HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

It's time to put Richards and Gaborik together

Old
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Rangerpat

vCash: 500
I have been reading these threads quite a bit and have noticed that nobody has put Richards and Anisimov together. In the overtime last night, I thought they looked pretty good together. With Feds probably out (just speculating), Wolski will probably be put into the lineup. I'm thinking this:

Wolski - Stepan - Gabby
Anisimov - Richards - Cally
Dubi - Boyle - Hags
Rupp - Mitchell - Prust

Am I missing something? I think this looks pretty good. Wolski is such an unknown, but he is just eating cap space and we need to start showing him to maybe get something for him at the deadline.

Just a thought.

Rangerpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Stepanformayor*

Torts will not put Richards with Gabby anytime soon because Richards is our worst forward in our own end at -3. Stepan +23 and Gabby +17 have been our most conseistant 1-2 punch all year. We are first in the East and some of you want Torts to break up our top line?

Brad Richards needs to figure it out, he is suppose to be 1 of the best players in the leauge and to this point it has not worked out here. If he did not know that it was going to be a different style of hockey here than he should of signed elsewhere. He played for Tort's and won a cup the same way. Tort's has not changed his coaching style and should not keep trying to get Richards going night in and night out. He is suppose to be a pro. He was brought in here to fix our pp and it is worse this year than it was last year.

Some of you talk like BR has been with Rupp and Feds all year. It's been 1 game. The Rangers starting winning when Tort's put Gabby and Stepan together why would he change that. BR has had his chance to play with Dubi, Cally, Artie. The problem is Brad Richards does not make players around him better and to me Stepan does. I hope Tort's makes Richards figure it out!!

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 06:18 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Dubinsky-Richards-Gaborik
Mitchell/Rupp-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Fedotenko
Mitchell/Rupp-Boyle-Prust

No point in mixing it up unless they'll be given enough time to develop something. But this playing of Richards with the grunts...it's a waste. Enough is enough. Size or no size, it might be time to give MZA another shot, also. Maybe the extra time in the A has given him a new insight.

Another option might be to move Callahan to the LW for a while and try Callahan-Richards-Gaborik. I have no doubt that he could be just as effective playing on the left side. He's far too smart a player for something so trivial to hamper his style.
Rupp and or Mit hell on line 2 ?? REALLY? NO! but give less playing time to more offensively talented young kids like Hagelin and AA..makes no sense.And Mitchell is easily replacable.id take Avery over him any day.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote