HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#55, 2/9/12, Kings lose to Panthers 3-1

Old
02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
I love the Kings road trips now because they save me time. I didn't get home from work until 7pm last night, checked the score and opted to watch the whole first season of East Bound and Down (hadn't seen it yet).

As far as I'm concerned, they played great last night. Keep it up guys!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

need new faces, bring up Kozun, cant be any worse than it is now, atleast try some things out.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:41 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Someone on Hammondblog mentioned that Jordan Nolan is on his way up. Take it with a humongous grain of salt, since it wasn't corroborated with a source, but I take what excitement I can get after games like last night

All I can say about last night's game now is that it upset me, but nothing to do but move on. Two big back-to-back games coming up (who decided to road trip from NYI to Dallas in less than 24 hours? Blecch )
Seems like that dude was right.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Dwight King and Jordan Nolan Ryan should save the season.. Dwight King jumpstarted the Kings offense last time he was up.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

After last night's games (Kings have 27 games remaining):

90 points to make the playoffs -- 14-13 record (.519)
Current pace: 92 points, #7 seed.
SPP pace (11-5-6) = .636, which projects to 96 points, still #7 seed.

100 points needed to move up to #6 - 19-8 record (.704 percentage)

104 points needed to take Pacific - 21-6 record (.778 percentage)

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Dwight King and Jordan Nolan Ryan should save the season.. Dwight King jumpstarted the Kings offense last time he was up.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Voicing complaint when things are "bad" and remaining silent when things are "good" .....an argument can be made that this is directly linked to millions of years of evolution.
Go ahead and complain when things are bad, but remaining silent when things are good isn't a positive, nevermind a direct evolutionary link. I come from the mindset that if you can ***** when someone ****s up, then you can applaud when they do well. Some of you only learned the first half of this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
What about the people that saw this coming with the hiring of Murray and Sutter? People complain about the "complainers" after a win even though the same issues are still present. The reason you see more posts after a loss is because the team is the worst offensive team in the NHL, not just bad, but the worst. If people bring up the fact that the Kings are 15-0-1 when scoring 3+ goals, we are told that this proves the "system" works and the Kings just aren't lucky. Nevermind the fact that 16 games of "offense" is only 29% of the Kings games so far. That is bad and there are zero signs that Sutter was a "good" hire, just like most of us predicted.

I was willing to give him 15 games to see if Sutter had changed his ways, but the Kings are scoring less with Sutter than they did with Murray. Sure the Kings don't give up a lot, but they are a huge minus 5-on-5 right now and that is a bad sign for a "playoff" team. "Fixing" the PP doesn't get you much if you are only getting 2 or 3 chances per game on the PP. Even a great PP is around 20%, so 1 goal in 5 chances equals about 0.5 goals per game. When you are below 2 5-on-5 goals per game, another 0.5 goals isn't going to get you to 3 goals per game.

Since the coach is hired by the GM and is an extension of his philosophy, the failures of the team fall on the GM. AEG isn't going to fire 20+ players, some on long term, high salary contracts; they will fire the management team. I believe that the Kings are now at the point of no return with Lombardi, there isn't anything more that he could do that fits into his philosophy. He has created a cap team built from the back out and deep down the middle with a defensive minded coaching staff. It doesn't work anymore and he is out of ideas.
Syd, you know I'm on your side with all of this. My point is that if the team has a good game, few people both even logging in to say a simple way to go. But if they have a bad game, we get 7 pages of lengthy explaination of what is wrong with the team and how brutal they are, and how we should implode everything, ship half the club to Siberia and start over.

I get the negativity, but this team is still our team, you'd think there'd be a little more support when they do something well.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
im pretty sure i am souly responsible for atleast one page of drunk verbal masturbation after the florida game. this forum is like a councelling meeting for those stuck in a abusive relationship. it's a very minimal bunch of posters that dont encourage the kings when they are playing well

[QUOTE=kingsfan;43913975]G. But if they have a bad game, we get 7 pages of lengthy explaination of what is wrong with the team and how brutal they are, and how we should implode everything, ship half the club to Siberia and start over.
QUOTE]

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
this forum is like a councelling meeting for those stuck in a abusive relationship.
Never looked at it that way. Good one.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Go ahead and complain when things are bad, but remaining silent when things are good isn't a positive, nevermind a direct evolutionary link. I come from the mindset that if you can ***** when someone ****s up, then you can applaud when they do well. Some of you only learned the first half of this statement.

Each to his own.

The current trend in Behavioral Psychology calls for reinforcing (i.e., "applaud[ing] when they do well") 'good' behavior while ignoring 'bad' behavior. Personally, I feel that this technique undermines centuries of evolution and human development. But hey, if the Psych community believe they can magically rewire our physiological brainwave responses by saying "Hey, good job!", then more power to them. FWIW, brainwashing really isn't my thing. Actually, when people tell me "Hey, good job", I tend to get real pi$$ed!!! IMHO, motivation originates internally. At least, for me it does.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Each to his own.

The current trend in Behavioral Psychology calls for reinforcing (i.e., "applaud[ing] when they do well") 'good' behavior while ignoring 'bad' behavior. Personally, I feel that this technique undermines centuries of evolution and human development. But hey, if the Psych community believe they can magically rewire our physiological brainwave responses by saying "Hey, good job!", then more power to them. FWIW, brainwashing really isn't my thing. Actually, when people tell me "Hey, good job", I tend to get real pi$$ed!!! IMHO, motivation originates internally. At least, for me it does.
I don't want to ignore the bad or really even reward the good. Just have them but recieve equal recognition.

And throughout our eveolution, it's never been a good practice to only point out the negative and never the positive, and that's something a number of posters on this board (not naming names) have become very good at doing.