HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Holy **** some of you guys are throwing out ridiculous packages for Eriksson. He's a good goal scorer, but far from a superstar talent. I'd barely consider those kinds of packages for Ryan, who is younger and more versatile. I get Dubinsky is having an off year, but come on.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
CM PUNK

LOL so a stars reporter says he thinks it would be a good idea for the stars to go after dubinsky and a rangers blogger responds that the only guy HE would want back is eriksson and somehow that gets turned into a dubinsky for eriksson rumor??

quick someone start a thread that you think it would be a good idea for tb to trade for wolski and i'll jump in that i want stamkos back LOL

Old
02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Holy **** some of you guys are throwing out ridiculous packages for Eriksson. He's a good goal scorer, but far from a superstar talent. I'd barely consider those kinds of packages for Ryan, who is younger and more versatile. I get Dubinsky is having an off year, but come on.
Eriksson is a Selke calibre 70 point player ona steal of a contract. Ryan more versatile? No.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Eriksson is a Selke calibre 70 point player ona steal of a contract. Ryan more versatile? No.
Seriously for a guy who puts up almost 30 goals and 70 points and makes $4.25 million for another 4 years. He wouldn't come cheap if he's available. Don't think he's available but that's another story.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Agree to disagree I guess. I find Ryan to be the more well rounded player of the two. That said, I agree his contract is magnificent, and it would be hard to pry him out of Dallas.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Agree to disagree I guess. I find Ryan to be the more well rounded player of the two. That said, I agree his contract is magnificent, and it would be hard to pry him out of Dallas.
I went to Anaheim's board. They all agrees that if he's not scoring, he's not noticeable.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Eriksson is good, but far from a superstar being worth gutting the team for. My point was that some of the proposals I'm seeing for him are ridiculous. I didn't mean to turn this into a Ryan vs. Eriksson debate

Old
02-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I went to Anaheim's board. They all agrees that if he's not scoring, he's not noticeable.
I don't know about noticeable or not, but him scoring at the rate he has for the last 3-4 years is IMO a good indication of how watered down the leauge is.

I mean, Eriksson is a very good sniper/2-way player, no doubt. Good skater. Good shot. Nifty around the net.

But he isn't that good.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't know about noticeable or not, but him scoring at the rate he has for the last 3-4 years is IMO a good indication of how watered down the leauge is.

I mean, Eriksson is a very good sniper/2-way player, no doubt. Good skater. Good shot. Nifty around the net.

But he isn't that good.
He was great with Richards. They had amazing chemistry. Knew where each one was at all times.

Old
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Rangers4Life74

any chance we could pry Doan away?if so,what would it take?

Old
02-10-2012, 04:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
how about no?

when we can sign parise next year theres no reason to deconstruct half the roster for 1 player .

if dubi and a 1st doesn't get it done, which it probably won't, then im not interested.
How about a thing called the salary cap.

We aren't getting Parise.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:27 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Selanne is another guy I would love to bring in. But again, what worries me is that this team's success is hinged in its chemistry and bringing in guys like Selanne/Smyth or Gaustad would hinder that chemistry.
I don't think so. It's more a matter of who we are subtracting to get guys of Selanne or Smyth's trade value. I'm convinced Selanne is the type of player who can succeed and play anywhere. Smyth did a good job when he went over to the Pilses and helped get them to the playoffs that year and of course was instrumental in the Oiler's cup run in 2006. If we can get one for Valentenko and a 1st, then how could you NOT take that deal (unless you are married to your 1st but it's a good year for us to take a risk on a rental).

Old
02-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

Can't argue there. We are not getting Carter, Ryan or Nash either.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Am I the only one who would vomit from seeing Carter in our beloved blue?

That guy is not a Ranger.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Kershaw

I think if we get Eriksson, he'd be the best forward on this team. But it's all a pipe-dream to land him. He has one of the best bargain contracts in the league and a team that needs to reach the floor like Dallas require him.

If Fedotenko is out, I hope Sather can go out and get a couple of more NHL players. Doesn't have to be a big acquisition either. I'm thinking of getting Pahlsson from Columbus, Koivu from Anaheim, Wellwood from the Jets, etc.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:22 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Robin Brownlee on Ales Hemsky

Quote:
If Tambellini moves Hemsky, who has underwhelming 4-18-22 and minus-15 totals in the 41 games he's played, he's going to get stiffed. If he doesn't move him, he's going to get nothing.
http://oilersnation.com/2012/2/10/al...t-what-you-can

Who doesn't want a player with 4 goals in 41 games and who is non-factor at even strength?

Brendan Morrow will miss at least a couple of weeks

Quote:
``He's not making the progress we had hoped for, so we just need to let him continue his rehabilitation and therapy and that will probably take at least a couple of more weeks,'' Gulutzan said.

Morrow has been bothered by stiffness in his upper back and neck that make it painful at times and also make it difficult to turn his head. He has used rest and injections to deal with the problem for more than a year, but those solutions aren't working as well now.
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...least-a-c.html

Mike Heika actually wrote its unknown how the injury affects any possible trade. Who doesn't want a player with a neck injury?

Quote:
Paul Gaustadís name is starting to surface around the league as a pretty serviceable rental for the remainder of the year. Thereís a chance Buffalo is active at the deadline and may look to unload a number of players. Gaustad would fit the bill for a several teams.

Sources say San Jose, Vancouver, Colorado, and Detroit are all possible destinations for Gaustad. More may surface as we move along.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/M...Eyeing-Gaustad

Buffalo has broken off contract talks with Gaustad's agent. He would be a very good on the Rangers.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:26 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

No Rangers scout in Buffalo for Dallas@Buffalo tonight

Quote:
We will list the scouts in the press box at every game until the Feb. 27 trade deadline. Full house here tonight.

Cancuks
Jets
Flyers
Flames
Red Wings
Ducks
Capitals
Maple Leafs
Blackhawks
Hurricanes
Bruins
Avalanche
Flyers
Predators
http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...in-the-ho.html

So no Loui Eriksson to the Rangers

Old
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/M...Eyeing-Gaustad

Buffalo has broken off contract talks with Gaustad's agent. He would be a very good on the Rangers.
Thank you RangerBoy.

So did we come up with a consensus on what reasonable price they want and we would pay for Gaustad?

Old
02-10-2012, 06:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Says who? You can't say he won't sign here any more certainly than anyone else says he will. We've already shown 100x that he fits under the cap for next year...and beyond that we can worry about that later. It's not like we'd have to blow up the team for him either. Move one player and we're set for several years. So yes, the salary cap shows he can be added with minimal adjustment. Whether he wants to play for NYR is a different story altogether.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Emptyvoid

Whoever said the Rangers should get Kubina and Gaustad, I think it was boyler87, I'm starting to think that's a very good idea and the best we can do.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Vitto79

Wolski replaces Feds for now. May as well dress Bickel for Philly as it will be a brawl, I expect a gaustad, pahlsson type move regardless of Feds status

Old
02-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Vitto79

Btw has anyone noticed Zuke n wolski doin well together, package em!

Old
02-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No Rangers scout in Buffalo for Dallas@Buffalo tonight

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...in-the-ho.html

So no Loui Eriksson to the Rangers
Also can be deduced that the Bruins are looking at Dallas...I certainly can't see them and the Sabres liking one another as dance partners as of late .

Old
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

We'd only have to deal with Parise's cap hit, essentially, for 2 years. Then it replaces Gaboriks. Dubinsky also won't be getting 4 + mill after this contract is up either. You can be creative. If Parise is available and wants to come here you don't just say no.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
We'd only have to deal with Parise's cap hit, essentially, for 2 years. Then it replaces Gaboriks. Dubinsky also won't be getting 4 + mill after this contract is up either. You can be creative. If Parise is available and wants to come here you don't just say no.
The issue isn't in two years, it's next year when we have a lot of RFA due raises. If you sign Parise, it's extremely likely you lose someone from our current core.

Closed Thread