HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Old
12-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
My brother pranked our parents for Christmas.

12-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Who is the photoshop expert here?
Few guys here are great with it. Ratman, Beezer, and one of the Boooooooth's (Sorry, there's a few of you, lol)

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:25 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
My brother pranked our parents for Christmas.

In other news, my package that I ordered over 2 weeks ago should finally be here by tomorrow. It got delayed a bit because they ran out of wireless routers and they had a loooooong waiting list already for them.

NHL12 & Motorstorm Apocalypse/Dualshock 3-package +some other PS3 stuff and of course that cursed wireless router are mine tomorrow. Buahaha.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Gudbranson44

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAUL-LAUS-FL...item563c9be1f0

just saw this thing on ebay, how cool is this!!? I wish I knew these exsisted when laus was still playin for us

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 05:52 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Question for you Americans,

Is New Orleans worth visiting for a couple of days?
I'm going to Miami soon, and figured a trip to NO would be cool.

Transportation from Miami to New Orleans, would Greyhound be the best option?

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Question for you Americans,

Is New Orleans worth visiting for a couple of days?
I'm going to Miami soon, and figured a trip to NO would be cool.

Transportation from Miami to New Orleans, would Greyhound be the best option?
Man, I'm not a fan of NO at all, and Greyhound would take you 24 hours to get there. If you're wanting to go, fly, or at least rent a car. But honestly, I think you'd be better off going south to Key West. I'm sure you'd love to see the country, problem is Miami is way towards the bottom, takes almost 10 hours just to get out of it going towards New Orleans. Key West is a fairly nice drive, only about 3 hours from Miami, and still has some good food, historic places to visit, and enough weirdness. Well, for my tastes, lol.

Old
01-18-2012, 07:24 AM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

I agree with Laus. You'd be wasting a lot of time traveling from Miami to New Orleans and back. Unless you're going to fly in to Miami and then fly out from New Orleans.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
I agree with Laus. You'd be wasting a lot of time traveling from Miami to New Orleans and back. Unless you're going to fly in to Miami and then fly out from New Orleans.
Ditto key west >>>n.o. Imho

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
I've been to Miami seven times before and Key West couple times too.

Take into consideration that we are two young non-american (we appreciate things you as everyday poeple don't) guys who doesn't mind a bus trip since we get to see the surroundings + bus trip could be more of an "adventure" (lol) than flying. Still think it's a bad idea?
And I've heard New Orleans is really cool from people.

Like I said we've both been to Miami plenty of times before so we're looking for some fun in another city.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 12:04 PM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

Never been to New Orleans, so I can speak on whether it is worth it. Though I've always been interested in the city. I, personally, loathe buses for long trips like that. I'd either rent a car or take a train.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Never been to New Orleans, so I can speak on whether it is worth it. Though I've always been interested in the city. I, personally, loathe buses for long trips like that. I'd either rent a car or take a train.
Dude, just noticed your avatar...AWESOME!! "I'm a man, I can change, if I have to...I guess!" Love Red Green.

Agree with the above, buses for long trips just suck. If you're determined to make the long trip, rent a car. I bused from Alabama to West Palm like 19 years ago, still feel the boredom from that trip.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Getting a tooth pulled next Monday. My first cavity at 41 years old, and they aren't even going to try and fill it. I'm terrified. The last teeth I had pulled were wisdom teeth and it was awful.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Getting a tooth pulled next Monday. My first cavity at 41 years old, and they aren't even going to try and fill it. I'm terrified. The last teeth I had pulled were wisdom teeth and it was awful.
Yuck. I have to have a wisdom tooth pulled still that they didn't take when I was 16 due to it still being under the gum. Hate dentists. Had a root canal, wasn't bad at all actually.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:01 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I always try to be as creative and possible with GDTs, but this dude has some SERIOUS photoshop skills!!!

UNBELIEVABLE

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
I always try to be as creative and possible with GDTs, but this dude has some SERIOUS photoshop skills!!!

UNBELIEVABLE
Slocal's GDTs for the Sharks are always off the charts awesome. But I'm even jealous of your stuff, PB heh. Can't say I've got any artistic talent, nor photoshop for that matter

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

I'm pretty sure my 8 y/o son has a touch of ADD. We won't be pursuing an official diagnosis, as we have no interest in putting him on meds. So I've been researching it online, and was pleasantly surprised to see hockey listed as one of the best sports for kids with ADD. Of course, it makes perfect sense...constant action and movement. So along with going more organic in our diet, we'll be increasing ice time too.

Old
01-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I'm pretty sure my 8 y/o son has a touch of ADD. We won't be pursuing an official diagnosis, as we have no interest in putting him on meds. So I've been researching it online, and was pleasantly surprised to see hockey listed as one of the best sports for kids with ADD. Of course, it makes perfect sense...constant action and movement. So along with going more organic in our diet, we'll be increasing ice time too.
I think the medical world tends to be quick to throw on a label and toss a prescription, when sometimes the kid just needs a certain amount of movement and attention.

With that said, my best friend is ADD and dyslexic, which I believe because I've witnessed it, and was a police officer, then decided he wanted to be a pilot for the military. He didn't a branch that guaranteed him that position, he went with the Coast Guard, which meant he had to fight for that spot and only a select few get it. He was two out of apparently very many to get it and just left after being a fixed wing pilot for them. He just got his helicopter license because he wants to fly for Customs Border Patrol.

Not just bragging on a friend, I'm always proud of his using his 'labels' as motivation to push him forward. And he in turn pushes me to better myself. You kids are great little guys, I really enjoyed meeting them, and I love how much you provide them the opportunities to play. Look forward to seeing how they do as they grow, and I'm sure he'll channel himself into what he loves. I saw him do it at a young age.

Old
02-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Can somebody make me a cool Gudbranson avatar please

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
vendetta

vCash: 200
anyone wanna explain this vcash to me please?

vendetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Slocal's GDTs for the Sharks are always off the charts awesome. But I'm even jealous of your stuff, PB heh. Can't say I've got any artistic talent, nor photoshop for that matter
I am very novice at photoshop, and Im just getting into it the past year or so. Slocal does something interesting, he actually creates his GDT in photoshop, cuts it into pieces, and pastes it here. So he has up to 24 images in the post, but small enough where you dont get that yellow box above the pic, telling you to click to resize. BTW, if you want a way around that, there is a site called picslice, which will cut any pic into 4 equal pieces, so you can post larger pictures, without getting that yellow box.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
anyone wanna explain this vcash to me please?
Go to the vBookie board(it's right above Fantasy threads on main menu). You pick a game you want to bet on, click that thread, then the teams are displayed like a poll and you decide how much vcash to bet and on whom.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
I am very novice at photoshop, and Im just getting into it the past year or so. Slocal does something interesting, he actually creates his GDT in photoshop, cuts it into pieces, and pastes it here. So he has up to 24 images in the post, but small enough where you dont get that yellow box above the pic, telling you to click to resize. BTW, if you want a way around that, there is a site called picslice, which will cut any pic into 4 equal pieces, so you can post larger pictures, without getting that yellow box.
Eh, I just turned off the yellow box stuff in the site's settings, so images show up in their natural size. Just makes it easier for me. I wouldn't mind using photoshop but it's not a very pick and play kind of thing, takes a while to master. I'll consider checking out their free version on their site to play around. As long as it can take to make a GDT (and that's with a template I have), I still feel it's lacking when I can't do those things.

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:37 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Anyone see this goal by Detroit Lakes HS playe Alex Mason? Pretty cool!

Old
02-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Our New Pet

He's a one year old male Panther Chameleon. We're still trying to come up with a name for him. His coloring is amazing (especially in day light). He has really bright orange around his eyes, and we've seen him turn a beautiful blue/teal in the light, and dark read in the shade. It has been hours of just watching him.

He'll be going to our new store once we finish with the construction.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Boooooth10

Wooot. Just had a job interview and they hired me on the spot. **** yeah!

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote