HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The most Amazing night ever

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
The most Amazing night ever

Ok I got to the garden tonight about 1:00pm and was out for the program and shirt stand out front of the garden. 2:00pm walk outside and right into JD and Dave Maloney quick hellos and a signed hockey card each and walk away to see 4-5 Rangers fan's running after a few people and at closer look it is Joey Kocur and Keenen. I walk over and the 94 team is hanging out in the hotel across the street from the Garden as they walk out i get each to sign a few pictures and take a picture. Nick Kypreos had his own camera and was filming all the fans and was in general being a kid in a candy shop classy guy. Got to finally meet my Favorite 94 Ranger in Jay WElls who stopped and talked for like 15 minutes and was a great guy. Neil Smith was next and made a funny remark about interviewing for Islander job and how he wants to win a cup there also. Brian Noonan was funny as not many people knew him. Glen Healy when told about Dingleberry leaving as Islanders gM he said " Oh him it is about time" The 2005 Rangers were next and everyone other then the Checks were great to the fans, Jagr was totally rude and would not for anyone. I didn't bother to ask, Prucha signed but never ever said a word and Malik just walked without looking at anyone and never stopped. Fedor and Hank were awesome and signed everything put in front of them and took photos i will post later. Mije Richter was great and loks more like a school teacher then a future Hall of famer. Messier and Graves pull up in a SUV and signed for close to 100 fans and then out fo now where i am standing next to Vic Hatfield and Mike Hartman spoke to both for 5-10 minutes All in all a great experience and amazing time see that 94 team again. Funniest line of the night i see Colin Cambell who says "hey fight tape guy" as we spoke he says he loves the new rules for a marketing side but the new NHL is not a tuff game anymore and isn't crazy about the lack of hitting. The Mess is the man and tonight was special thank you mess

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-13-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old
01-13-2006, 12:27 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Wow, that's rediculous.

And the game/night wasn't half bad either

Old
01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
TheZherdev

are the cezchs that disrespectful to the fans?

Old
01-13-2006, 01:08 AM
GarretJoseph*

I met Jags & he treated me with the upmost respect. He was a model NYR. I met other NYR before like Malhotra & Gravyboat but the best without a doubt was Brian Leetch. I went to CK (H.S) where Mary Beth (Brians Wife) was my teacher (P.E) and Brian would come by all the time and talk with us & sign sticks, note books, pucks, pretty much anything we gave him. I remember talking to him one time for about 8 minutes while he was waiting for Mary Beth and he was a stand up guy.

Perhaps Jagr was just having a bad day or he was simply a tad jealous over Mess and all the attention hes getting lately. Jags & Hank usually get all the love these days...

Old
01-13-2006, 01:37 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Ok I got to the garden tonight about 1:00pm and was out for the program and shirt stand out front of the garden. 2:00pm walk outside and right into JD and Dave Maloney quick hellos and a signed hockey card each and walk away to see 4-5 Rangers fan's running after a few people and at closer look it is Joey Kocur and Keenen. I walk over and the 94 team is hanging out in the hotel across the street from the Garden as they walk out i get each to sign a few pictures and take a picture. Nick Kypreos had his own camera and was filming all the fans and was in general being a kid in a candy shop classy guy. Got to finally meet my Favorite 94 Ranger in Jay WElls who stopped and talked for like 15 minutes and was a great guy. Neil Smith was next and made a funny remark about interviewing for Islander job and how he wants to win a cup there also. Brian Noonan was funny as not many people knew him. Glen Healy when told about Dingleberry leaving as Islanders gM he said " Oh F@@k him it is about time" The 2005 Rangers were next and everyone other then the Checks were great to the fans, Jagr was totally rude and would not for anyone. I didn't bother to ask, Prucha signed but never ever said a word and Malik just walked without looking at anyone and never stopped. Fedor and Hank were awesome and signed everything put in front of them and took photos i will post later. Mije Richter was great and loks more like a school teacher then a future Hall of famer. Messier and Graves pull up in a SUV and signed for close to 100 fans and then out fo now where i am standing next to Vic Hatfield and Mike Hartman spoke to both for 5-10 minutes All in all a great experience and amazing time see that 94 team again. Funniest line of the night i see Colin Cambell who says "hey fight tape guy" as we spoke he says he loves the new rules for a marketing side but the new NHL is not a tuff game anymore and isn't crazy about the lack of hitting. The Mess is the man and tonight was special thank you mess
thats awesome, i wish i could've made it out sooner to share that type of experience

i had my personal moment tonight though, got richters autograph and was virtually right next to him pregame, he is my all time favorite athlete so that was very cool for me

i heard about messier signing autos, but the lady behind me was saying it was over 200 people which to me says everything you need to know about the guy

Old
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
I met Jags & he treated me with the upmost respect. He was a model NYR. I met other NYR before like Malhotra & Gravyboat but the best without a doubt was Brian Leetch. I went to CK (H.S) where Mary Beth (Brians Wife) was my teacher (P.E) and Brian would come by all the time and talk with us & sign sticks, note books, pucks, pretty much anything we gave him. I remember talking to him one time for about 8 minutes while he was waiting for Mary Beth and he was a stand up guy.

Perhaps Jagr was just having a bad day or he was simply a tad jealous over Mess and all the attention hes getting lately. Jags & Hank usually get all the love these days...
CK?? christ the king?

Old
01-13-2006, 01:40 AM
bcrt2000

I'm pretty sure the reason why the Czechs didn't say much is because they are uncomfortable with their english and get easily embarassed. I've been in the situation where I was in another country, and my speaking of that country's language was pretty bad, and once I was dissed by some people, and after that experience I haven't spoken a word of that language in nearly 12 years.

Old
01-13-2006, 01:40 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
CK?? christ the king?
yup

Old
01-13-2006, 01:43 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
yup
no sht used to play them CHSAA

anyway back to the topic

one thing about richter, that guy can handle every type of situation
he was being interviewed in the crowd in the stands, about hundreds of people around him going nuts, couldn't believe how he was able to get through it

he did look pretty clean cut, but he looks like he's still in great shape

Old
01-13-2006, 01:53 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Ok I got to the garden tonight about 1:00pm and was out for the program and shirt stand out front of the garden. 2:00pm walk outside and right into JD and Dave Maloney quick hellos and a signed hockey card each and walk away to see 4-5 Rangers fan's running after a few people and at closer look it is Joey Kocur and Keenen. I walk over and the 94 team is hanging out in the hotel across the street from the Garden as they walk out i get each to sign a few pictures and take a picture. Nick Kypreos had his own camera and was filming all the fans and was in general being a kid in a candy shop classy guy. Got to finally meet my Favorite 94 Ranger in Jay WElls who stopped and talked for like 15 minutes and was a great guy. Neil Smith was next and made a funny remark about interviewing for Islander job and how he wants to win a cup there also. Brian Noonan was funny as not many people knew him. Glen Healy when told about Dingleberry leaving as Islanders gM he said " Oh F@@k him it is about time" The 2005 Rangers were next and everyone other then the Checks were great to the fans, Jagr was totally rude and would not for anyone. I didn't bother to ask, Prucha signed but never ever said a word and Malik just walked without looking at anyone and never stopped. Fedor and Hank were awesome and signed everything put in front of them and took photos i will post later. Mije Richter was great and loks more like a school teacher then a future Hall of famer. Messier and Graves pull up in a SUV and signed for close to 100 fans and then out fo now where i am standing next to Vic Hatfield and Mike Hartman spoke to both for 5-10 minutes All in all a great experience and amazing time see that 94 team again. Funniest line of the night i see Colin Cambell who says "hey fight tape guy" as we spoke he says he loves the new rules for a marketing side but the new NHL is not a tuff game anymore and isn't crazy about the lack of hitting. The Mess is the man and tonight was special thank you mess
Obviously don't know because I wasn't there but Prucha definitely isn't comfortable speaking English...

Old
01-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Edge

Wow, Tonight was a night!

So I was at the game tonight, got to be down by the tunnel when Messier came out.

I haven't felt anything like that since being at game 7 of the Stanley Cup 12 years ago. Hell, I almost cried.

It was great seeing a lot of guys I haven't seen in a while, and they all remembered me which was nice. But tonight was a night that just brings back so many memories. At time I felt four again, like I was at my first Ranger game. At times I felt like I was 13 and they acquired him, then I was 15 and they were winning the cup and then I was 27 and I'm standing there watching them hang his jersey. It's one of those moments that's very surreal as a sports fan.

Messier was the first player I ever remember seeing when I was little kid. And now here I am, watching him retire.

The game itself was wonderful and a great way to win it. But for just a few moments, I was 4 years old again. And it was very magical.

Old
01-13-2006, 02:10 AM
bcrt2000

by the way.. was just watching the Messier Night recap on the score, they were playing U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb in the background when all of the players were being interviewed after the game (they also used U2's Where the Streets Have No Name when Messier walked onto the ice)

Old
01-13-2006, 02:20 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
are the cezchs that disrespectful to the fans?
doubt it, goon hates every non north american pretty much.

Old
01-13-2006, 02:23 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
amen

Old
01-13-2006, 02:29 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
http://blogs.foxsports.com/ZYanksRule

I just wrote about it on my FOXSports blog.

Magical cannot even begin to describe it. Watching it on TV, I don't think it did it justice.

But since you were there, thank you for booing Dolan. I hate that *****, and it made me so happy for him to be getting booed in his own house on a night like tonight.

Old
01-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

The Czechs seem to have a quiet demeanor, not out of disrespect, but they are self contained in most situations most likely do to the fact that english dosn't come easy to them. Jagr on a good day seems like he would treat fans very well, but if you caught him in a scoring drought I bet he might give you the cold shoulder, He is finicky, but he is very good so whatever floats his boat.

Old
01-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Fletch

You were in town, Edge?

Man, I forgot about that. Hope you enjoyed. As I mentioned in a previous post, I ended up going to the luxury suite next to Messier's family. Kind of hung out in the hallway as he, Graves and Richter walked by every once in a while. Ushers were real jerks tonight - really showing off their power. Wouldn't let me walk by Mess' suite a half hour after the game ended (the quickest way to the elevator was past his suite - it added almost 10 minutes to my 'commute' home). They even asked me to move away from the glass where I could see Mess and Richter (I joked that I was in a picture with Mess and Richter's son because I was behind the glass, to which the usher replied, you're not anymore and asked me to step away - great way to treat a guy with a paid ticket for a suite). Anyways, it was a great night, capped off with a great win.

Old
01-13-2006, 08:57 AM
shoothepuck

The Chechs weren't disrespectfull, they were in awe, as were all the players. If you saw Prucha's face from the bench when Messier was on the ice it was awesome.

Old
01-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
doubt it, goon hates every non north american pretty much.
That my friend is a very stupid comment. Kasper is one of my favorite Rangers and i own a prucha jersey. I stated what i saw and ask the 10-15 kids with pucks that Jagr refused to sign how they feel

Old
01-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Ok I got to the garden tonight about 1:00pm and was out for the program and shirt stand out front of the garden. 2:00pm walk outside and right into JD and Dave Maloney quick hellos and a signed hockey card each and walk away to see 4-5 Rangers fan's running after a few people and at closer look it is Joey Kocur and Keenen. I walk over and the 94 team is hanging out in the hotel across the street from the Garden as they walk out i get each to sign a few pictures and take a picture. Nick Kypreos had his own camera and was filming all the fans and was in general being a kid in a candy shop classy guy. Got to finally meet my Favorite 94 Ranger in Jay WElls who stopped and talked for like 15 minutes and was a great guy. Neil Smith was next and made a funny remark about interviewing for Islander job and how he wants to win a cup there also. Brian Noonan was funny as not many people knew him. Glen Healy when told about Dingleberry leaving as Islanders gM he said " Oh him it is about time" The 2005 Rangers were next and everyone other then the Checks were great to the fans, Jagr was totally rude and would not for anyone. I didn't bother to ask, Prucha signed but never ever said a word and Malik just walked without looking at anyone and never stopped. Fedor and Hank were awesome and signed everything put in front of them and took photos i will post later. Mije Richter was great and loks more like a school teacher then a future Hall of famer. Messier and Graves pull up in a SUV and signed for close to 100 fans and then out fo now where i am standing next to Vic Hatfield and Mike Hartman spoke to both for 5-10 minutes All in all a great experience and amazing time see that 94 team again. Funniest line of the night i see Colin Cambell who says "hey fight tape guy" as we spoke he says he loves the new rules for a marketing side but the new NHL is not a tuff game anymore and isn't crazy about the lack of hitting. The Mess is the man and tonight was special thank you mess
Which hotel? The Pennsylvania?

Old
01-13-2006, 10:46 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

A night which will last a lifetime.

Old
01-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
So I was at the game tonight, got to be down by the tunnel when Messier came out.

I haven't felt anything like that since being at game 7 of the Stanley Cup 12 years ago. Hell, I almost cried.

It was great seeing a lot of guys I haven't seen in a while, and they all remembered me which was nice. But tonight was a night that just brings back so many memories. At time I felt four again, like I was at my first Ranger game. At times I felt like I was 13 and they acquired him, then I was 15 and they were winning the cup and then I was 27 and I'm standing there watching them hang his jersey. It's one of those moments that's very surreal as a sports fan.

Messier was the first player I ever remember seeing when I was little kid. And now here I am, watching him retire.

The game itself was wonderful and a great way to win it. But for just a few moments, I was 4 years old again. And it was very magical.
Amazing how time flys huh? Nice post.

Closed Thread