HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Because the Laughs are probably making the playoffs. They're in eighth right now, although knowing them, they probably finish 1 pt out.
Oh ik, I meant during free agency

Old
02-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
Oh ik, I meant during free agency
Oh. If he doesn't cost too much.
Really fast skater.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

capgeek.com lists eriksson as a left wing. if there is a realistic option of obtaining him, sather should do it. he has the obvious chemistry with richards plus a cap hit of $4.25 mill for the next four years for a 30 goal scorer entering his prime.

with that said, i can't imagine the stars trading him for dubinsky + anyone.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:41 PM
bernmeister

If no Hall/Weber, then yes to Eriksson

Dubinsky + Sauer + 1st '12 for Eriksson is ok

Dubinsky + Fasth + 1st '12 + Bickel for Eriksson. Heck - they can even have Avery back as a "throwin" since they are paying him anyway
is not Fasth is a keeper + can still do deal with first option

As to:
"NY would have to add significantly...
Dubi, Hagelin 1st at the very least..."

big time NO at that price. Hagelin here to stay.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
He is a lefthanded shot and has played on both left and right wing throughout his career.... see here

As to your first question - you are most probably right. Why make this move?
Yeah, he's putting up solid numbers and has an affordable 4.25 cap hit for 3 more years. It would take one heck of a package to pry him loose. Don't see us wanting to pay the asking price.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Just saw this - Stars interested in Dubinsky Some very loose speculation about a deal from Dallas sending Dubi for Eriksson coming our way. A 1 to 1 deal is certainly a "YES" imo. What would we be willing to add - if anything - to make this go through? And is there any plausible reason that Dallas would do something like this?
Yikes. That's some pretty shoddy reporting by that blogger (not your fault BBKers). It went from a question asked by a Stars fan to "Stars have interest in Dubinsky?" based on some poor choice of words.

Though that's the second time this week I've seen someone on the outside refer to the Rangers depth at center as a reason Dubinsky has been struggling. Not many people seem to realize he was being used as a winger for most of the last season and a half.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

it would have to be a lot more than Dubi going back...this isn't a buy low type player...this is a buy high type player...he'd be expensive.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I'm willing to trade a 1st round pick. Would Dubi and a 1st get it done?

Old
02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Esa 10

Smyth, Kubina, and Gaustad. Getting all 3 would make for an ideal deadline taking prices and reality into consideration.

Eriksson would be awesome, but why would the Stars do it? They traded Neal, but that's because they were desperate to add a PMD. They loved McIlrath at the draft. Dubi + McI for Eriksson? Don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:08 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I'm willing to trade a 1st round pick. Would Dubi and a 1st get it done?
considering what the stars wanted for richie last year as a rental player...i doubt that would do it.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
considering what the stars wanted for richie last year as a rental player...i doubt that would do it.
Definitely wouldnt do that. In fact they would laugh at Duby and a 1st. We're talking about a player who has hit 70 point that last 2 seasons and is on pace for just about 70 this season. Hes only 26 and has what I would consider a great cap hit on $4.25 million for another 4 years after this one.

They wanted alot for Richards last season when he was gonna be a UFA after the season and it looked like he wouldnt be back. Imagine what they'd want for Eriksson.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
OverTheCap

That "speculation" is no different than a poster on this board making a trade proposal. Nowhere in that article does Heika mention that Eriksson is even available. DeLury needs to be more careful, this is how rumors get started.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

to DAL: Dubinsky + Anisimov + McIlrath + Thomas + 1st

to NYR: Eriksson

Old
02-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if i was to guess, id say the cost of Eriksson would be somewhere in the neighborhood of...

Stepan, A first, Kreider, and CT.

just a guess.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

i wouldnt do it.

not saying its not a fair deal, im just saying, as constructed, and going forward, i dont think i would give up that much for L.E.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
PMantis24
LGR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
That "speculation" is no different than a poster on this board making a trade proposal. Nowhere in that article does Heika mention that Eriksson is even available. DeLury needs to be more careful, this is how rumors get started.
Seriously, so a Stars beat writer responds to a reader's question about getting Dubinsky, then a blogger links the article and says we should get Eriksson in return. Like OverTheCap said, this is no different than a member in here posting a random trade proposal lol.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

how about no?

when we can sign parise next year theres no reason to deconstruct half the roster for 1 player .

if dubi and a 1st doesn't get it done, which it probably won't, then im not interested.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Esa 10

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
if i was to guess, id say the cost of Eriksson would be somewhere in the neighborhood of...

Stepan, A first, Kreider, and CT...
Too many young pieces going to Dallas for 1 player in both cases. Anyway, Joe N. just traded a young scoring winger in Neal last year. That probably means they're sticking with Eriksson and Benn going forward.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Sometimes I don't understand the Rangers beat writers...I also think they're blackballing me since none of them respond to my mentions/questions

(I'm not RobZ24, see under username)

http://twitter.com/stevezipay/statuses/168041841105702914

Who gives a crap how old he is, dude has 50 points...I also have no idea with what being old has to do with being a rental A more reasonable response would have been "PHX in 8th, will probably add not sell"

Would have loved to follow Weinman in the Twitter era
Zipay is a bit of an arrogant ****** on twitter. This coming from personal experience. It is almost like he chooses to take the most sarcastic route possible. However he is well informed which leads me to believe Whitney is a no no.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
how about no?

when we can sign parise next year theres no reason to deconstruct half the roster for 1 player .

if dubi and a 1st doesn't get it done, which it probably won't, then im not interested.
Yeah.. I agree. No sense in blowing up the roster for Eriksson. This team is built on chemistry and comradery and maybe people here just chose to ignore that.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:25 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I am going with guesses of:

Gaustad and Kubina
Can Gaustad win faceoffs? Unlike most here, I see our "big" moves being minor tweaks like you have listed here. Perhaps a 3rd line guy that can win faceoffs and a veteran 3rd pairing d-man for added depth. As much as I'd like to "fix" our PP, adding a Smyth won't make much of a difference, IMO.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:29 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
Can Gaustad win faceoffs? Unlike most here, I see our "big" moves being minor tweaks like you have listed here. Perhaps a 3rd line guy that can win faceoffs and a veteran 3rd pairing d-man for added depth. As much as I'd like to "fix" our PP, adding a Smyth won't make much of a difference, IMO.
He is one of the best in the league and he is a grinder. Big body, hard to play against, good on face-offs.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Selanne is my top rental target. Not only is he a cup winning, work horse, goal scoring machine, he's also a right handed shot. Our PP could use that. Oh, and he's a PP beast as well which we need. We could actually play an effective umbrella on the PP with Selanne on one end and Gaborik on the other. I would have Stepan and Gaborik down low, Selanne and Richards up high, and MDZ at the top of the umbrella.

Smyth is probably my #2 target. He'd give the PP a different look with his butt parked in front of the crease. Generally is a great competitor, doesn't take off during the playoffs. Solid addition.

Whitney is also intriguing. Also a right handed shot. Also a cup champion. PP contributor. A Selanne light. Probably tied with Smyth as a #2 target.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
I think getting a guy like Gaustad would do alot more then people realize. Winning face offs is a part of hockey that so many people take for granted. Having a guy who can take and win crucial faceoffs could mitigate the fact that this team does not have a top 10 offense.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Selanne is my top rental target. Not only is he a cup winning, work horse, goal scoring machine, he's also a right handed shot. Our PP could use that. Oh, and he's a PP beast as well which we need. We could actually play an effective umbrella on the PP with Selanne on one end and Gaborik on the other. I would have Stepan and Gaborik down low, Selanne and Richards up high, and MDZ at the top of the umbrella.

Smyth is probably my #2 target. He'd give the PP a different look with his butt parked in front of the crease. Generally is a great competitor, doesn't take off during the playoffs. Solid addition.

Whitney is also intriguing. Also a right handed shot. Also a cup champion. PP contributor. A Selanne light. Probably tied with Smyth as a #2 target.
Selanne is another guy I would love to bring in. But again, what worries me is that this team's success is hinged in its chemistry and bringing in guys like Selanne/Smyth or Gaustad would hinder that chemistry.

Closed Thread