HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #52 @ Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: POTG
Brad Richards 30 44.78%
Artem Anisimov 5 7.46%
Ryan Callahan 6 8.96%
Derek Stepan 7 10.45%
Marian Gaborik 1 1.49%
Carl Hagelin 1 1.49%
Ryan McDonagh 2 2.99%
Dan Girardi 2 2.99%
Marc Staal 1 1.49%
Brian Boyle 10 14.93%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Brandon Prust 1 1.49%
Martin Biron 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 500
Actually after watching many times I don't see Moore's elbow actually hitting Feds, it looks like his own stick gets shoved in his face

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Actually after watching many times I don't see Moore's elbow actually hitting Feds, it looks like his own stick gets shoved in his face
I thought it was the shoulder.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I thought it was the shoulder.
It was.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Play was weird. On one angle it looks like the shoulder absolutely clocks him but on another angle it doesn't show much contact, if any, at all. The fact that Feds is down and doesn't return though leads me to believe that he did get hit with the shoulder though. I don't see how someone gets that hurt from a stick to the face.

02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Yeah it's hard to tell.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Looking ahead to tomorrow since the GDT isn't up until later, Bob is in for the Flyers. Bryz has the Flu.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Looking ahead to tomorrow since the GDT isn't up until later, Bob is in for the Flyers. Bryz has the Flu.
It's OK. They can't beat us.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Boyle Knows Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Even Richards himself is admitting he's not playing up to his standards, so can the excuses such as blaming his linemates stop already?

I'm assuming he's having trouble adjusting to the team and the city, so hopefully next season he bounces back in a major way. The good thing is that he has had a tendency to score some clutch goals despite his playmaking and PP struggles.

Yeah... because Richards is going to blame his linemates on camera...

Really man. You equate Richards not being a total ******* with him being totally satisfied with his linemates?

Boyle Knows Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle Knows Santa View Post
Yeah... because Richards is going to blame his linemates on camera...

Really man. You equate Richards not being a total ******* with him being totally satisfied with his linemates?
You would have a point if Richards was feeding his linemates with glorious chances routinely and they were flubbing it, or if he was outplaying his linemates by a large margin, but that hasn't been the case.

Also, he gets to play with Gabby on the PP, where he should be getting most of his points, but Richie has been underwhelming on the PP thus far. Anyone who thinks that Richards is not capable of playing better solely because of his linemates is deluding themselves.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Not to restart this debate again, but I think that the point is that Eminger tries to by physical, but actually misses on most of his attempts. And whereas Bickel actually does clear the crease, Eminger does not.
Bickel is not an NHL caliber defenseman. He makes too many mistakes, takes too many dumb penalties, and is too lousy handling the puck. Eminger is a very serviceable 5-6 defenseman.

Quote:
As for defensemen fighting, I get your point. However, those have been teh types that have been drafted recently. Fighting is a part of their game. Why draft them at all, if you will try to change the player that they are?
We didn't draft Bickel and he wouldn't even be up if not for the ridiculous number of injuries we've had to our defense.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:15 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Bickel is not an NHL caliber defenseman. He makes too many mistakes, takes too many dumb penalties, and is too lousy handling the puck. Eminger is a very serviceable 5-6 defenseman.
Ok, you proved me wrong. You win. Especially on the 'dumb penalties" part.
Quote:
We didn't draft Bickel and he wouldn't even be up if not for the ridiculous number of injuries we've had to our defense.
Not talking about Bickel here, but the ones that we did draft. The ones that have been drafted very recently. Fighting IS a part of what they do, is it not?

You are also leaving out that Erixon did not appear ready for the NHL, which is why Bickel got inserted. And that Bickel's play did prevent teh waste of an asset in a trade to fill in.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeCorcoranN...96855278878720

Quote:
@MikeCorcoranNHL
Mike Corcoran
League source confirms no hearing scheduled for D Moore. No ruling yet on a possible fine or warning. Rules out suspension. #TBLightning

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Well that's a bunch of bullcrap. Hit to the head now equals a 2500 fine at the most. Yep. Makes sense. :

Old
02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Zil

Quote:
Ok, you proved me wrong. You win. Especially on the 'dumb penalties" part.
Yeah, because three dumb penalties in two games for Bickel totally equals one questionable call against Eminger in his first game back. Eminger played 13 minutes last night. Bickel hasn't come close to that kind of icetime recently. There's a reason for that. Bickel is terrible positionally. Eminger's no great defenseman, but he is capable of playing real bottom pairing minutes.

Quote:
Not talking about Bickel here, but the ones that we did draft. The ones that have been drafted very recently. Fighting IS a part of what they do, is it not?
Other than McIlrath, which of our major defensive draft picks have been fighters? Staal doesn't fight. Del Zotto doesn't fight. Sauer almost never fights. Sanguinetti doesn't fight (he doesn't do much in the way of playing hockey either but that's not the point). McIlrath is the only fighting defenseman we've drafted high (ie first two rounds) since at least the lockout.

Quote:
You are also leaving out that Erixon did not appear ready for the NHL, which is why Bickel got inserted. And that Bickel's play did prevent teh waste of an asset in a trade to fill in.
What does that have to do with playing Bickel over Eminger? I'm not saying it's bad that we have him in our system for extreme emergencies. I'm saying there's no way in hell he should ever play over a capable bottom pairing defenseman like Eminger.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bickel plays defense worse than Eminger does.

Bickel fights better than he does, but Eminger is better at hitting.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Did you know he posts on this board, and has years before he got that gig?

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Bickel is also a faster skater than Eminger. Kid was faster than I had anticipated.

02-10-2012, 08:22 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Yeah, because three dumb penalties in two games for Bickel totally equals one questionable call against Eminger in his first game back. Eminger played 13 minutes last night. Bickel hasn't come close to that kind of icetime recently. There's a reason for that. Bickel is terrible positionally. Eminger's no great defenseman, but he is capable of playing real bottom pairing minutes.

Other than McIlrath, which of our major defensive draft picks have been fighters? Staal doesn't fight. Del Zotto doesn't fight. Sauer almost never fights. Sanguinetti doesn't fight (he doesn't do much in the way of playing hockey either but that's not the point). McIlrath is the only fighting defenseman we've drafted high (ie first two rounds) since at least the lockout.

I guess I started this back-and-forth. I'm not saying Bickel is really a good NHL defenseman. However, in his first few games, he played quite well, recently, he has taken some lousy penalties. Also, I have seen SAuer fight on several occasions, though when healthy, I'm not comparing the two, Sauer is an excellent defensive defenseman.

It is also true that Bickel was brought up because Erixon wasn't ready, and we had a number of injuries. I'll leave it at that.

What does that have to do with playing Bickel over Eminger? I'm not saying it's bad that we have him in our system for extreme emergencies. I'm saying there's no way in hell he should ever play over a capable bottom pairing defenseman like Eminger.

I think you overrate Eminger, I don't feel he's that capable. And Bickel did not play that badly his first few games, so I think he's better than he's shown lately.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 02-10-2012 at 08:55 PM.
ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Did you know he posts on this board, and has years before he got that gig?
Does he??

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post

I think you overrate Eminger, I don't feel he's that capable. And Bickel did not play that badly his first few games, so I think he's better than he's shown lately.
Yeah, my argument really merits the shakehead emoticon because you're clearly thinking on a level that's so far above me. Bickel has been exposed for what he is: An AHL defenseman. He's not good enough positionally to play in the NHL.