HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McKenzie: "Is Brenden Morrow Available For Trade?"

Old
01-30-2012, 10:45 PM
powerstuck
User Registered

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Morrow has great value either to a contender but also to a young team as a mentor.
Its a term thrown around here with ridiculous frequency but this guy looks like a true candidate to return his team an overpayment.
As you said that Oilers popped up in my head as a team looking for someone to coach all their first picks from not so long ago.

powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 09:08 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
That offer from Pittsburgh is just awful. I'd rather get Despres straight up, even us adding a mid pick to get him. But I doubt that happens.

Pittsburgh and Dallas just aren't good trading partners anymore.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
On twitter, McKenzie just linked to his own blog about Brenden Morrow. Here's bits and pieces with the most interesting parts in bold.

Full article here --> http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=386166

Seeing as they're not contenders, there's no way he'd void his NTC etc. etc. but Morrow is exactly the kind of player the Oilers or Blue Jackets need. I was reading Aaron Portzline's piece about Columbus needing players who absolutely NEED to win, not just want to win, and Morrow would be the perfect guy there.

Personally, I kinda see him moving as the team builds itself around Jamie Benn. My wild, uninformed guess is while everyone waits for Toronto and Anaheim to complete a deal for one of their Big 3, Burke surprises everyone by dealing a significant package to Dallas to land Morrow.
What?!?
Trust me, if he gets traded, it'll be to a contender...
not a team that is rebuilding.

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Did he score a point against us in the playoffs? I dont think so.

Did he play in important games in the Conference Final or SCF? NOPE.

He is just not good, and I feel horrible for the Stars that they are actually playing him 15+, look how much he played for the Hawks in the playoffs....under 6 minutes (thats Oreskovich territory).

Please NO!
I think he's a very good player myself. He can even score some as he's shown with more minutes. When people are healthy he's a fourth liner on the Stars, but he can do more. Fast, physical, reliable, blocks a lot of shots, can win faceoffs, great in the locker room.

For Morrow I'd want a 1st and a top 6 prospect ready to break through, or a young right shot D with top pairing potential.

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I would do this. Morrow could be a great fit in Bylsmas's system.

What do you think Stars fans, would this be close?
Of course Pitt would do this. This package sucks. Dallas doesn't need Kennedy, and the rest of the deal is not attractive at all.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:45 AM
caley

The always reliable Mike Heika put up an article with some interesting quotes here from Morrow and Nieuwendyk in which neither dissuades the trade talk.

MORROW
Quote:
``It's been interesting to hear it, because I've never gone through this before,'' Morrow said of internet buzz. ``I know it's a profession, and I understand where I stand, so I'm just going to play and deal with whatever happens on a day-to-day basis.''
Quote:
``Joe and I have a good relationship, so I imagine we'll both be up front with each other,'' Morrow said. ``Right now, we're just trying to win games.''
NIEUWENDYK
Quote:
Nieuwendyk said that he has do whatever it takes to make the Stars better.

``We're studying all of our options,'' Nieuwendyk said. ``I don't think I'm leaning one way or the other on whether we're adding, subtracting or standing still. I think it's too early, and these upcoming games will determine a lot.''
Although the article also mentions that Morrow has a bad neck that's not responding to treatment and he's currently taking pre-game shots to manage the pain. That might make people hesitate to pay too much for him. Good read.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...th-pain-i.html

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 12:48 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
The always reliable Mike Heika put up an article with some interesting quotes here from Morrow and Nieuwendyk in which neither dissuades the trade talk.

MORROW

NIEUWENDYK

Although the article also mentions that Morrow has a bad neck that's not responding to treatment and he's currently taking pre-game shots to manage the pain. That might make people hesitate to pay too much for him. Good read.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/arch...th-pain-i.html
The injury would only make his value decrease for a team who's only shot is this year. It doesn't help, obviously, but it's not like he's instantly worthless.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
I just remembered this, but isn't Brenden Morrow very close with Marian Hossa?

I remember Morrow saying he'd always like to get a chance to play with him. I think I even remember him taking some questions about Hossa when he was a free agent saying it'd be nice if he came to Dallas.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
SEALBound

Well honestly, what would Dallas want in return? What would they honestly expect in return? If you think you're getting top dollar...think again. Dallas would take a roster player, a prospect, and a pick and run like hell with it!

That package from Pittsburgh is no awful. Considering Kennedy is a potential 20 goal scorer when in the Top 6, the Pens have some nice d-prospects, and a 3rd round pick...not that bad of a package.

[MOD EDIT]

Last edited by Viqsi: 02-10-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: let's not go there, thanks
SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I just remembered this, but isn't Brenden Morrow very close with Marian Hossa?

I remember Morrow saying he'd always like to get a chance to play with him. I think I even remember him taking some questions about Hossa when he was a free agent saying it'd be nice if he came to Dallas.
Well, they were teammates with the Winter Hawks, so that makes sense. We'd love to have Morrow and I'd love to see him play with Hossa.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Morrow-Bolland-Hossa

Great top 6

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Morrow would be an ideal mentor to the Winnipeg Jets young players; he also hails from the general region, is from just across the Man/Sask border.

Oh well.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtu View Post
What?!?
Trust me, if he gets traded, it'll be to a contender...
not a team that is rebuilding.
that's why he said what he said the sentence before that.

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Moderator Hat OnDiscussions about whether or not fanbases overrate their players are not quite cricket. We will now be moving on. Thank you for your cooperation.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
MG91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Is it just me or have Dreger and McKenzie become a lot more Eklund-ish in the last little while?
TSN as a whole is trying pretty desperately to hype up the trade deadline this year. Mckenzie and Dreger are just products of the hype train

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:44 PM
ThisYearsModel

Funny, because all the big deals were done before deadline day and their show on deadline day was a dud.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bowman should be interested, that's all I can say.

I don't see Morrow being moved this TD. maybe next year

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote