HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 01:08 AM

vCash: 500
It's good to see Tinordi has improved but I'm disappointed that he has stopped fighting since his fight with McGuire.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
It's good to see Tinordi has improved but I'm disappointed that he has stopped fighting since his fight with McGuire.
Coaches told him straight up (esp when Harrington and Maatta were injured) not to initiate fights. It was somewhere in the London newspaper. Anyways, long story short: he's too important to be off the ice for 5 minutes or more.

On that note, I hope he's taking lessons from his dad off the ice

Old
02-10-2012, 11:28 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

NBC Sports Network is showing the Denver game at 10 pm tonight, not sure if they stream games or not though. Should be a good one as Minnesota is leading the NCAA and DU needs the points if they want to try and catch Minnesota in the WCHA standings.

The Michigan vs Michigan St game is on tv as well, same for the North Dakota vs UMD in a huge WCHA battle as Kristo/MacMillan take on Kishel.

It's too bad Walsh is injured again as NBC sports is showing Dartmouth next Friday.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
NBC Sports Network is showing the Denver game at 10 pm tonight, not sure if they stream games or not though. Should be a good one as Minnesota is leading the NCAA and DU needs the points if they want to try and catch Minnesota in the WCHA standings.

The Michigan vs Michigan St game is on tv as well, same for the North Dakota vs UMD in a huge WCHA battle as Kristo/MacMillan take on Kishel.

It's too bad Walsh is injured again as NBC sports is showing Dartmouth next Friday.
The Big Ten Network is showing the Michigan - Michigan Tech game tonight, so folks in both the US and Canada that get that channel can watch.

The Score in Canada is replaying tonight's Denver game tomorrow afternoon/evening depending on your time zone, so folks can get a glimpse of a prospect that most don't get a chance to see. They will be featuring more North Dakota and Denver games in coming weeks too.

For Shaw cable subscribers in western Canada, Shaw TV's Friday night game involves Gallagher and the Vancouver Giants. Gally is one goal away from tying an all time team record (and 10 points and 17 assists away from tying those records too).

Sportsnet just announced its lineup of games for their Friday night CHL coverage, and all five remaining games in the regular season involve teams with Hab prospects on them. Great news!!

Lots of Hab prospects on tv in the coming weeks ahead.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan View Post
The Big Ten Network is showing the Michigan - Michigan Tech game tonight.
Tonights game is vs Michigan St as it's at State, so a big weekend for Bennett and Pateryn's team.

The Denver game should be a good one, DU hasn't been as good as I thought they would be this year but they can be a fun team to watch.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Old
02-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post

Hum, who are they?

Old
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

I think Hynes lost that fight. #11 threw some good punches and Hynes just held on and took him down. Decent hit but I really don't get why this is worth posting?

Old
02-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I think Hynes lost that fight. #11 threw some good punches and Hynes just held on and took him down. Decent hit but I really don't get why this is worth posting?
Pimping an undrafted player.

Hynes also is 5'' shorter.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:30 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Pimping an undrafted player.

Hynes also is 5'' shorter.
Precisely

Old
02-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Precisely

Last 3 years

Gallagher : 175 games, 115 goals

Hynes : 181 games, 107 goals

Worth a shot?

Old
02-10-2012, 08:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

No. Hamilton is gonna be full and he's really not that special. His height will be a huge disadvantage. DD and Gallagher are enough. We need to surround those with clones of Patch and Cole.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
No. Hamilton is gonna be full and he's really not that special. His height will be a huge disadvantage. DD and Gallagher are enough. We need to surround those with clones of Patch and Cole.
Let him start in Wheeling?

Old
02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

If you insist...

Old
02-10-2012, 08:58 PM
EveryDay

Tinordi is +2 once again tonight with 1 A

Old
02-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Protest the Hero

Missed the first period, and most of the second. Bennet and Pateryn didn't do much, and the Wolverines looked pretty bad in the third, too bad.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Tinordi is +2 once again tonight with 1 A
+37 in 35 games. Next highest London Knight is +27. Not bad.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:04 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Gallagher just tied a Giants all time team record for goals. 1-1 late in the first.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:15 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
I think, like Robinson, (and I'm NOT saying JT is Robinson except for size and toughness!) JT will pick his spots, fighting rarely.

Robinson did not fight that much, but man, other teams knew he was there, and they really did not want to tangle with him.

I could see JT having the same effect, if he learns to fight a bit better in the AHL.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
+37 in 35 games. Next highest London Knight is +27. Not bad.
Haven't you heard? He's turrible.

Is he the most polarizing Habs prospect in our system? All of last year, I heard only bad reviews on him, from Londonites to USA fans. They really piled on. I'm not sure it was warranted because from what I got to see at the training camps and the WHJC, he was impressive. I guess people just keep these preconceived opinions that stems from something similar to HF gossip, if you get what I'm trying to say.

In Button I trust.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:11 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Haven't you heard? He's turrible.

Is he the most polarizing Habs prospect in our system? All of last year, I heard only bad reviews on him, from Londonites to USA fans. They really piled on. I'm not sure it was warranted because from what I got to see at the training camps and the WHJC, he was impressive. I guess people just keep these preconceived opinions that stems from something similar to HF gossip, if you get what I'm trying to say.

In Button I trust.
He should be in AHL next year and maybe NHL two years. Hopefully they get Emelin signed long term. Entering the Habs zone with these two guys on the ice could be dangerous to your health plus Subban can hit pretty good as well.

Old
02-11-2012, 02:38 PM
30whales

How many years do you guys expect Mark MacMillan to stay at UND? 3 or 4? And also do you guys see Danny Kristo leaving UND this year or staying another year?

Old
02-11-2012, 02:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched Kristo/MacMillan vs Kishel game, was a fun to watch, physical and intense as it had a playoff feel. Impressive win for North Dakota on the road vs the top scoring team in the NCAA. Kristo was held scoreless but was more involved physically. I thought MacMillan played a strong game, setup one goal and his work in the corner/behind the net led to the 3rd goal (not sure how he didn't get an assist).

Kishel wasn't as noticeable, had a couple chances on the PP but didn't get any points and was on the ice for one goal against (although more his d partners fault for being out of position)

didn't get around to watching the Denver game but I might catch tonights game, recording the Michigan game as well tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Missed the first period, and most of the second. Bennet and Pateryn didn't do much, and the Wolverines looked pretty bad in the third, too bad.
I saw some of the game, Michigan ran into good goaltending but didn't bring their A game. They have been red hot of late so i'm not surprised they came up short but hopefully it's a better showing tonight by the team and both Bennett/Pateryn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
How many years do you guys expect Mark MacMillan to stay at UND? 3 or 4? And also do you guys see Danny Kristo leaving UND this year or staying another year?
I think Kristo leaves as soon as this season is done. MacMillan I'd wager will stay for 2 more years or more, as he needs to fill out a good bit and the Hamilton Bulldogs should be loaded the next two years baring any trades.

Old
02-11-2012, 02:52 PM
30whales

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I think Kristo leaves as soon as this season is done. MacMillan I'd wager will stay for 2 more years or more, as he needs to fill out a good bit and the Hamilton Bulldogs should be loaded the next two years baring any trades.
Disappointing. It would be really nice if Kristo came back next year but I do believe you are right on him. Next year is going to fun to watch MacMillan more than likely on the same line as his brother!

Old
02-11-2012, 04:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30whales View Post
Disappointing. It would be really nice if Kristo came back next year but I do believe you are right on him. Next year is going to fun to watch MacMillan more than likely on the same line as his brother!
I don't think Kristo will be back. There was an interview with him once (I think it was on the Sioux videos site) and he said that he's giving turning pro serious thought after the season.

I think Mac is doing well offensively and getting top 6 minutes for a rookie. What do you think of him so far?

Closed Thread