HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 07:05 PM
crunchyblack*
juice monkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Roy and Gaustad for Pavelski? Could add Leopold in there as well.

Or Pominville for Pavelski straight up?

I would think of these deals as being after the season. Maybe if you guys don't won't the Cup and management decides a shakeup is necessary. I just figure of all the forwards, Thorton and Marleau heave NTC's and large cap hits, and are over 30. Couture I would assume is untouchable. No one will give any good value for Havlat, so that leaves Pavelski as the only major forward that could really be moved. Having Thorton, Marleau and Couture as guys who can play center, along with Pavelski, makes center a position of abundance. So I could see Pominville being a player of interest.

I'm not trying to say that these things are necessarily true, but that's how I see them as an outsider, and was just curious as to Pavelski's availability, particularly if you guys don't win the cup this season.
Pavelski is NOT available. Especially for what you offered.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
More proof that these so called "analysts" don't watch this club enoguh

Old
02-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
The Sharks will make a move before the deadline. But it won't be a blockbuster. DW will add depth with a 3rd or 4th line winger, or D. I don't expect him to get another big name. Last time that happened Campbell screwed us.
Campbell didn't screw us, he made it clear he was going to test the market. We overpaid at the deadline for a player we needed. That's always what happens at deadline, and that's why I'm disappointed with DW this year. It's been obvious what we needed since very early in the season, but I think he sees Sheppard as the "trade deadline move"

Old
02-10-2012, 08:43 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Campbell didn't screw us, he made it clear he was going to test the market. We overpaid at the deadline for a player we needed. That's always what happens at deadline, and that's why I'm disappointed with DW this year. It's been obvious what we needed since very early in the season, but I think he sees Sheppard as the "trade deadline move"
at least we're on the same page.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
I wouldn't call that trade overpaying. Steve Bernier was a bust and their 1st round pick was like 26th overall. A player of Campbell's caliber is worth that as a rental if you have the need and the Sharks definitely had the need.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

Anyone else hear Kurz in the pregame mention Mike Knuble as an option for the Sharks?

We all joke about how player "x" is slow and what not, but Knuble, it's like he is skating through peanut butter.

Kurz also threw out the idea that a 3rd round pick may be enough.

Meh.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2134 View Post
Anyone else hear Kurz in the pregame mention Mike Knuble as an option for the Sharks?

We all joke about how player "x" is slow and what not, but Knuble, it's like he is skating through peanut butter.

Meh.
I'd rather keep the 3rd.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:

Meh.
I know what he's thinking, but this isn't 02-03.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:24 PM
sjshark91

Quote:

Meh.
3g -14

Your damn right a 3rd is enough, a 6th should be enough.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Iron Chef

I like Mike Knuble's character and leadership, but we're slow enough. No thanks.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

I'd keep the 3rd as well.

He makes Torrey Mitchell look like a good hockey player.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

Could be worse. Habs' fans want a 2nd round pick for Hal Gill, their #5 d-man. Yeah, no.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:36 PM
sjshark91

Quote:

Does not compute.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

I swear everytime White makes a pass it goes to the other team. Even for short passes.

02-11-2012, 12:40 AM
The McMafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I wouldn't call that trade overpaying. Steve Bernier was a bust and their 1st round pick was like 26th overall. A player of Campbell's caliber is worth that as a rental if you have the need and the Sharks definitely had the need.
DW has done a decent job of dumping poor players while they still had high value from "potential", with Bernier being the poster boy.

Two mistakes player-wise that I can think of where there was a sell and the player went on to improve later: Gorges and Carle. Maybe you include Michalek in there since he was able to overcome his injuries and play great this year.

The picks are unknowns since you never know who the Sharks might have drafted. But if you look at the 1st rounders grabbed from the Guerin and Campbell deals... David Perron and Tyler Ennis. Ouch.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The McMafia View Post
DW has done a decent job of dumping poor players while they still had high value from "potential", with Bernier being the poster boy.

Two mistakes player-wise that I can think of where there was a sell and the player went on to improve later: Gorges and Carle. Maybe you include Michalek in there since he was able to overcome his injuries and play great this year.

The picks are unknowns since you never know who the Sharks might have drafted. But if you look at the 1st rounders grabbed from the Guerin and Campbell deals... David Perron and Tyler Ennis. Ouch.
Moving Gorges and Carle were acceptable though. Gorges was not going to be what he is in Montreal in San Jose. He wouldn't have gotten the time. Carle got us Boyle and that's more than fine by me. And if it's the Sharks making those picks in the late 20's, we'll find the bust.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Moving Gorges and Carle were acceptable though. Gorges was not going to be what he is in Montreal in San Jose. He wouldn't have gotten the time. Carle got us Boyle and that's more than fine by me. And if it's the Sharks making those picks in the late 20's, we'll find the bust.
I'd also like to add that Flyers fans are losing patience with Carle. He's like their version of Colin White (from what I read anyway)

Old
02-11-2012, 12:54 AM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The McMafia View Post

Add Max Pacioretty on the Rivet deal.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:56 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
I'd also like to add that Flyers fans are losing patience with Carle. He's like their version of Colin White (from what I read anyway)
Yeah, reading through their GDT the other day, he is their whipping boy. Can you believe that none of them want to re-sign him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
Imagine this team with Pax and Perron?

Old
02-11-2012, 01:09 AM
The McMafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Imagine this team with Pax and Perron?
All three are left wings too. I don't know how the cap situation would have turned out with this but...

Pacioretty - Thornton - Marleau
Perron - Pavelski - Havlat
Ennis - Couture - Clowe
Mitchell - Desjardins - McGinn

Old
02-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
The Rivet/Guerin deals don't really count against DW. He ended up getting two first rounders in 2007 anyway. We traded Gorges, Toskala, and Bell for those two essentially.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Squeeven

I think this MIGHT be one of the reasons why we're after Travis Moen but not a very good reason to go after him

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...=realTimeStats

Very interesting stat because the Sharks do seem to get pushed off the puck a little too easy sometimes. At the same time maybe guys like Thornton and Marleau need to start using their bodies and playing more physical.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:15 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I think this MIGHT be one of the reasons why we're after Travis Moen but not a very good reason to go after him

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...=realTimeStats

Very interesting stat because the Sharks do seem to get pushed off the puck a little too easy sometimes. At the same time maybe guys like Thornton and Marleau need to start using their bodies and playing more physical.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Marleau has been much more physical recently. I like.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Marleau has been much more physical recently. I like.
I have called him Marshmarleau for the longest time. I'm glad he is getting nasty.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:19 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
I have called him Marshmarleau for the longest time. I'm glad he is getting nasty.
It's not even 'nasty' per se, but he's using his body to get good angles on the puck and he's following through with more checks than usual.

Closed Thread