryzgalov is out "sick". Just pointing things out.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:39 PM
  #185
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
It's awfully strang timing: Pronger shows up at the rink, then Bryzgalov is out "sick". Just pointing things out.
hmm your on to something here... We need to dig deeper!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:52 PM
  #186
iamcanadian23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
As per his translator on Twitter, Bobrovsky was unsatisfied with his performance and credits the team for the win. He also says - despite a screen - he had the second goal and couldn't hold on, and admits being out of position.

Although it wasn't his greatest game, it's nice to see the goaltender admit fault when he makes a mistake. I think it's this kind of thing that endears him to most fans, myself included.

Hockey skills and development aside - this young kid comes in and quietly just goes about his business. He takes the blame when it is due and doesn't make excuses. He seems to avoid the spotlight - good or bad. He seems to realize his shortcomings and reportedly works hard to correct them. He stays pretty calm throughout the course of a game and always keeps fighting to make saves - even if it is occasionally to his detriment. I know his mental toughness is questioned due to a largely exaggerated quote from last season, but his attitude seems great.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:56 AM
  #187
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
BOB deserves another start.

Played well after the D left him for a thrashing last Sat.

Had the one really weak goal but that is it.
'well' .. that about describes it. but goal #3 vs NJD was his fault for coughing up the rebound instead of steering it into the corner with 5 seconds left in the period. that's not the defense's fault at all.

why aren't you saying that he had 1 really weak goal [#2] and 1 weak goal [#3] .... while I'm not claiming goal #3 was awful, and I won't blame Bob for it, he coughed up a rebound & didn't get up / was out of position ..... it's very noticeable how he gets a free pass so often ..... yet Bryz gets blamed on 3 on 2 rushes, a pass to a wide open guy at the bottom of the circle .....

Bob had a 'good' game, they won, 1 awful goal, some great saves [mainly leg saves late] - i really like his quickness ....
but i'm starting to think we notice it a lot more because he's out of position frequently .... he is even admitting poor positioning

he was not screened on goal # 2 .... the view from behind the net showed a clear path to the net, and the puck right into his glove. If that had been Bryz, the Lynch Mob would be here in full force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Had the one really weak goal but that is it.
Maybe if we actually start playing him consistently, he can work on that.
seriously ? he can't work on catching a puck that's right into his glove unless it's in a game? really?

I see: Bob gets to play to 'work on things' by getting starts ..... but that doesn't apply to both goalies ....

so, which is it? is Bob the better goalie in your view ? if so, you can't excuse every mistake with 'well, Bryz makes more money, and Bob's young, so we're gonna give Bob a pass'

if you think he's better, then time to put the Big Boy pants on, and enough with the lame excuses.

personally, I don't care who the '#1' is .... i don't care about contracts, 24/7, or anything else ... I want to see the goalies do well, and since the WC, both are doing well

this season:
Bryz: 2.78 .900
Bob: 2.71 .910

Bob HAS TO start saturday in my opinion.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:57 AM
  #188
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Yesterday, Bobrovsky had good moments and he had very bad moments. I've seen him play better.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
  #189
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
'well' .. that about describes it. but goal #3 vs NJD was his fault for coughing up the rebound instead of steering it into the corner with 5 seconds left in the period. that's not the defense's fault at all.

why aren't you saying that he had 1 really weak goal [#2] and 1 weak goal [#3] .... while I'm not claiming goal #3 was awful, and I won't blame Bob for it, he coughed up a rebound & didn't get up / was out of position ..... it's very noticeable how he gets a free pass so often ..... yet Bryz gets blamed on 3 on 2 rushes, a pass to a wide open guy at the bottom of the circle .....

Bob had a 'good' game, they won, 1 awful goal, some great saves [mainly leg saves late] - i really like his quickness ....
but i'm starting to think we notice it a lot more because he's out of position frequently .... he is even admitting poor positioning

he was not screened on goal # 2 .... the view from behind the net showed a clear path to the net, and the puck right into his glove. If that had been Bryz, the Lynch Mob would be here in full force.



seriously ? he can't work on catching a puck that's right into his glove unless it's in a game? really?

I see: Bob gets to play to 'work on things' by getting starts ..... but that doesn't apply to both goalies ....

so, which is it? is Bob the better goalie in your view ? if so, you can't excuse every mistake with 'well, Bryz makes more money, and Bob's young, so we're gonna give Bob a pass'

if you think he's better, then time to put the Big Boy pants on, and enough with the lame excuses.

personally, I don't care who the '#1' is .... i don't care about contracts, 24/7, or anything else ... I want to see the goalies do well, and since the WC, both are doing well

this season:
Bryz: 2.78 .900
Bob: 2.71 .910

Bob HAS TO start saturday in my opinion.
1.How in the world can you blame BOB for goal number 3 lol. He made the intital save from the slot, and made the rebound save. He did his job. When the opposition continues to pound away its up to the D to clear the puck.

2.I said the 2nd goal was weak, hence the weak goal comment in my post LOL.

3.Bryz HAS had the majority of the first half of the season to work on his issues. Hence why he has so many more starts than BOB.

4.WTF are you talking about? Lame excuses? BOB is getting the exact same goal by goal observation from me that I give Bryz. Just because BOB hasn't given up any pee wee backhanders doesn't mean he and Bryz aren't getting critiqued the same.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
  #190
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
That second goal was bad, nothing he could have done about goal 1, and maybe his rebound control could have been better for goal 3, but his defense also has to clear the zone.

The thing is, last night bob made a GREAT save with a few minutes left. A save when we needed it. Something bryz hasn't been able to do on a regular basis.

We needed to stop the bleeding of a 3 game winning streak, and he delivered.

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:31 AM
  #191
Tim Tebow
Registered User
 
Tim Tebow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Westeros
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
That second goal was bad, nothing he could have done about goal 1, and maybe his rebound control could have been better for goal 3, but his defense also has to clear the zone.

The thing is, last night bob made a GREAT save with a few minutes left. A save when we needed it. Something bryz hasn't been able to do on a regular basis.

We needed to stop the bleeding of a 3 game winning streak, and he delivered.
Now this post shows an extreme bias towards Bob.

Bob made a great save. So what? Know who else had a great save? Antero Niittymaki, Robert Esche, Marty Biron, Brian Boucher had 2 epic saves. Even Bryz has had some pretty great saves.

You can praise Bob for winning a 4-3 game but you can't give Bryz credit for losing a game that he had a shutout in? Keep in mind this 3 game losing streak was started by Bob in New Jersey in that 6-4 loss.

This Bob love affair is more ridiculous then the Tim Tebow thing. Giving said player excessive credit for wins in games where they really don't play well. Bob is an average goalie.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
  #192
Cmoneyflyguy
Registered User
 
Cmoneyflyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wayne, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
BOB deserves another start.

Played well after the D left him for a thrashing last Sat.

Had the one really weak goal but that is it.

Maybe if we actually start playing him consistently, he can work on that.
Doesn't Bryz deserve another start after a SHUTOUT in his last game??????

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:44 AM
  #193
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
1.How in the world can you blame BOB for goal number 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
while I'm not claiming goal #3 was awful, and I won't blame Bob for it, he coughed up a rebound & didn't get up / was out of position .....

it's very noticeable how he gets a free pass so often ..... yet Bryz gets blamed on 3 on 2 rushes, a pass to a wide open guy at the bottom of the circle .....
Bryz would have been blamed for poor rebound control, poor positioning, over playing the puck & not getting back on his skates etc etc etc

that was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
2.I said the 2nd goal was weak
and if that were Bryz, you would have said 2 weak goals, along with probably some 'Universe' comments as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
3.Bryz HAS had the majority of the first half of the season to work on his issues. Hence why he has so many more starts than BOB.
goalies rarely [if ever] 'work on issues' in games. they work on them in practice ... you craving to see Bob in net [because you have admittedly 'given up' on Bryz], is making you say backward things -- the 2 worst goals given up since the WC were: last night vs TOR & goal #3 vs NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post

4.WTF are you talking about? Lame excuses? BOB is getting the exact same goal by goal observation from me that I give Bryz.
no, you [the 'I'm done with Bryz' crowd] hold Bryz to a higher standard because he makes more money and Bob is only a 2nd year player - they are lame excuses to hold Bob to a lower standard & issue free passes. I have no doubt Bob would have gotten passes on goals 3 and 4 vs NYR

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
  #194
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Doesn't Bryz deserve another start after a SHUTOUT in his last game??????
The guy imploded in the SO.

He has been given multiple chances and he always implodes.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM
  #195
Cmoneyflyguy
Registered User
 
Cmoneyflyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wayne, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
The guy imploded in the SO.

He has been given multiple chances and he always implodes.
Right on, logic and reason have no place in this discussion.
Gotcha

Have a nice day.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:53 AM
  #196
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
Bryz would have been blamed for poor rebound control, poor positioning, over playing the puck & not getting back on his skates etc etc etc

that was my point.
So you either blame BOB or that goal is tossed out. Which is it?

Quote:
and if that were Bryz, you would have said 2 weak goals, along with probably some 'Universe' comments as well
What the fack are you talking about? I said 1st and 3rd weren't on BOB. 2nd was. How is that two?

Quote:
goalies rarely [if ever] 'work on issues' in games. they work on them in practice ... you craving to see Bob in net [because you have admittedly 'given up' on Bryz], is making you say backward things -- the 2 worst goals given up since the WC were: last night vs TOR & goal #3 vs NJD
Waaa? You're saying both those goals are WORSE than the Gaborik goal lol?


Quote:
no, you [the 'I'm done with Bryz' crowd] hold Bryz to a higher standard because he makes more money and Bob is only a 2nd year player - they are lame excuses to hold Bob to a lower standard & issue free passes. I have no doubt Bob would have gotten passes on goals 3 and 4 vs NYR
You mad your all star can't outplay a 2nd year goaltender?

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
  #197
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Right on, logic and reason have no place in this discussion.
Gotcha

Have a nice day.
Outside of the Bruins game, please give me one reason to have faith in this guy based on his performance this season.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
  #198
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It
 
Flyersfan1493's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Now this post shows an extreme bias towards Bob.

Bob made a great save. So what? Know who else had a great save? Antero Niittymaki, Robert Esche, Marty Biron, Brian Boucher had 2 epic saves. Even Bryz has had some pretty great saves.

You can praise Bob for winning a 4-3 game but you can't give Bryz credit for losing a game that he had a shutout in? Keep in mind this 3 game losing streak was started by Bob in New Jersey in that 6-4 loss.

This Bob love affair is more ridiculous then the Tim Tebow thing. Giving said player excessive credit for wins in games where they really don't play well. Bob is an average goalie.
Not even close.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Bryz has made many big saves, but due to how he plays, they're not flashy or exciting like Bob's.

Also, I don't understand how ANYONE can blame the NYI game on Bryz. Last I checked, shooters need to score in the mini-game as well.

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
  #199
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Now this post shows an extreme bias towards Bob.

Bob made a great save. So what? Know who else had a great save? Antero Niittymaki, Robert Esche, Marty Biron, Brian Boucher had 2 epic saves. Even Bryz has had some pretty great saves.

You can praise Bob for winning a 4-3 game but you can't give Bryz credit for losing a game that he had a shutout in? Keep in mind this 3 game losing streak was started by Bob in New Jersey in that 6-4 loss.

This Bob love affair is more ridiculous then the Tim Tebow thing. Giving said player excessive credit for wins in games where they really don't play well. Bob is an average goalie.
Let me clarify...

Yes bryz makes big saves (and for the record, I'm a bryz supporter even though I like Bob), but the point a lot of people are making is that bryz hasn't been known to come through this season when its NEEDED. Example, soft goals, huge saves in the 3rd period in a 1 goal game, and some people will mention shoot outs etc.

I think he's turning it around, but I still dnt think he has the fighter's spirit that bob does.

I liked his quote from last night "I don't care who's fault it is, I don't like giving up goals"(or something along those lines).

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
  #200
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
So you either blame BOB or that goal is tossed out. Which is it?
my point was that you would blame Bryz if he had given up that 3rd goal, no question in my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
I said 1st and 3rd weren't on BOB. 2nd was. How is that two?
again, had that been Bryz, you would have said 2 bad goals, no question in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
You're saying both those goals are WORSE than the Gaborik goal
absolutely: both were a result of Bob having an initial / un-screened shot, which he misplayed into goals. Bryz did exactly what he should have, it snuck through = his fault, but in Bob's case he did not do what he should have: steered puck into corner & let time run out vs NJD and catch the puck vs TOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
You mad your all star can't outplay a 2nd year goaltender?
1. you sound like a 5 year old [fitting with the avatar] when you say things like that
2. he's not 'my' anything. i don't care who is the #1 [unlike, for example; you]
3. you continue to claim Bob is better, and that you judge them fairly, but then bring up that he's a 2nd year goaltender ..... after a poor start by Bryz, he HAS outplayed Bob. the stats and facts and my eyes prove that.

that being said, Bob should start Sat.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.