HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2012, 03:53 PM
  #201
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
my point was that you would blame Bryz if he had given up that 3rd goal, no question in my mind.
again, had that been Bryz, you would have said 2 bad goals, no question in my mind.
LOL

Quote:
absolutely: both were a result of Bob having an initial / un-screened shot, which he misplayed into goals. Bryz did exactly what he should have, it snuck through = his fault, but in Bob's case he did not do what he should have: steered puck into corner & let time run out vs NJD and catch the puck vs TOR
LOL

Quote:
1. you sound like a 5 year old [fitting with the avatar] when you say things like that
2. he's not 'my' anything. i don't care who is the #1 [unlike, for example; you]
3. you continue to claim Bob is better, and that you judge them fairly, but then bring up that he's a 2nd year goaltender ..... after a poor start by Bryz, he HAS outplayed Bob. the stats and facts and my eyes prove that.
LOL

and I answer you that way as that as that what your posts are worth anymore.

The fact you state the Gaborik goal was NOT one of the most pathetic goals of the season (certainly worse than any goal that got by BOB in the NJ game) is just ludicrous.

My god that is funny.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
  #202
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,165
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
The guy imploded in the SO.

He has been given multiple chances and he always implodes.
That was an implosion? Again, where is the fault for the scorers? Where is the credit for Nabokov? It all comes back on Bryzgalov...why? You've got your blinders on to everything else going on in the games, and are looking for reasons to criticize him.

Why should you have faith in him besides the Bruins game? (idk what Bruins game you're talking about...) What about his last few weeks? He's been very good! Oh wait yeah, one bad game against NYR and a shootout loss....that's right, still a bum! OF COURSE! I forgot he's the only goalie we have who has had bad games against NY this season...

Keep looking for a reason to hate him though. Enjoy your blinders

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
  #203
Tim Tebow
Registered User
 
Tim Tebow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Westeros
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Not even close.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Bryz has made many big saves, but due to how he plays, they're not flashy or exciting like Bob's.

Also, I don't understand how ANYONE can blame the NYI game on Bryz. Last I checked, shooters need to score in the mini-game as well.
I am slightly confused. I feel like you are agreeing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Let me clarify...

Yes bryz makes big saves (and for the record, I'm a bryz supporter even though I like Bob), but the point a lot of people are making is that bryz hasn't been known to come through this season when its NEEDED. Example, soft goals, huge saves in the 3rd period in a 1 goal game, and some people will mention shoot outs etc.

I think he's turning it around, but I still dnt think he has the fighter's spirit that bob does.

I liked his quote from last night "I don't care who's fault it is, I don't like giving up goals"(or something along those lines).
Hockey doesn't see personalities though. I can agree Bob certainly presents himself like a much more focused and committed player but he still has to back it up on the ice with his numbers. Bob's numbers this season and career wise say he is an average goalie who is prone to meltdowns in pressure games. I am not really referring to or comparing Bryz directly in this as much as I am saying Bob does all of those things. He is streaky and prone to getting shelled, gives up his fair share of weak bad goals. If one is going to rip Bryz for those things they have to do it to Bob too. His season has been pretty similar. When you look past the contracts and hype nether goalie is having an impressive season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
LOL



LOL



LOL

and I answer you that way as that as that what your posts are worth anymore.

The fact you state the Gaborik goal was NOT one of the most pathetic goals of the season (certainly worse than any goal that got by BOB in the NJ game) is just ludicrous.

My god that is funny.
Really? A goalie missing a poke check and getting scored on blows your mind more then goalies getting scored on from center ice or whiffing on slow bouncing pucks without any traffic? Things that have happened a good few times this season.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:32 PM
  #204
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
You've got your blinders on to everything else going on in the games, and are looking for reasons to criticize him.

Keep looking for a reason to hate him though. Enjoy your blinders
it really is becoming a big joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
I am slightly confused. I feel like you are agreeing with me.
he is. he's saying your views are so correct, they can't be questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
LOL
means you have nothing to make your point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
The fact you state the Gaborik goal was NOT one of the most pathetic goals of the season ....
I said 'since the WC, Bob has given up the 2 worst goals' .... Gaborik's was the 3rd worst goal, behind Bob's goal #3 vs NJD - clear, un-screened point shot, with 10 seconds left in the period - used his left pad, puck on the ice, coughed rebound right to a Devil, never got up, got beaten over the shoulder = game over. And goal #2 to TOR: simply needed to catch the puck that was inside his glove.

Bob needed to: steer rebound into the corner vs NJD & catch the puck already inside his glove vs TOR.
Bryz did the right thing, but it got through. Still a bad goal, but certainly not as bad as Bob's 2


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:36 PM
  #205
LetsGoFlyers1825
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
The guy imploded in the SO.

He has been given multiple chances and he always implodes.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM
  #206
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,811
vCash: 500
Well hands down the Gabby goal was easily the weakest out of the three. I think your the only one that disagrees with that one BP1974.

That being said, honestly it's a shame where this whole thing has went. It started off with everyone having a civil conversation about the two goalies and turned into you both argueing about the same thing both times. Everyone here knows hckyplayer8 hates Breezy. It's a fact he doesnt even deny. That being said, everyone here, except you BP1974, knows you are on Breezy's side than Bobs. You say you are unbiased and dont care who the #1 is, but what you say and what you post are totally different. You will defend every goal Breezy has let in. That's a fact. You might say "well it was a soft goal BUT..." and than go on for a paragraph as to why it wasnt a soft goal. On the other end of it, if Bob doesnt let in a soft goal, you go: "I dont think it was a soft goal BUT..." than you go on for about a paragraph as to why it was a soft goal. You might not see it, but we all classify you as a Breezy-fan as much as hckyplayer8 is a Bob-fan. Honestly, you arent unbiased at all, you are pretty much on one side of the fence. And that's fine. But dont yell at someone else when they are on the other side of the fence.

That being said, this wasnt a shot at you, but more of where the whole debate has gone. Beef as pretty much given up, as well as a few others who were pretty neutral. Kinda wish there were more neutral people who would talk about this.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
  #207
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
That was an implosion? Again, where is the fault for the scorers? Where is the credit for Nabokov? It all comes back on Bryzgalov...why? You've got your blinders on to everything else going on in the games, and are looking for reasons to criticize him.

Why should you have faith in him besides the Bruins game? (idk what Bruins game you're talking about...) What about his last few weeks? He's been very good! Oh wait yeah, one bad game against NYR and a shootout loss....that's right, still a bum! OF COURSE! I forgot he's the only goalie we have who has had bad games against NY this season...

Keep looking for a reason to hate him though. Enjoy your blinders
The NYI game made me so pissed off because if we won that game it would have been because of BRYZ. It sure as hell wouldn't have been because of the skaters. I was so prepared to come on here and for only the second time this season, sing praises to this guy that I harp on game in and game out but noooooo he had to go and implode. When you go 0-2 in the SO that is an implosion. I mean he was nowhere close to even making a save. It truly looked like he felt a soccer net was behind him. You have to give your skaters a chance and when you go and instantly let a goal in, you don't.Then you let in a second goal and you all but bury the team.

It is sickening that we are tore apart our team to make room for this guy and then a god dang slap in the face that we are paying him so handsomely to be a mediocre goaltender.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
  #208
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Really? A goalie missing a poke check and getting scored on blows your mind more then goalies getting scored on from center ice or whiffing on slow bouncing pucks without any traffic? Things that have happened a good few times this season.
It blows my mind that is happening (and quite consistently) to a guy that is suppose to be a franchise goaltender.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:24 PM
  #209
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

means you have nothing to make your point
No. Its the fact I believe your "points" (if that is what you want to call them) are so ungodly stupid that I may as well just "LOL" instead of making life harder on BEEF and the mods.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:24 PM
  #210
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
At this point, prolly a little of both.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
  #211
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well hands down the Gabby goal was easily the weakest out of the three. I think your the only one that disagrees with that one BP1974.

That being said, honestly it's a shame where this whole thing has went. It started off with everyone having a civil conversation about the two goalies and turned into you both argueing about the same thing both times. Everyone here knows hckyplayer8 hates Breezy. It's a fact he doesnt even deny. That being said, everyone here, except you BP1974, knows you are on Breezy's side than Bobs. You say you are unbiased and dont care who the #1 is, but what you say and what you post are totally different. You will defend every goal Breezy has let in. That's a fact. You might say "well it was a soft goal BUT..." and than go on for a paragraph as to why it wasnt a soft goal. On the other end of it, if Bob doesnt let in a soft goal, you go: "I dont think it was a soft goal BUT..." than you go on for about a paragraph as to why it was a soft goal. You might not see it, but we all classify you as a Breezy-fan as much as hckyplayer8 is a Bob-fan. Honestly, you arent unbiased at all, you are pretty much on one side of the fence. And that's fine. But dont yell at someone else when they are on the other side of the fence.

That being said, this wasnt a shot at you, but more of where the whole debate has gone. Beef as pretty much given up, as well as a few others who were pretty neutral. Kinda wish there were more neutral people who would talk about this.
And Lastly

I can agree with all of the above (actually its a really good OBS), except I do not hate Bryz the person.

I hate we exploded the team for the guy.
I hate we are paying him 51 mil.
I hate the above points because of the results he has yielded this season.

And above all, I am frustrated and beyond pissed that we have this goaltender issue. Some of this frustration may unfairly be deflected upon Bryz. Some of it may not.

Either way this guy was suppose to be the one that tied the loose ends and he has failed miserably. If we had to stack the D to make the goalie look good then why the flying hell did we get him in the first place? I mean good god, we may as well have just stuck with BOB and BOOSH if we had to have discussions about going after Weber and Suter and every other top D in the league.

Either way it is pathetic that we all sit here and feel the need to pick apart every goal. But its even even more sad that it literally has come to this. That even "a franchise goaltender" has all but failed this team to date.

I really want the guy to turn it around and I really want this problem to go away, but ATM the only way I see that is seeing what BOB has by making him starter and let Bryz fix whatever the hell is wrong with him.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:39 PM
  #212
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
It blows my mind that is happening (and quite consistently) to a guy that is suppose to be a franchise goaltender.
I hear what your sayin. If i didnt want him, didnt like him and then we got him payed him all this money and he was inconsistent, i'd probably be pissed too. but you cant watch one position when it comes to close hockey games. We had more than enough opportunities to score and all we did was lob softballs at net to run up the shot total and make nabokov look 10 years younger. We dont play the kind of style that would even remotely help a goalie look like he stole a game. the islanders suck and we should've scored in regulation. then we go to a shootout and all of our attempts sucked with simmonds execution just being retarded. that was almost like a forfit to me. Your a younger flyers fan and you havent been through the horrors that older guys (im 35) like me have with this neverending lineup of sh it they put in their crease. we paid money for a guy that was great before he got here. give him this year at least, playoffs included before you make him the center of all your hatred towards our crappiness. You really wanna blame someone blame that god dam stick to prongers face against toronto. i know bob has potential and is a good goalie but he wasnt good enough in his rookie year and when we made the move to sign bryz i really thought they knew somethin i didnt about bob. now it just seems like we have 2 good russian goalies. one of them just gets paid more and took the pressure a little bad at first.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:58 PM
  #213
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 13,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well hands down the Gabby goal was easily the weakest out of the three. I think your the only one that disagrees with that one BP1974.

That being said, honestly it's a shame where this whole thing has went. It started off with everyone having a civil conversation about the two goalies and turned into you both argueing about the same thing both times. Everyone here knows hckyplayer8 hates Breezy. It's a fact he doesnt even deny. That being said, everyone here, except you BP1974, knows you are on Breezy's side than Bobs. You say you are unbiased and dont care who the #1 is, but what you say and what you post are totally different. You will defend every goal Breezy has let in. That's a fact. You might say "well it was a soft goal BUT..." and than go on for a paragraph as to why it wasnt a soft goal. On the other end of it, if Bob doesnt let in a soft goal, you go: "I dont think it was a soft goal BUT..." than you go on for about a paragraph as to why it was a soft goal. You might not see it, but we all classify you as a Breezy-fan as much as hckyplayer8 is a Bob-fan. Honestly, you arent unbiased at all, you are pretty much on one side of the fence. And that's fine. But dont yell at someone else when they are on the other side of the fence.

That being said, this wasnt a shot at you, but more of where the whole debate has gone. Beef as pretty much given up, as well as a few others who were pretty neutral. Kinda wish there were more neutral people who would talk about this.
this is the single best post in this entire thread's history..

and well said.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:37 PM
  #214
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You will defend every goal Breezy has let in.
'Breezy' ? is that like 'Bobsky' or something?

and, you are just flat out WRONG, or LYING, when you say I defend every goal Bryzgalov has given up. Absolutely not true. I've even criticized him when it didn't result in a goal against [vs NASH]

so, gets your facts straight, please. don't make false accusations

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:41 PM
  #215
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
But its even even more sad that it literally has come to this. That even "a franchise goaltender" has all but failed this team to date.
what really is sad is that people here refuse to acknowledge that, after an admittedly poor start [26 games], and poor numbers, and deserved benching, the new goalie has, indeed, performed better.

still needs to improve, but those ignoring the steps he has taken so far are comical.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:56 PM
  #216
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Bryz is getting paid to be a number one goalie, and the fact is, he hasnt even come close to living up to that. His play has been horrid and he is being outplayed by a guy making no where close to the same amount as him. Of course he is going to get **** for it, and he deserves to get **** for it. Maybe if he played like the goalie he is getting paid to be, it wouldnt be an issue. He lets in terrible, back breaking goals every game. Bob let in one bad goal last night but made some huge saves, something Bryz has yet to do with the exception of his last game. Hopefully he can build off that game and become the goalie he is being paid to be

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:27 PM
  #217
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
His play has been horrid and he is being outplayed by a guy making no where close to the same amount as him.
not since his benching it hasn't been. you are ignoring the facts.

no, he's not getting outplayed by Bob. look at the stats for their last 8 games. maybe at one point Bob was better, but the stats and facts say not now.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:52 PM
  #218
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
not since his benching it hasn't been. you are ignoring the facts.

no, he's not getting outplayed by Bob. look at the stats for their last 8 games. maybe at one point Bob was better, but the stats and facts say not now.
You are ignoring the facts. Bryz is getting paid over 5 million to be subpar. Fact. Bob is getting paid less than a million and is playing better than the guy making over 5 million. Fact. Bob comes up with clutch saves at clutch times. Fact. 8 games is a huge sample size. The Devils game where the entire team **** the bed, hurts Bob's stats over those games. Bryz finally had a good game his last game he started. Maybe his 5th or 6th this entire season.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
  #219
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Kinda wish there were more neutral people who would talk about this.
They would, but all of it would get lost in this ****storm anyway. I mean, both guys have said the same thing over and over again for probably more times than my total post count, but it seems no one gets bored of doing it. War of attrition reigns supreme here.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
  #220
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
both guys have said the same thing over and over again
only one of us is calling one of them a BUM


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
Bob is getting paid less than a million and is playing better than
that is not true, my eyes and the stats say they are playing just about the same, which is a big step forward for Bryz, considering his poor start


i am neutral. i don't care who makes what, or who is the '#1' come April


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-10-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:40 PM
  #221
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
only one of us is calling one of them a BUM




that is not true, my eyes and the stats say they are playing just about the same, which is a big step forward for Bryz, considering his poor start


i am neutral. i don't care who makes what, or who is the '#1' come April
Well your eyes arent very good, and like I said, the only reason their stats are similar are because of the Devils game where the entire team sucked. It wouldnt be a big deal if Bryz was outplaying a guy making chump change compared to what he is making, but the fact is, he isnt, and thats why people are pissed

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:56 PM
  #222
Tim Tebow
Registered User
 
Tim Tebow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Westeros
Country: United States
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
It blows my mind that is happening (and quite consistently) to a guy that is suppose to be a franchise goaltender.
I am just saying calling that specific goal one of the worst this season is over the top. Anytime a goalie goes for a poke check and misses he will always be out of position and will often look bad. It occasionally happens to every goalie that poke checks.

Most would agree Tim Thomas is an elite goalie. He is also a very aggressive goalie. You may remember when we played them in the Winter Classic Syvret scored on him when Thomas ran out of the blue paint to push another Flyer out of his way. That happens to him often. He had a similar thing happen in the cup finals and many may remember Luongo trashed him for it saying it was an easy save for him specifically because he doesn't go as far out as Thomas does.

The poke check is a similar concept. When I saw that play I believe Meszaros was the defender, it looked like a simple mix up. Mez wasn't in great position and Bryz likely expected Gaborik to make an aggressive move towards the net but Gaborik just kept drifting away and threw a weak shot at the net and with Bryz being wrong he was out of position.

I am not denying Bryz is having a bad season. But I wouldn't call that goal one of the worst given up this season.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
  #223
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
and like I said, the only reason their stats are similar
then we agree they are about the same. does Bryz get a 'throw away the stats' game ?

if he did, then his stats would be even better than they are.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:14 PM
  #224
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 13,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post


i am neutral. i don't care who makes what, or who is the '#1' come April
how can you not care who much Bryz is making ???

cap management is prolly one of the single biggest/important things a team has to consider when being put together for the season..

you cant simply say $$$/player isnt important.. you just cant not in the cap-era.

but if you do, then i basicly cant discuss hockey with you.. your out to lunch in that case.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:15 PM
  #225
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
I am just saying calling that specific goal one of the worst this season is over the top. Anytime a goalie goes for a poke check and misses he will always be out of position and will often look bad. It occasionally happens to every goalie that poke checks.
Bryz didn't poke check, he had the paddle down & let in a bad goal on a backhand, as Gaborik gave himself more room by moving away from the net. as a goalie, I'd always blame myself for letting it get through, and call it a bad goal. not because Bryz made an incorrect move, but because it went it in. bad goal.

not like Bob flubbing the puck in his glove vs TOR, or coughing up the easy rebound to the Devils. those were BY FAR worse than Gaborik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
how can you not care who much Bryz is making ???
I assume that is "how much the goalies make"

i expect good results from everybody. ALL forwards, ALL D, ALL goalies .... nobody gets cut slack because they make less & nobody gets more criticism because they make more.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.